NBA Live 06 Sliders Discussion

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Postby Uptempo on Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:16 pm

Playmakers wrote:I wouldn't touch the 3-Pt slider because not all teams will shoot the same based on personel. Also, I posted a play chart for all teams and described how most plays work so you should take a look at that thread it might help you to reduce the amount of 3-Pt shot's taken because the thread talks about who the primary options are on the play and gives you a better idea of where the shot should come from.

But overall the sliders were built around my Team Specific Playbooks which has some CPU teams attacking the rim and some shooting more outside shot's. Also the DEFAULT Playbooks won't give you the change up defenses my Playbooks allow the CPU to run during a course of the game. So, you'll see some teams Zone, Press and Trap on occasions if you setup the Playbooks.

Playmakers if you don't mind I'd like to post these playbooks and your sliders over at another forum. There are guy's who have been looking for good sliders since the game was released. I use to play with Pareds from OS but he didn't post any this year and your sliders are rock solid.

Thanx for all the work you put into this game. (Y)
Uptempo

REAL SLIDERS!!!

Postby bombexbol on Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:42 am

Almost everybody talks about real sliders. However, you guys play less than 12 minutes. That's not real at all!!!! :?: :?: :?:
bombexbol

Postby jaywill on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:38 pm

yep
jaywill

Postby J@3 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:41 pm

You're the worst poster in history.
J@3

Re: REAL SLIDERS!!!

Postby ijbl on Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:17 pm

bombexbol wrote:Almost everybody talks about real sliders. However, you guys play less than 12 minutes. That's not real at all!!!! :?: :?: :?:

I don't claim that mine are 'real'. Mine try and give good game play, whilst also producing stats as accurate as possible. :wink:
ijbl

Postby redmann_5 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:27 am

Just need some confirmation. Exactly what does ON BALL DEFENSE ASSIST affect? The amount of hustle your cpu team mates put forth or the switching of cpu team mates to cover open players? Oh and one more thing.. in the easports boards, one poster said that every setting for the cpu should be 5 less than that of the player. Example USER Short range shot = 45 while CPU Short range shot = 40. Is his claim actually accurate?
I play 12 mins a quarter but I really haven't found the most realistic shot percentage values so your answers will really help me. Thanks!
Dallas Mavericks 4 ever baby!!!!!
redmann_5

Postby jesusfrancosiles on Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:09 am

I have finally decided to edit the dbf files in order to reduce the off. rebound ability. I have only one question about it. I have played a game and the problem was solved but when i simulate games, and in the rest of the games of a Dynasty Mode, will the players make less of. rebounds too??
www.timesymmetry.tk ; the best prog metal from Spain!!
jesusfrancosiles

Postby aylmer1981 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:38 am

all these posted sliders are pretty good
but i like Andrew's Sliders because of the time he put into it and it feels pure official
aylmer1981

Postby E5 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:31 am

I'm sorry for the obvious question but why cpu and user sliders are not equal by default?
E5

Postby silva on Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:40 am

Hello all! Nice site and foruns.

Im a nba live old fan that gave up after '03 arcadish style, but now with '06 im in home again.

So after all those slides, I felt Playmakers is more my style, but I just have a doubt:

Playmakers wrote:

These Sliders were updated as of 10/16/05

Level: All-Star/Press Box View -2 clicks from DEFAULT Camera/Shot Control Optional

Assign High Pressure Defense to all PF's and C's for both CPU and Human players. Sliders should be utilized with my TEAM PLAYBOOKS as well. ...

So WHERE are Playmakers Team Playbooks? And can I set all Nba teams Playbooks from somewhere other than inside the game? I mean, can I configure all the teams playbooks?

Thx!
silva

Postby D_up on Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:08 am

volsey wrote:ok well i want some good sliders and i dont have the time to test out each slider on this thread, usualy i can jus figure it out myself, but for some reason i cant get them just rite this year...... i want realistic sliders so that players will play the same as they do in real life ex) lebron averaged 27 ppg 7 boards and 7 asists last year... i want him to average around those stats when i play a game... i also want a challenging game that wont be decided till the 4th quarter...

If you want to play in a close game just simulate up to the fourth quarter, and set the quarter lengths to whatever you want.

I played three fourth quarters yesterday with 2-4 minute quarter lengths and they were all pretty close (and intense) games... Clock management and intentionally fouling players actually comes into play when you do this :roll:
D_up

Postby E5 on Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:06 am

I don't get you guys - if the user and cpu sliders are not equal than that's cheating :|
E5

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:01 am

Because the CPU isn't exactly equal to an actual person's skill level in NBA Live. That's why the sliders are there to level the playing field and make it more realistic for the gamers' preference.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby silva on Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:20 pm

1) How do I set the CPU Playbooks...

