I played a full game after 12 years

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

I played a full game after 12 years

Postby atlwarrior on Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:21 pm

This game is a gem. I played a full game as the Brooklyn Nets but lost by 2 against the Lakers. I completely updated both teams and modernized the ratings to today and took some editing methods from 2k roster makers like Real2Kinsider. The team stats came out amazing but the score was ridiculously high. I made the game challenging to the point where you might have to use defensive strategy settings to stop the other team depending on your skill level.

https://postimg.cc/DJLJKBnH

I used KD as a Shooter FSS and he dropped 44 points.

Kyrie was an Outside Scorer due to his ability to finish around the basket.

LeBron was a playmaker but still dropped 28 points. I know it’s weird but for some reason it just feels like that fits him best. Don’t get it wrong he’s very dangerous and is basically unguardable.The only issue is he didn’t attempt any 3s because I had him at PF. I know there’s an aiact to fix that but I don’t like it much because it overdoes the 3 pointers. I’d rather just deal with Bigs not shooting 3s. It is an old game.

AD was probably the most challenging. He had a solid 13 and 8. This game seems to bench Centers for long periods of time. There’s no way to fix that. That’s just how the engine works.
atlwarrior

Re: I played a full game after 12 years

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:50 am

NBA Live 06 still holds up really well, especially with some mods. Indeed, I still say it's the last great all-around release in the series. NBA Live 10 is up there, but it obviously doesn't benefit from modding since there's no PC release. It's also missing All-Star Weekend and has some bugs in its Dynasty mode, which is why I still give 06 the edge.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 06