Send it here: fordxr8@gmail.com

Thanks for the update! (Y)
carmelo15

Postby And 1 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:56 pm

Yo mate, pls send it here: mihaelbendis@net.hr

Big thanks!
And 1

Postby eNgIeS on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:59 pm

sorry guys i was away...finally saw it & ive sent to those ppl...can someone be kind enuff to serve it or upload it for ohters to download?
eNgIeS

Postby BoStE on Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:32 pm

you can upload it to rapidshare.de or megaupload.com
anyway, thanks for the file, now i'll test it (Y)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BoStE

Postby eNgIeS on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:47 pm

Let me know of any problems...im not a programmer but it was fairly simple changing this dbf file

They're based off Playmakers new play charts (i gave Dallas the first playbook rather than the 2nd one he had listed)

http://rapidshare.de/files/8278194/playmap.dbf.html
eNgIeS

Postby horry5 on Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:35 am

after the playmap.dbf is updatet (by the way - thx again) I'm not really sure 'bout that teams.dbf thing. Is it necessary to adjust some other things in there ??

Question because of the first vesion by Dr13 who also did some editing on players.dbf and teams.dbf....
horry5

Postby Peja_4_3 on Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:54 am

you know what...just print out dre13's offensive plays with the numbers and team numbers...also playmakers playbook selections. then open the file from your currentdb folder and edit it directly through EXCEL..i just do it myself and i could even set by default my preffered offensive plays for the teams i play. same thing with the teams.dbf (needed to set team strategy plays) and players.dbf (for lowering offensive rebounding ratings). it's gonna take some little time but it's worth it.

now if someone can help me or direct me how to edit the defensive playbooks that would be awesome!
Peja_4_3

Postby horry5 on Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:13 am

okay I was just wondering why my games end up in a high score battle around 120 points per game. After changing the teams.dbf I got rid of that problem. Is there any difference in changing teams.dbf in the season data and in the currentdb database ????

I'm really fine with my gameplay so far. Exept one thing (I guess I'm not the only one) and that's offensive rebounding. CPU still manages to achieve 20+ OREB per game even after I set down offensive rebounding ratings for every player to 0 they still grab them like crazy. Is there a better way to edit players.dbf in order to decrease OFFREB??? or maybe there's a certain defense strategy which will make players box out better to get more DEFREB ???

Thanks for any kind of help...
horry5

Postby AlleyOoopedOn on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:40 pm

hey guys! new to this thread...I'm impressed with the progress that's been made. I've got a quick comment and question about all of this.

My buddies and play season mode and I've got defenses that I like running, and it sucks that I've got to go in each game and change those defenses on the fly, because they always default back to the originals.

I'm poking around with DB Commander and looking at the Teams.DBF file, and do you notice that all of the teams have the same numbers assigned as follows:

DEF_DPD_L 1057 DEF_DPD_U 1016 DEF_DPD_R 1028 DEF_DPD_D 1034

what are the odds that these are the default settings that the game loads up each time that sticks your team with the same 4 base defenses that the D pad gives you?

Has anyone messed with these numbers at all and seen any changes? If I can just get my team to keep the same defenses I run on my D-Pad without having to go in and adjust strategy each game I'd be a happy camper.

Thanks for all the work, and if I'm totally off base I apologize. :D

**Edit - I went in and changed each of these columns to the same number that is in the DEF_DPD_U column (being 1016) and the defensive playbook hasn't changed, still the same 4 choices with up being FC man to man, down being half court man to man, right being double team and left being half court trap. No dice here!
AlleyOoopedOn

Postby JLK82 on Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:02 pm

please send the playmap.dbf file here, i will gladly host it through my ftp on my machine, all I ask is for people not to hammer :)

my email is jkantrowitz82@gmail.com
JLK82

Postby wargreymon54321 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:24 am

where do u put the playmap.dbf?
wargreymon54321

Postby bigh0rt on Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:30 am

In your My Documents/NBA LIVE 06/saves/roster folder, I do believe.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby oks on Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:06 am

I had some luck with the files. The defense seems to be set in defplays.dbf. Try it: enter some obvious play for all the slots of one team, and play against them (choose a play id from the plays.dbf, use one from the end of the list like 2-3 Zone, which is number 1020). The cpu ends up calling only that one play.

Now if anyone can figure out what those variables like DEF_PLAY, HC_BCIB, etc., in defplays.dbf stand for, we can start assigning plays to a particular situation. I didn't manage to force the cpu to intentionally foul which would have helped.

By the way, changing the defensive quickplays manually (in-game) didn't really work for me - they were still mainly playing man-to-man (the cpu does call the offensive quickplays, though, so that's fine). Are you guys sure that the cpu uses the defensive quickplays at all?
oks

Postby oks on Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:10 pm

DEF_PLAY = main

HC_BCIB = halfcourt backcourt inbound
HC_FCIB = halfcourt frontcourt inbound
HC_UBIB = halfcourt underbasket inbound

HC_PERIM = ?

HC_TO = halfcourt timeout
HC_SO = ?

