NBA Live 06 Sliders Discussion

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

NBA Live 06 Sliders Discussion

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:43 am

Just wanna ask for people to submit their sliders settings... I'm still testing mine but I will release them in a few days.

Just some questions:

- What should I adjust to minimise the ammouhnt of times the cpu burns you...
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:28 pm

Might as well make this the official sticky for this year. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matt on Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:00 pm

i was just about to make a thread like this....

I'm setting my ratings now too. So far I've settled on...

Game Speed 38
OR 0
DR 100
Fatigue 40
IS 34
Mid rang 36
Long range 39

as far as not getting burnt, well you just have to play better D. You'll get used to it in a while
Matt

Postby kingsfanman on Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:15 pm

I usually have my game speed to about 50, and fatigue to about 45-50.
Rock on Peja. :D
kingsfanman

Postby brad feet on Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:51 pm

ok since we already have an official slider thread, i want to help. here is my preliminary sliders...... still under study though but for me it's close to realism....

notes:
1. for a newbie, you might not like it.
2. for a veteran in nbalive, you might like it, you might not...... but hey i'm just helping.... :lol:

enjoy people............

kobelive2006 sliders
revised(23Sep05)-revisions are marked yellow
revised(23Sep05)-revisions are marked red
revised(24Sep05)-revisions are marked cyan

level: Superstar
qtr length: 11min

Last edited by brad feet on Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
brad feet

Postby brad feet on Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:53 pm

hey peeps, just played an exhibition game between lakers and heat using my sliders and these are the things i've noticed:

1. the cpu is too dumb to foul a 3 pointer when the shot clock is winding down...... so i'm going to decrease the shooting foul to 20 or maybe 15.

2. superstars like kobe, tmac, dwade, carter, etc.... are really great in this game specially if you are controlling them and your offense runs through them(meaning you like to give them the ball always).... kobe had 40pts in the first half with me leading 58-50, so i turned the game off..... with that said, i'm going to decrease the shooting sliders but not much on the cpu side....... here goes:
Shooting Sliders (User/CPU)
Short Range (40/40)
Medium Range (35/40)
Long Range (35/40)

any suggestions or comments appreciated.......... will post results later or tom......
brad feet

Postby Rokas[LTU] on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:21 am

Maybe anyone is playing on All-star and 7 min quarters ? This is how i'm planing to play..:D

The will to death is what keeps me alive...
Rokas[LTU]

Postby Matt on Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:31 am

I find that my shooting sliders give a realistic FG%. I mean, Rasheed still knocks down short jumpers, and Hamilton still shoots the mid range like crazy. My 3pnt% sucks though...it's about 20% atm since my only REAL 3 pnt shooter (Billups) was out for 3 weeks, but i do knock down a lot of open shots.
Matt

Postby SHAFT23 on Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:55 am

okay after 2 years i still don't know what Boundary force Field is for.....does anyone know this? I turned it up ll the way once and then all the way down. i played 2 games and didn't see much difference. I thogut it was for contact between players or with the out of bounds line or somethign. but i couldn't figure it out myself.
SHAFT23

Postby Impose on Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:05 pm

SHAFT23 wrote:okay after 2 years i still don't know what Boundary force Field is for.....does anyone know this? I turned it up ll the way once and then all the way down. i played 2 games and didn't see much difference. I thogut it was for contact between players or with the out of bounds line or somethign. but i couldn't figure it out myself.

I think its supposed to slow your momentum when you get near the boundary....

Its not supposed to have a huge affect really, just means you step out of bounds once or twice less per game...
Impose

Postby brad feet on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:20 pm

I find that my shooting sliders give a realistic FG%. I mean, Rasheed still knocks down short jumpers, and Hamilton still shoots the mid range like crazy. My 3pnt% sucks though...it's about 20% atm since my only REAL 3 pnt shooter (Billups) was out for 3 weeks, but i do knock down a lot of open shots.

hey matt, i guess you're right regarding the short range shooting....... 40 is still too high..... im going to make it a 35 so that all the user shooting sliders will be fixed at 35, it'll be the same for the cpu though at 40 so that it'll be challenging.... it's up to your defense to lower their fg%....... edit the sliders in a moment......
brad feet

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:13 pm

I won't be posting any slider suggestions until I get more of a feel for the game. Some might disagree, but compared to NBA Live 2005 it doesn't really need as much tweaking out of the box so I'd like to make sure I adjust the right areas.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SHAFT23 on Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:44 pm

i guess the sliders vary for most people. of course the main flaws in the game should be changed, but if a players skill level is higher, he should turn the sliders down a bit for the user. I know that in the beginning i lost to the superstar mode a lot more and had to turn them down a bit for the cpu. After a month orso i won almost every game by 30 on superstar level and ha dot change them again or just mess up my dynasty team for it to be challenging.

