Summer Leagues

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Summer Leagues

Postby BklynKING on Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:34 am

To make the off-season a bit more interesting....they should put in Summer-Leagues. Summer leagues would be great because it's like try-outs....and you could really test out young players that aren't on a team and see who could play for your organization. You could also test out your draft picks. The off-season needs to be more in-depth....and this would be a great way to make it more fun and realistic. The Olymipic idea would be great.....but it's impossible to do right now.
BklynKING

Postby Mick on Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:24 am

Summer leagues would be ok, but as long as there is an option to skip over them. Personally, I'm not all that interested in them. I mean, they are good, but only as long as they don't have any impact on a dynasty season. I enjoy playing a season, but when you add on the length of the season plus any playoff games, the minimum is already 33. If you are talking about then adding summer league games, well, it can get kind of long for some users. Simulation is an option, sure, but if development points are attributed to summer league games, you always get more from playing rather than simulating and this in turn would alter player development which would then contribute to differing the dynasty.

Perhaps with the rookie scouting option, you could have more options which would then enable you to look at the rookie in a wider variety of settings and you could decide if you even wanted to draft them or not.
Mick

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:57 pm

Good idea, but it would involve a little more than adding a summer league/pre-season schedule. I'd assume you could skip or simulate the games if such a feature was added though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby 41mavs41 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:49 pm

Maybe just have try outs instead. I really liked the feature where you can use your scouted players in 1-on-1 to get a feel for how they play. However I think there should be a 5-on-5 or 3-on-3 instead so you can see how good their passing skills, post up skills are. Its annoying working out a center and all you can do is try and beat the defender off teh dribble to get to the hole. Just kinda boring.
41mavs41

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:58 pm

That's true, 1-on-1 isn't really effective for trying out centres and power forwards. A 5-on-5 scrimmage with 1-on-1 rules would be good, not only for the rookie tryouts but also general team practices.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MaD_hAND1e on Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:25 pm

Yea... 1 on 1 for Cs and PFs is useless basically... you want to try out post up moves.. but you have to first find a way to get to the paint first.. what I usually do is to put both the keyboard and controller on, and move the rookie to the paint first and then change the controls back and wait
MaD_hAND1e

Postby J@3 on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:45 pm

I'd like Summer League if the teams filled their rosters with undrafted rookies or whoever to use for those games, just like an real life. Otherwise it'd be like ESPN 2K5's pre season mode, relatively useless.
J@3

Postby Matt on Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:51 pm

working rookies out before u draft them would be great, but after u draft them it really doesnt make a diff to me. I mean i can test them during the reg season.
Matt

Postby Mikki on Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:06 am

Summer Leagues + Preseason games would be great so that we'd have time to fix our lineups. ;)
Mikki

Return to NBA Live 06