FC_FTIB = fullcourt freethrow inbound
FC_TOIB = fullcourt timeout inbound
FC_MBIB = fullcourt madebasket inbound

Also, some of the plays are not listed in plays.dbf. For example, the 1025 and 1027 which I found in DEF_6 and DEF_4 of playmap.dbf are sort of full court press plays or something like that.
oks

Postby Peja_4_3 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:18 am

hey oks! so were you able to change the default defensive playbooks from the defplays.dbf? great work.

please let me know of any progress you've made. i want to use the defensive playbooks to be set automatically when it loads so i don't have to go in manually inside the game and set each plays i use for defense.

hope you figure it out. was playing with those dbf's for some time but never had enough time to figure it all out. would never have made progress without 'playmakers' and 'dre13's work though.

thanks!
Peja_4_3

Postby oks on Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:39 am

i want to use the defensive playbooks to be set automatically when it loads so i don't have to go in manually inside the game and set each plays i use for defense.

Just to make sure: all that can be done in defplays.dbf is to change the defensive ai behaviour (which in its default setting is mainly man defense). So after the cpu scores it will choose a particular defense, if there's a timeout, it will choose another defense, etc.

Nothing of it will show up in the defensive playbooks in-game - it only helps making sure that you don't see man-to-man defense all the time. In fact, with HC_PERIM and HC_POST one might even let the defense react to the strengths of the offense - but haven't tried that yet. They should have something like this already hard-coded anyway, like double d on a player who scores continuously - but I've never seen them fall into a zone for example if I keep scoring from inside the paint or something like that.
oks

Postby majorglory on Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:38 pm

I tried putting it in my saves folder but it didnt change the playbook its still the same. Where exactly do I put the file?
majorglory

Postby roelchik on Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:22 pm

playmap.dbf goes into the currentdb folder
roelchik

Postby Peja_4_3 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:00 am

Just to make sure: all that can be done in defplays.dbf is to change the defensive ai behaviour (which in its default setting is mainly man defense). So after the cpu scores it will choose a particular defense, if there's a timeout, it will choose another defense, etc.

Nothing of it will show up in the defensive playbooks in-game - it only helps making sure that you don't see man-to-man defense all the time. In fact, with HC_PERIM and HC_POST one might even let the defense react to the strengths of the offense - but haven't tried that yet. They should have something like this already hard-coded anyway, like double d on a player who scores continuously - but I've never seen them fall into a zone for example if I keep scoring from inside the paint or something like that.

ohh ok. i thought it was the same thing with the offensive set plays we set in the playmaps.dbf, where the user/cpu can use the plays you assign them changing the default.

yeah, i noticed it too. now the cpu will call a zone, trap and even full court press when i play against them.

wish there's a way we can change and save the defensive playbooks. it sucks in 06 where they left out the "profiles" thing. last time, i know in live 04, the game had that where you can create your own profile, save offensive and defensive plays, keyboard and gamepad configurations. just wondering they did away with such a great feature.
Peja_4_3

Postby sugarfree666 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:05 pm

can anybody make a tutorial for this or an accurate offensive and defensive plays that can be downloaded is much better... :P
sugarfree666

Postby Uptempo on Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:01 pm

Peja_4_3 wrote:

ohh ok. i thought it was the same thing with the offensive set plays we set in the playmaps.dbf, where the user/cpu can use the plays you assign them changing the default.

yeah, i noticed it too. now the cpu will call a zone, trap and even full court press when i play against them.

wish there's a way we can change and save the defensive playbooks. it sucks in 06 where they left out the "profiles" thing. last time, i know in live 04, the game had that where you can create your own profile, save offensive and defensive plays, keyboard and gamepad configurations. just wondering they did away with such a great feature.

I've seen so many different looks in my dynasty by the CPU defenses. Playmakers somehow brought out extra realism on the defensive end with these playbooks. Milwaukee used zones vs me in one game and the next night I saw Utah use what appeared to be a 1-2-2 FCP or Trap defense. I was shocked because I've never before seen teams rotate their defensive approach in any previous Live's.
Uptempo

Postby MaXIuM on Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:19 am

who can post the opmain and dpmain that the team are using in the playmap.dbf?
cuz it concerns abt the team def and off plays at the default.
if someone had updated them can pls send it to my email or put a link to dl it ?
thx

my email is bballplayer_jerser8@hotmail,com
(i put a , instead of. cuz if i put the full one u will be unable to see the _) :)
but u must put a . inorder to send me haha...
MaXIuM

Postby flipz on Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:28 am

I've seen so many different looks in my dynasty by the CPU defenses. Playmakers somehow brought out extra realism on the defensive end with these playbooks. Milwaukee used zones vs me in one game and the next night I saw Utah use what appeared to be a 1-2-2 FCP or Trap defense. I was shocked because I've never before seen teams rotate their defensive approach in any previous Live's.
4 real, its the little things such as setting team specific plays dat EA is lazy at, dat gives the casual nba'er the lack of sim play in live.......live06 is by far the deepest simulation nba game dis year, too bad EA expected the user to make all the tweaks and change team plays every single play, which leads to the realism...it takes my 3minutes to change everything after tip-off each game :roll:
flipz

Postby Leeds on Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:29 am

Can anyone advise of what the plays are as relates to NBA Live 2004 - I play this on my laptop...........

Just looking for the available plays with their numbers.

Thanks
Leeds

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 06