Live 07 Wishlist

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Live 07 Wishlist

Postby hmyoo on Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:00 pm

I only have 1 wish.

PLEASE LET THE GUYS WHO MAKE MADDEN SERIES MAKE NBA LIVE SERIES! PLEASE!

these nba live programmers are so slack and lazy. it just pisses me off everytime I play nba live. It's like the most disgusting game ever made. so many bugs and lazy programming, it makes me puke.
hmyoo

Postby Dreadnight on Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:55 pm

Wrong place, wrong choice of words, wrong start.

Welcome
Dreadnight

Postby The Other Kevin on Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:16 am

they can't. they have to make madden, nascar, ncaa, and i think another game that i can't think of.

Cloudy wrote:Damn I thought AO the streetballer got killed and is in Hell..
The Other Kevin

Postby Andreas Dahl on Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:49 am

1. Moved to NBA Live Wishlist.
2. How can you have a 'wishlist' before the next game is out? For all you know it could be the best game you've ever played.
3. How are they 'slack and lazy'? Care to explain? And what about all the bugs? It helps to actually say what the problem is rather than bashing the whole thing.

Oh yea, welcome to the forum (y)
Andreas Dahl

Re: Live 07 Wishlist

Postby End Boss on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:54 pm

hmyoo wrote:I only have 1 wish.

these nba live programmers are so slack and lazy. it just pisses me off everytime I play nba live. It's like the most disgusting game ever made. so many bugs and lazy programming, it makes me puke.

EA, like many games publishers, deals virtually entirely in financially related goals. Madden is a superior game because it sells more copies. On that basis EA is prepared to invest more money in development than NBA Live because it groses more. You'll also notice they market Madden more than NBA Live.

As a prospective game developer myself I've come to appreciate that the games industry is one of the most talented industries in the world and that virtually any short comings found in games are a direct consequence of management, finance, or both..

Everyone thinks they can make better games, but if they ever get that far they eventually realise that they have to try to make better games in the context of having a big fat cock up their ass..

To summarise, to say that NBA Live would be a superior game if the madden dev team worked on it is utter crap.. the "goodness" of games is 90% a product of the development conditions and 10% talent of the developers.. as far as I know the various dev teams are made up of enthusiasts of the particular sport they're working with.. making the switcheroo would more likely yield an inferior product to that which is currently being made by the NBA Live staff who I have much sympathy for
End Boss - End Boss - The Universe and all that lies therein
End Boss

Postby Null17 on Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:10 am

that's a nice way to make your first post. :roll: why is there a new wishlist when 06 hasn't come out yet. same shit happens every year. geez
Null17

Postby flixotide on Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:38 pm

Dreadnight wrote:Wrong place, wrong choice of words, wrong start.

Welcome

LMAO, couldn't agree more.
- Throw a cup of coke at me when I'm working out? and yes, I will bash your head in! Punish the thrower, not the target! Sheeesh
flixotide

Postby Jackal on Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:18 pm

I'd rather wait to play Live 06 and see how that turns out before putting down any wishes for a game not even in the planning stages.
Jackal

Postby cyanide on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:02 am

End Boss wrote:To summarise, to say that NBA Live would be a superior game if the madden dev team worked on it is utter crap.. the "goodness" of games is 90% a product of the development conditions and 10% talent of the developers.. as far as I know the various dev teams are made up of enthusiasts of the particular sport they're working with.. making the switcheroo would more likely yield an inferior product to that which is currently being made by the NBA Live staff who I have much sympathy for

Not asking for a switch, per se, but a better development team would be a nice idea considering how the Live series have been disappointing since 2001, imo.
if you were killed tomorrow, i WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN THE MOTHA FUCKER THAT KILLED U!
......|..___________________, ,
....../ `---______----|]
...../==o;;;;;;;;______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER
cyanide
Dat steatopygous

Postby Anthony15 on Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:23 pm

hmyoo wrote:I only have 1 wish.

