NBA LIVE 2006

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

NBA LIVE 2006

Postby vinandy22 on Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:17 pm

oh my list includes :::::
- the dynasty mode should have a create a playa in it and that pplayer should be added to the rookie draft

- the ai should be tweaked alittle so that user can perform fast breaks.

- the cutscenes should be included in the game cos that made the game look much more real

- more offensive and defensive plays should be provided and they should be saved for each team so that it does not have to be changed in every game

- more power should be given to the manager of te team so that he can like get a powerful palyer in his team or he can have influence on the team gm to make his wishes fulfill

- demandin players

- halftime report and analysis

- cheer leaders between the breaks(that are fun to watch)

- owners box so that we can make changes the stadium after 1 year like madden

- or can you put the detail level of total club manager with the game play
vinandy22

Postby Sonic98 on Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:17 am

You would think EA would have learned something after having the PC versions of many of thier games and Madden on PS2 online in past years. The online experience in Live just is not that good especially compared to Madden.

1. Turn on Fatigue in Ranked games.
2. Allow people to change playbooks.
3. Do just like Madden did(does) on PC. Have unranked games where you can change certain default online settings. I'd like to be able to set my own game speed, fatigue, and maybe 1 or 2 other settings.
4. Have NBA Live leagues you can create online that allow you to change every setting in the game for your league.
5. This might be an XBL thing, but they need some sort of re-connect protocol. I was having net problems when I first signed for XBL. My net was up but every 20 minutes it would disconnect then reconnect for like 10 seconds. Everytime I had to restart the registation process from the beginning even though the connection had been re-established. It says it wants to re-connect when it happens when I'm on NBA Live but it doesn't. I know when I used to play Madden on PC the clip on my phone line was broken and it would come out sometimes. It would pause the game for a few sec but the game would continue a few seconds after plugging the chord back in.

6. Why don't they bring back BIOs for NBA Live?

7. How bout keeping track of info for your last 3 or 4 games so you know who you played and their info incase you didn't add them to list. And you know how their last couple games and opponents were.
Sonic98

Postby Sonic98 on Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:18 am

1.Just in general they need to add team practice like they have in Madden. You should be able to put either 5 or 10 guys out there and practice running plays or just scrimmage. I don't know if they should allow you to use any 10 from the team including some people twice, but they do need team practice. They should probably also add training dummies or bots for individual so you can practice free-style and posting up.

2. Speaking of posting up, that needs to be more re-fined. The best one was the one in either the first or 2nd Live game. Players like Shaq actually bounce back into the man and actually move him like in real life. And ESPN gives you more control over the types of moves you do in post. Freestyle doesn't seem to do much good down there, though it is useful sometimes. They problem weakend the jumpstop/spin too much. But you need more control over whether a guy does a hook, turn around jumper, how much spin, or comes across the lane to take his shot. It's hard to play the same style with some players as they do in real life. But I will say it's much better than it has been as far as how men spin into or away from the Lane.

3. Make the computer controlled players on a human controlled do the same things they would do if it was completely computer controlled. If on the computer controlled team they always try to run down the man on a fast break, my men should do the same. IF they are agressive going after loose balls, my men should do the same. If someone almost always tries to step into the lane when I try to enter, my men should do the same. It's almost like they're standing around waiting for you to take control of them.
Sonic98

Postby vinandy22 on Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:14 pm

Sonic98 wrote:1.Just in general they need to add team practice like they have in Madden. You should be able to put either 5 or 10 guys out there and practice running plays or just scrimmage. I don't know if they should allow you to use any 10 from the team including some people twice, but they do need team practice. They should probably also add training dummies or bots for individual so you can practice free-style and posting up.

2. Speaking of posting up, that needs to be more re-fined. The best one was the one in either the first or 2nd Live game. Players like Shaq actually bounce back into the man and actually move him like in real life. And ESPN gives you more control over the types of moves you do in post. Freestyle doesn't seem to do much good down there, though it is useful sometimes. They problem weakend the jumpstop/spin too much. But you need more control over whether a guy does a hook, turn around jumper, how much spin, or comes across the lane to take his shot. It's hard to play the same style with some players as they do in real life. But I will say it's much better than it has been as far as how men spin into or away from the Lane.