2) How do I config the teams Playbooks... ( Do I have to set it each time I play a new game... hope not)

Thx!
silva

Postby Uptempo on Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:53 am

silva wrote:1) How do I set the CPU Playbooks...

2) How do I config the teams Playbooks... ( Do I have to set it each time I play a new game... hope not)

Thx!

There's a seperate thread Titled Playmakers Playbook it has all the Plays listed.
Uptempo

Postby ijbl on Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:32 am

jesusfrancosiles wrote:I have finally decided to edit the dbf files in order to reduce the off. rebound ability. I have only one question about it. I have played a game and the problem was solved but when i simulate games, and in the rest of the games of a Dynasty Mode, will the players make less of. rebounds too??

Stat wise, the players will average less offesnive rebounds in simulated games. Also, in a franchise, you will have to constantly edit the dbf files, as the computer teams will do a lot of training to get their players good at offensive rebounds.
ijbl

Postby ijbl on Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:40 am

pj5 wrote:Just need some confirmation. Exactly what does ON BALL DEFENSE ASSIST affect? The amount of hustle your cpu team mates put forth or the switching of cpu team mates to cover open players?

As I understand, its the level of help you get from the computer when gaurding the guy with the ball. A rating of around 50-60, 65 max works for me, depending on your level of play. I think my most recent slider set has it at 60.

Oh and one more thing.. in the easports boards, one poster said that every setting for the cpu should be 5 less than that of the player. Example USER Short range shot = 45 while CPU Short range shot = 40. Is his claim actually accurate?

That is wrong, as far as I can see. Check out the sliders in this thread, they don't adhere to such a rule.

I play 12 mins a quarter but I really haven't found the most realistic shot percentage values so your answers will really help me. Thanks!

I'm still looking mate. My sliders are too fast for 12mins a quarter play, some of the others here may well work.
ijbl

Postby wargreymon54321 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:19 am

can u guys post 2+ games u played with each setting, so i can decide on them without trying them 1 by 1? thanks
wargreymon54321

Postby Jumpman2315 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:49 am

I've been getting a problem with the CPU not subbing the starters on its team back in towards the end of close games. I've tried the sliders in this thread and have set the CPU Substitution Frequency from 44 all the way to 70 but this problem still occurs for me. Shouldn't setting the CPU Sub Frequency higher cause more substitutions and thus have the CPU sub in starters towards the end of games?
Jumpman2315

Postby ijbl on Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:30 am

Jumpman2315 wrote:I've been getting a problem with the CPU not subbing the starters on its team back in towards the end of close games. I've tried the sliders in this thread and have set the CPU Substitution Frequency from 44 all the way to 70 but this problem still occurs for me. Shouldn't setting the CPU Sub Frequency higher cause more substitutions and thus have the CPU sub in starters towards the end of games?

Can't help you with that I'm affraid, its usually OK for me.
ijbl

Postby wargreymon54321 on Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:39 am

Jumpman2315 wrote:I've been getting a problem with the CPU not subbing the starters on its team back in towards the end of close games. I've tried the sliders in this thread and have set the CPU Substitution Frequency from 44 all the way to 70 but this problem still occurs for me. Shouldn't setting the CPU Sub Frequency higher cause more substitutions and thus have the CPU sub in starters towards the end of games?
\

that's when u sub for them >.> unbiased ^_^
wargreymon54321

Postby Jumpman2315 on Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:09 pm

wargreymon54321 wrote:
\

heh yea, thats what I've been doing. Oh well.
Jumpman2315

Postby td3ph on Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:39 am

Jumpman2315 wrote:
wargreymon54321 wrote:
\

iis there any other way to go around this rather than doing the substitutions manually?
PROUD TO BE PINOY!!!
td3ph

Postby ijbl on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:29 am

I use sub out 70, and it works OK for me
ijbl

Postby brad feet on Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:47 am

td3ph wrote:
Jumpman2315 wrote:
wargreymon54321 wrote:
\

iis there any other way to go around this rather than doing the substitutions manually?

70 is just fine, plus set the fatigue effect at 55 because bench guys seems to get tired faster than starters. hope that helps.......

to ijbl, the fatigue effect at 55 is another modification in my sliders(final version), it seems to counter the fast paced game speed at 55. you have to play with your bench and therefore not allowing your star players to score a lot and have a high fg %....... updates soon.....
brad feet

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 06