Dude, if u haven't even played in Live 06, u can't make a wishlist for 07, douche bag!
Anthony15

Postby kingtrobe807 on Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:18 pm

Hey I have only 1 wish too for nba live 07.......

That it will be better than 06 :D :D
kingtrobe807

Postby nbalive744 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:19 am

lol that it would be a completely different and unique game, rather than a tiny little improvement to 06
Click on the Sig for my PS Thread, Thanks Colin
New York Knicks Announcer during a Free Throw Attempt wrote:And you see the fans waving those thundersticks, they only work if you can't shoot
nbalive744

Postby hornets_fan on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:49 am

07 will be even better, btu madden tops it all
hornets_fan

Postby Laxation on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:41 am

it would be nice to see some of the madden depth come into nba live...

ive never played madden however, but from what i hear its offseason and create a player mode thingy is superiour, making madden the best sports game ever
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby Gedas on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:40 am

Well firstly , hello everybody , I've decided to make another forum my often visited place, so I'm here .

And about the wishlist.

Well , so far , it's hard to find any weaknkesess in the 06 game , but I managed to do that .

1. Too much alley-oops . I mean , their suberb and stuff, but their too easy to do . In all-star mode , it's the easyest way to score points .
2. There should be more developed positional offense , the user should be available to make some real "tactic game" . Of course , I have to say , NBA live creators really did a great job when you compare to 2005 game , but still it could be much better.
3. It would be just about the time to puta Europe's elite tournament Euroleague into the game . That would be just suberb . Or at least the NBDL , so you could send young players to play there .
4. NO SLIDING ON THE FLOOR !!! We ask for that the 3rd year , but , even though they try (the creators) , they just can't completely fix it .
5. I'm out of ideas :D . Everything else SO FAR FOR ME looks great of at least fine . So I've got to say that they really6 worked well this year .
Gedas

Postby loadleft on Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:27 pm

It would be nice to have a slider for clock speed. I hate playing games with the speed in the 30's or minutes less than 12 just to keep shot count down. If you could just make the clock move a little faster you could limit shot count as well as keep stats for mins/gm recorded properly.
loadleft

Postby selowitch on Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:15 pm

Make sure that the Task List functions properly. Many of its features are broken. For example, Every Player Scores in the Game does not work --- you can't get the 250 points. If I'm wrong, please post a screenshot of your task list with the checkmark next to that award, and tell me how the hell you did it!
selowitch

Postby mredd22 on Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:20 am

It really would be cool if the skills chalange would be part of the all-star weekend.
mredd22

Postby stepback3 on Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:49 am

4 me, bring d default backdown move and freestyle moves for the pc... i mean make it in the default keys, not by adding bindkeys and editing stuffs just to add it... that would be a real help :D
stepback3

Postby debiler on Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:59 pm

loadleft wrote:It would be nice to have a slider for clock speed. I hate playing games with the speed in the 30's or minutes less than 12 just to keep shot count down. If you could just make the clock move a little faster you could limit shot count as well as keep stats for mins/gm recorded properly.

That was an idea I have had before, being a 12min player, too. But you do realize that the shot clock would also be running faster, right? So maybe the CPU players would take a little more time for their offense, but that feature would also pressure you to take quicker shots than you're used to.

I also would like to see a slider called "primacy exploit". Set at 0, it would have no effect at all, but at 100, it would actually "force" a player with high primacy to create a shot for himself(percentage of this event happening: primacy rating*(primacy exploit setting/100) or sth. like that). That way, a player with high primacy would actually be more likely to take shots, while guys like Yuta Tabuse would not.

The rebounding issue has to be fixed, too. But I'm quite sure that it has been mentioned before.

Bring back in-game-saves, for pete's sake!!! Every f***in' year, they just damn don't get it! Or they don't wanna... Same thing with CPU resolution and drop-down menues.