3. Make the computer controlled players on a human controlled do the same things they would do if it was completely computer controlled. If on the computer controlled team they always try to run down the man on a fast break, my men should do the same. IF they are agressive going after loose balls, my men should do the same. If someone almost always tries to step into the lane when I try to enter, my men should do the same. It's almost like they're standing around waiting for you to take control of them.

i know that dude but ea will not hear us cause they are only publisher and not the developer. so i think we should post these to the developers. and tell them that we want thes changes in 06.
vinandy22

Postby Sonic98 on Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:34 am

Who is the developer?
Sonic98

Postby Donatello on Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:28 am

Sonic98 wrote:Who is the developer?

uh......not to argue here......but it's EA, right? EA canada.
||[b]b]||
Donatello
Dongatello

Postby vinandy22 on Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:33 pm

Donatello wrote:
Sonic98 wrote:Who is the developer?

uh......not to argue here......but it's EA, right? EA canada.

yes its the canadian branch of ea. which has different developers and ea only publishes the titles.
vinandy22

Postby tsherkin on Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:55 am

Problems and irritation with Live 2005:

I would like a fast break and to be able to blow by my man. The super-fast recovery bug is really irritating.

My abject inability to hit open 3 pointers with players possessed of a 99 rating is also maniacally irritating.

I would like the spin move in the post to actually work consistently, not at random. No, I don't want to freaking power-hop when I'm 3' from the basket. I want to SPIN. The post-up controls are awful.

Shot-blocking. For @&$%#*%'s sake, FIX THIS! I hate having every second shot I take blocked by the computer, even when it's rating is at 0.
tsherkin

Postby vinandy22 on Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:55 pm

tsherkin wrote:Problems and irritation with Live 2005:

I would like a fast break and to be able to blow by my man. The super-fast recovery bug is really irritating.

My abject inability to hit open 3 pointers with players possessed of a 99 rating is also maniacally irritating.

I would like the spin move in the post to actually work consistently, not at random. No, I don't want to freaking power-hop when I'm 3' from the basket. I want to SPIN. The post-up controls are awful.

Shot-blocking. For @&$%#*%'s sake, FIX THIS! I hate having every second shot I take blocked by the computer, even when it's rating is at 0.

also include greater dunks and more dunk packages.
also include 1 on 1 and individual training mode in the season.
also include M.J.
also create an alley oop option for keyboard.
also provide athletic ability to players like dirk nowitzki.
and more 3 pointers shootin option, cos everytime they shoot it reaches its goal but ours is a loser.
vinandy22

Postby Junkyarddog333 on Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:48 am

here's my list
=player personalities
=halftime, after the game and before the game enhanced cutscenes(ex.before the game, sky view of the stadium just like in tv programs)
=more signature moves
=individual player abilities(ex shaq's strength, he must be able to dunk and draw a foul easily instead of getting blocked
=better fast breaks
=bring back the range and clutch rating
=differrent styles of shooting the freethrow(ex. jason kidd's flying kiss or shaq's style of shooting)
=different body styles(ex. ben wallace has a thin body in 2005 i want him to have that buffed body)
=ability to hire and fire coaches
=ability to play in team practices or training camp
=players home and away accesories(we must be able to change their home and away acessories)
=3d crowds
=coaching staff sitting on the bench
=facial expressions and better player details
=mascots and danceteams
=being able to have a technical foul(ex. after fouling someone u can go to the referee and ignore the call by pressing any button)
=better mid air dunks and layups and aerial collisions(ex.only the good dunkers have the ability to dunk in front of their defenders)
=reverse layups(players who can drive and elevate through the basket should be able to do a different styles of reverse layups)
=lastly bring back mj and all the nba's 50 greatest players including charles barkely etc. and having custom teams and featuring the 80s lakers , 80s celtics and the 90s bulls.
Junkyarddog333

Postby vinandy22 on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:09 pm

yeah and also
- ea should release the patches for roster and that rosters we should be able to insert in the dynasty so that we can have the real team
- also ea should release patches for faces and jerseys and courts or an updater like madden nfl 2005
- the game must be tweaked at the offensive side a little without touching the sliders, cos with sliders we can cheat easily....
vinandy22

Return to NBA Live 06