Hardiness and primacy raitngs end up the same?

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Hardiness and primacy raitngs end up the same?

Postby kdp59 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:12 am

when I adjust player ratings in the game (mostly though the NBA Live 2006 editor) but for Primacy in the game itself, the hardiness and primacy ratings alwasy end up being the same number.

in other words if I adjust the primacy to 60, then when I pull up the player again, his haridness and primacy are both 60.

same thing in reverse.

I remember something about either the editor or the updates here ( Ithinnk) causing those two to do this. Is there a way to make it so I can adjust them seperately?
kdp59

Re: Hardiness and primacy raitngs end up the same?

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm guessing you're using the current roster update, which includes a menu workaround patch that adds access to the Primacy rating in Create/Edit Player (it's not there by default). That's a side effect of that update; it displays the same rating as Hardiness but if you go to change the Primacy rating, you'll find that immediately becomes whatever the actual rating is. Basically, it doesn't work perfectly (it's an NBA Live 2005 file being used with NBA Live 06 to access that rating in-game) but does actually save the rating correctly and as I said, it'll display properly if you go to change it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kdp59 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 pm

thanks Andrew.

when I go to the database fle I see that the Hardiness and primacy ratings are actually different.

so it's just a fault in the "in game" edit player screen that shows them being the same.

If I understand I cannot change the primacy in game and need to do it with DB commander or other program?

can I change Hardiness in game then without it affectiing the primacy rating?
kdp59

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:45 am

It's not actually a bug in the game. As I said, the unofficial workaround (using a menu file from NBA Live 2005) doesn't work perfectly.

You can change the Primacy in-game with the workaround that's in place. Just note that it won't always be displayed correctly on the Create/Edit Player screen. Once again, if you go to change the Primacy rating, the displayed rating corrects itself to whatever the real value is instead of matching the Hardiness rating, and can be changed (and saved) accordingly.

There should be no problems changing the Hardiness rating. It will not affect the Primacy rating; it only appears to, because the aforementioned workaround has that display issue.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 06