The playernames.dbf is so messed up, you will constantly get rookies named "Tafalla Akinwande" or "José Chan" or some crap like that. Please, EA, put some work into that database. Not every european country has first names like "Igor", "Juan" or "Primoz". Let the game generate names based on birthcountry, not areaID. And get rid of names like "Theophilus". Use "Theo" instead. There may be guys who are named like that, but it just doesn't work in a basketball game, cause "Theophilus Battier" is just not a proper name for an arcade NBA player, especially when you have one additional "Theophilus" in every second NBA draft, but no guys named "Williams". And for crying out loud, give them proper faces. They all look the same, it's ridiculous. Or give the player the opportunity to change the rookie faces in dynasty mode. By assigning faces of retired players to the rookies, for example. It would be a simple database command line, nothing more. It would make dynasty mode much more fun for a way longer time.

Speaking of which: Add a trading block to dynasty mode and make CPU teams offer trades more frequently. And not just for the user, but throughout the whole league. I hate to see Phoenix still starting the same 5 guys in my 5th year of dynasty mode. It's just not realistic!

You made the right start in implementing the player improvement screen into live 06, now finish the job and bring back the ratings graph from live 2000. Why has it been taken out in the first place?

I can't understand why it is so damn hard to change those things which live players have been yearning for such a long time. New additions like freestyle superstars, freestyle control, pro-hop and all that ARE nice. No doubt about that. But give us long-time fans some credit, EA! Don't we deserve one flawless game? I'm not asking for a perfect game, but just a game of which we enjoy every aspect. We would still buy the annual upcoming game, if you kept the improvements and didn't take them out of the game.

Why do I even post this? EA ain't gonna read it, anyway... *sigh* ...just keep trying every year...
Last edited by debiler on Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
debiler

Postby debiler on Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:44 pm

Oh yeah: Most of the animations need to be fixed. And by that, I don't mean: Hey EA, do some more flashy dunk and dribble animations like you do every year anyway. I talking about the jumping animation when a player catches the ball in the post. Once he comes down and recovers from his jump, he will get a 3 second call 7 of 10 times. Just let the user decide if a lob pass should be executed.

edit:
Here's more: fix the stats error that counts loose balls and blocks going out of bounds as turnovers. In my Knicks dynasty, I always end up with Marbury getting 6 to 10 turnovers a game. About 1/3 of them are real turnovers, the rest is that loose ball crap.
debiler

Postby galvatron3000 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:52 am

Rebounding is my biggest issue, fix it so positioning has a major role in you getting an offensive or defensive rebound as well as Offensive awareness and defensive awareness.

Also, shooting is ridiculously too easy with shooting superstars. (Though since it's apparently not an issue in Next Gen you can overlook this)

I want better play calling on the offensive end of the floor with more offensive and defensive schemes to integrate into my playbook and I want it saved so I can just load it when I begin, give my a save playbook option so I can store my hard labor and others will have to scout me during online play. Let's crank it up EA
galvatron3000

Postby ice0732 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:55 pm

Well, EA just keeps on trying and trying but nothing really happens.. They fix this bug, another one comes up.. They changed a lot for 06 but also left out the other good features of the past versions.. I really want to get the backdown feature back, as well as the box out.. And what the hell happened to the legends? The 90's all stars seem to lose a player each year!
"Let the hate us, as long as they fear us."
-Caligula
ice0732

Postby ice0732 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:57 pm

And one more thing, Live 04 is more user-friendly in playcalling.. Your plays are saved in your profile. In 05, the profiles were gone but the plays are still saved as long as you don't exit the game. In 06, you have to select your plays again and again and again and again and again and again.....
"Let the hate us, as long as they fear us."
-Caligula
ice0732

Postby Matt on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:06 am

^^^yeah i hate that crap.

more offensive freedom please, as in better 1-on-1 play.
Matt

Next

Return to NBA Live 07