Analytics of Live 06

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

Analytics of Live 06

Postby Shing on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 am

Since 2007 I've been using NBA Live 06 to simulate games in my online sim league, Dynasty Five.

Recently one of our members has been analysing our player statistics in conjunction with our constantly updated player ratings and has some findings that I believe will be of some interest to this board.

1. How much does an NBA Live 06 player's individual ratings correlate to their actual in-game output (link).

2. Does the 'SCORE AREA' column actually match up with NLSC's reference guide (spoiler: no it doesn't!) (link).

We also keep a constantly up-to-date database of player ratings that might be of interest to anybody wanting to start playing on NBA Live 06 nowadays.

It's been a while since I've been back to these forums but it's always great to see them still going strong!

Cheers,

Shing
Shing

Re: Analytics of Live 06

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:27 am

Just a note, the SCOREAREA guide is in the Wiki, so I'd certainly welcome new and more accurate information being added. In any event, great findings; thanks for sharing!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Shing on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:18 am

Andrew wrote:Just a note, the SCOREAREA guide is in the Wiki, so I'd certainly welcome new and more accurate information being added. In any event, great findings; thanks for sharing!

Yes! We need to digest the findings a bit before we decide exactly what's going on with SCOREAREA, but I will come back to this thread when we're finished!

Thanks Andrew!
Shing

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:06 am

That'd be great. I do feel we've got some great info in the Wiki when it comes to the databases in general, but there is stuff that's based on old findings and less in-depth research, so if we can update those resources with better info, so much the better. The Wiki is also publicly editable (that's what I meant to say before, but it was early in the morning when I posted that), so by all means, the community at large should feel free to add information to the articles.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Shing on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Following up on this investigation, unfortunately the results aren't exactly helpful to you guys.

ScoreArea is only used by NBA Live 06 when viewing or playing a game.

At Dynasty Five we only sim the games, so we weren't able to find anything meaningful I'm afraid. Sorry Andrew!

Worth a try anyway :)
Shing

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Not to worry, thanks for the info all the same! If you do discover anything else, definitely feel free to pass it along.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:14 am

Shing wrote:Following up on this investigation, unfortunately the results aren't exactly helpful to you guys.

At Dynasty Five we only sim the games, so we weren't able to find anything meaningful I'm afraid. Sorry Andrew!

Do you have rosters? :D
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Shing on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Murat wrote:
Shing wrote:Following up on this investigation, unfortunately the results aren't exactly helpful to you guys.

Do you have rosters? :D

Yes, and I think our ratings could be useful for NLSC, we have a whole committee set up to keep them constantly updated.

One bad thing though - since all I do is sim games, never play them, I never bothered setting up appearances.dbf, only players.dbf, and the game crashes if you try to play it! Although I suppose an appearances.dbf could be put together to avoid this happening, you could start from players.dbf and work backwards.

I'm happy to supply our players.dbf if you're interested.
Shing

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:16 pm

It'd take some work, but I suppose it's feasible.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:20 pm

anything is possible
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ghazny18 on Wed May 23, 2018 5:39 pm

hello everyone I'm just wondering what attributes or skill can affect the simulation games?

i wonder this jumping, speed, dunk, quickness, and strength will be a factor for game result?
ghazny18

Postby Andrew on Wed May 23, 2018 5:53 pm

I believe they're gameplay only, or certainly primarily gameplay attributes when it comes to simulated stats.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 06