Jersey number glitch?

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Jersey number glitch?

Postby Shoot1stAskL8R on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:12 am

Just installed the latest update (thanks again Andrew!) and saw that the jersey numbers for the Bulls were still gone. Well, not "gone", just shrunk and relocated to the front shoulder area.

This numeral relocation also happens for the Boston Celts, and I think another team. It's on all their 2012 Away/Home jerseys, but not their older ones or practice attire. This was there last update, and it's still here this time. Could this just my game? If not, are there individual files for said jerseys I could DL to fix this? (It's not a bad glitch, but it can get annoying.)
If I don't reply back in a timely manner, thanks in advance.
Shoot1stAskL8R

Re: Jersey number glitch?

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:32 pm

That definitely shouldn't be happening. Are you installing the latest update on a fresh installation of NBA Live 06? It sounds like there might be some loose number updates (ie .fsh files in the sgsm) that are being loaded instead of the numbers in the .viv files included in the PC Project.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shoot1stAskL8R on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:00 am

Oh, FSH files. I have a bunch (about 300 MB worth) of those in the SGSM directory. Getting rid of them all did clear up the jersey issues, though it also took away everyone's heads. (I'm guessing some FSH files are needed, some are just leftovers.)

Hm. I could reinstall everything again. or restore the FSH files I deleted and hunt for the shirts. (There were also a bunch of *.O files too.) Oh, and you were right, I patched over an existing patch so I end up having to run the installer into a temporary directory first (e.g. C:\Temp) and copying said files over to the game directory (C:\Live06).

I kinda like the old uniforms (Bulls, Warriors, etc.), but there's no way to keep the 2006 alongside the 2012 jerseys is there? (Adding new jerseys would replace an existing set, such as the 80s era jerseys or modern-era alternatives.)
If I don't reply back in a timely manner, thanks in advance.
Shoot1stAskL8R

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:43 am

Reinstalling the rosters is probably easiest way to go, it includes all the files that it needs.

There's no quick and easy way to keep all the old jerseys that are overwritten in the current rosters.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 06