Changing the Salary of Player ... easier

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Changing the Salary of Player ... easier

Postby roichii1123 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Well ... nba-live provides us a way to change a player's salary ... but ... i figured out that it's much simple to just change it through .dbf editing ... by just adjusting the CASH_YEAR AND THE CASH_TOTAL to the YEARS_LONG and YEARS_LEFT ... we can single handedly change their salary tosave cap space ... i don't know if this will work for a long time ... so ... just BACKUP ... :D
" ... Okay , We're BORING ... But we've got RINGS !!! "

NEVER SAY DIE !!!
GOPINOY!!!
roichii1123

Re: Changing the Salary of Player ... easier

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Yes, we're very much aware that we can do that, so thanks but you're not stumbling upon anything new here. ;)

Furthermore, editing the salary cap allows us to have real salaries and an updated salary cap figure. If that's what someone wants to do, then the method you described does not suffice. That's why we have a tutorial for editing the salary cap itself (which is more complex) and not changing player salaries (which is simpler and somewhat outlined in the DBF Editing Guides).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shoot1stAskL8R on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

Actually, while we're on the topic of DB editing ... is there anything risk about editing the salary cap for the league? I've doubled it, but at the end of the year... well... this shows up.

Apparently Bosh is a REAL team player.
Shades of Miami.. except he's still in Toronto.

I pretty much traded rosters just to get Bosh on my team, and indeed he is worth "0". Not even "0 M" -- just "0" and only "0" for the next six years.
If I don't reply back in a timely manner, thanks in advance.
Shoot1stAskL8R

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:19 am

No, that's a bug that can occur with or without editing the salary cap.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shoot1stAskL8R on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:21 am

Wow. That was fast.
Thanks again Andrew. Any idea why it shows up? (And any way a player can get it to work in their favor? Image -- aside from editing the DB file.)
Shoot1stAskL8R

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:23 am

It's just a bug in Dynasty Mode that can happen right out of the box with no patches installed. Just a programming error.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Shoot1stAskL8R on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Hmm.
So the coincidence that the first time I encountered the bug, it happened to Toronto (Bosh), the second time it happened to the Cavs (LeBron), and the third time I've tried restarting the season, the bug moved onto Miami (Wade... and Jermaine O'Neil) Image

(It is probably coincidence, I'm sure I'd see Ray Allen or someone get the same 0 millions if I did it a fourth time, but going by the first three players that I saw hit by the glitch... Heh.)

Actually, speaking of which, is there a way to shuffle rosters around in Dynasty mode? I tried changing teams/default teams in PLAYERS.DBF, but I caused a boat-load of glitches including ones that prevented the game from continuing. (One of the many indicators I screwed up was that some teams suddenly had multiple "IR2" or slot "8" players if you checked out their rosters.)
Shoot1stAskL8R

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 pm

There's this guide to making trades through DBF editing:
http://www.nba-live.com/nbalivewiki/ind ... BF_Editing

Basically you have to be really careful with the ROSTERPOS values and make sure there aren't any duplicates for players on the same team, stuff like that.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 06