thanks for the explanation of the boundary force field, by the way. (Y)
SHAFT23

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:49 pm

That's the other advantage of sliders aside from realism or making the game completely arcade-like; adding more of a challenge by stacking the odds against the user.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby junwin on Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:39 pm

yeh 3P shooting should probably go down a lil bit, especiazlly if u have a 'Shooter' superstar on your team. The Set shot was supposed to be easily blocked, making it only suitable in wide open situations

but i still find myself hitting set shot 3's with defenders in my face
junwin

Postby Laxation on Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:09 am

i play 6min superstar quarters, and changed my sliders like this:
Offensive rebounds - down to 15
Defensive rebound - up to 90
Steals - down to 25 or so
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby brad feet on Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:28 pm

ok..... finally got the feel for the game........ thanks to the input of Matt and Laxation..... now the rebounds are not that crazy anymore...... i set the offensive rebounds to 0 and the defensive to 80...... even at 0, you could still grab some offensive boards.......

i also change the cpu adjusted shot frequency to 45 and the cpu adjusted shot percentage to 45 so that the cpu will not always adjust their shot frequently and would not always make them..... coz it's quite annoying.....

i also made the shooting sliders equal for both user and cpu coz they're still pretty incredible set at 40...... i set them like this:
short range(35-user/35-cpu)
medium range(36/36)
long range(37/37)

i also increase the on-ball defense assist to 50 and the on-ball physical defense to 80 for both user and cpu coz it's easy to lose a defender by doing freestyle moves.... and the scores would be pretty high if you play on 11min qtrs because i really dont want to decrease the game speed..... first i set it to 60 but i reduced the game speed a bit to 55.

i think these are the main components you need to adjust to make the game more realistic and fun of course......i re-attached the images for the slider settings on my first post....... and i think that's about it...... i'm pretty satisfied....... to me it's close to realism, thanks for the input guys..... and thanks to sit for starting this thread..... and to andrew for making it a sticky....... hope this helps......
brad feet

Postby tuanskoko on Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:29 am

I didnt use any slideers they are set default, and i play 10 min superstar with auto sub etc, still manage to get the game around 100 pts
GO SPURS GO
tuanskoko

Postby Laxation on Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:11 am

Dont you get heaps of offensive boards??
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby Impose on Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:21 pm

Laxation wrote:Dont you get heaps of offensive boards??

Lax dood, you're using Detroit, they have rediculous rebounders period, and you probably have the technique down pretty well. I find rebound totals have been pretty even for me using the Hornets, but i still agree a 25/75 split in favoure of defensive rebounding (or something around that region) should be fair for most people....
Click the pic to check out my New Orleans Live 06 Dynasty!
Impose

Postby Laxation on Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:51 pm

Impose wrote:

Lax dood, you're using Detroit, they have rediculous rebounders period, and you probably have the technique down pretty well. I find rebound totals have been pretty even for me using the Hornets, but i still agree a 25/75 split in favoure of defensive rebounding (or something around that region) should be fair for most people....

i know they have good rebounders, but like i said before. ben wallace have something like 60 off boards, is not in top 20 for defensive but leads league in rebounds... wtfs with that?
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby Goldenstatewarrior on Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:51 am

Impose wrote:
Lax dood, you're using Detroit, they have rediculous rebounders period, and you probably have the technique down pretty well.

True. Anyways, I have a question. Does the Freestyle Effectiveness slider affect the percentage of the superstar moves working correctly?
Goldenstatewarrior

Postby Impose on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:44 am

Laxation wrote:
Impose wrote:

i know they have good rebounders, but like i said before. ben wallace have something like 60 off boards, is not in top 20 for defensive but leads league in rebounds... wtfs with that?

After finishing off November on my Dynasty last night and playing good rebounding teams AND bad ones, I've decided the CPU definately has an unfair advantage on the board with equal sliders.

The CPU doesnt get boxed out by your own players, making offensive boards a walk in the park, on the other hand, if i come within a metre of a CPU defender after a shot goes up im instantly glued to their back even if i wasnt running towards them....

With that in mind i'd say Rebounds in Live06 are like blocks were in Live05...
Click the pic to check out my New Orleans Live 06 Dynasty!
Impose

Postby air on Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:25 pm

Hasn't anyone noticed that you can go inside and dunk with no effort at all? Yes, on superstar, with CPU on-ball physical defence anything from 40 to 100.

That CPU on-ball physical defence is funny, if it's OVER 40 or 50 you just bump into your opponent, creating space for an easy layup.

So I was just playing casually, dumping it inside on every play, dunking all the time with Stro Swift, on superstar. Try it, what a joke that is.

This game will need some serious adjustments. Not sure if they can be done with the sliders.
air's Celtics dynasty // signature by Habbakuk
air

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:53 pm

Click for Sliders

Note: These are for All-Star mode on 12 minute quarters

I've been experimenting these and the results can be seen in my dynasty thread... plese give feedback!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Next

Return to NBA Live 06