New Rim Model + Texture..................

A collection of memorable (and infamous!) Forum threads. Other noteworthy threads, such as yearly NBA predictions, also get archived here.

New Rim Model + Texture..................

Postby euro41 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:10 am

If you guys think it's good I will release........or just give me pointers and I will try to improve. I did this for the Houston Rockets backboard......just to let everyone know.

euro41

Postby clydeli on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:34 pm

WOW~ This looks really good! great job!
clydeli

Postby McDwyane on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:28 pm

Nice job on it! :D
McDwyane

Postby Chino on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:54 pm

Amazing man! (Y) (Y)
Chino

Postby k-d on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:29 pm

(Y) Good job!
k-d

Postby looser on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:27 pm

Are you sure is your work!?

I've made the same work in all the backboard of my courts.... :?
looser

Postby euro41 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:22 am

well, the rim...model I just made it thinner from all sides and I included a new texture. I am trying to add rust to the rim, make it look little bit old in a way, scratches and dust....
euro41

Postby Andreas Dahl on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:33 am

The rim is far too thin. And I hope that's not any of my backboard textures from last year..
Andreas Dahl

Postby JaoSming on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:58 am

you know it is (quickly changes tpan textures from the Street mod)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby euro41 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:19 am

Who is talking about backboard textures......or anything else. Stop chaning the subject on who did what. All i am trying to do is make the rims look better....no backboard no court no fans......Am i editing, they all have be edited and perfected. I don't mean to be rude or anything.....but I am talking about the rim model and texture on it.....nothing else.....I have supreme mod 2 in my game and other great features.
euro41

Postby Andreas Dahl on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:00 am

I'm just saying that I hope that it doesn't contain my (or looser's) textures in the .fsh file when you release it. Because, in the preview, it looks like that would be the case..
Andreas Dahl

Postby AdamPerna2007 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:31 pm

and what are u gonna do to him if it DOES have ur stuff in it? have a cry huh? gonna cry to mummy Andreas, u fuckin fag with ur fuckin threats the guy is makin a rim for fucks sake, not ur shitty backboard

FUCK NBA LIVE! go get 2K7 or 8 cos they shit all over every Live game ever made!

and FUCK YOU ALL
GO MAGIC
DWIGHT HOWARD OR T-MAC 4 MVP
AdamPerna2007

Postby AdamPerna2007 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:33 pm

AND I FORGOT TO ADD Andreas, hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first!

stupid crybaby little cuntbag
GO MAGIC
DWIGHT HOWARD OR T-MAC 4 MVP
AdamPerna2007

Postby Ryan on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:58 pm

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out of here Adam. :wave:
Ryan

Postby JaoSming on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:00 pm

wtf? :lol:

it is a common courtesy on these forums to not release other people's work without their permission. If he were to release only the backboard ebo, he would need looser's permission since looser edited all of his backboards. If he doesnt get the permission and looser asks for the download to be taken down, we will oblige and take it down for looser.

It isnt that hard to contact someone to ask if they can use their patch as a base. Dahl has worked long hours on all of his work and his textures are top notch. So why should he allow someone else to use his textures that he worked so hard on, release the modified version, and take credit for Dahl's work?

and BTW AdamPerna2007, trolling, spamming, and double posting are reasons for banning on this forum.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ignorantfool on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:28 am

haha:D an automatic ban... bye bye adamPerna2007... :lol:
ignorantfool

Postby storm74 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:12 am

shakes head, you gotta be a true fool in real life, to say those kind words agaiunst these members as hard as they work, to fix ea mess, ppl like u dont last long around here, im surprised this aint locked yet but it will be, and you will have a fat boot up ya azz, on the way out, cya chump!
storm74

Postby JaoSming on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 am

this doesnt need to be locked up, what dirk41 has done is neat and useful, but problems arise when you dont think about who's other work is included.

my advise to dirk41 is to contact looser about releasing the edited bbd.ebo and not releasing any fsh files which may include dahl's or someone else's work.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby hwwztt on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:57 am

good!just plz realase
wow gold and maple story mesos r my best choice.
hwwztt

Postby euro41 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:01 am

Can this topic/thread be deleted.....i am nothing releasing the net because some feel that iam using their work.....uhmmm we are all using EA'S GAME...it's that right? I don't see EA SPORTS shooting nba-live.com because we use their product and improve on it...graphics etc...sooo

I want this topic DELETED and I won't release because some don't have a life and feel like they need to be asked permission ...booboo. Next time some one edits a file in nba live 08...I don't see them asking permission to edit. I hope this doesn't get be banned.

WE ARE A COMMUNITY, WHAT EVER WE DO DOESN'T MATTER WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET AN EMMY AWARD. WE STICK TOGETHER AND IMPROVE WHAT EA GIVES US. He did this, he didn't do this, it's my work...no no it's my work. It's funny to read these things. I though this was a community...but i guess i was wrong.
euro41

Postby looser on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:06 am

You are right...
looser

Postby JaoSming on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:21 am

most of my street courts have been blatantly ripped off within weeks of me releasing them. I spend hours working on something that is fun for me and then some n00bcake downloads it, slaps a new court on it and says he did all the work. How is that not supposed to piss me off? And no, it isnt just me, UltraNIX had the same issue before he decided to release his ball, Jimmy had many issues with people using his lighting as a base for their own, and c0nr4d with releasing his blank jersey textures and only asking in return for someone to just to credit his damn name for making the texture.

Now if patchers dont mind releasing stuff and letting other people use it without credit, they usually say so, I myself released a hi-res court logo pack with different wood textures and stuff to "help the community", and for the most part I dont give two shits if someone wants to use one of my courts for their own mod....just as long as they ask permission to use it.

I mean fuck if I wanted to I could plaster "JaoSming" all over each patch I ever made or put my name in the hex of the file so people cant 'steal' it.

But let me wrap this fun up. If you dirk41 actually created something original that no one else has done and then 2 weeks later someone else used w/e you made as a base, slapped on a new texture or something and released it under their own name, you wouldnt be annoyed by it?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby euro41 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:36 am

dude, I wouldn't be annoyed.....because we are together on this! We are all trying to make the game better.

If i take your work and add a few things and call it mine....who cares....YOU KNOW DEEP DOWN that you did most of the work....IT'S a COMMUNITY we should be encouraging each other to use other people's work and improve on it.

In grade 9 this guy called my mom a whore after i beat him 1 on 1 in b-ball, I laughed and turned around....knowing what he said was stupid because my mom is happily married with my dad and she is not a whore. Just a metaphor in the community...we should think in a positive way.....I wanted to release the net model-texture but some just brought be down......ohhhh it's my work...you need to ask permission etc... next time I create a jersey or a court texture I guess I have to email EA SPORTS and ask permission. DID YOU ASK PERMISSION WHEN YOU WERE CREATING THE STREET COURTS??? you did use EA'S FILES??? RIGHT????

Everyone wants to be a BIG SHOT!!!! I guess
euro41

Postby shanks04 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:07 am

go ahead and release man looks very nice and good!! (Y) :mrgreen:
why people do wrong
why people mistreat other folks and be so prejudice sometimes
shanks04

Postby benji on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:26 am

If you use someone else's work, just credit it. "Stolen" patches and all those other similar complaints are some of the stupidest things patchmakers do, and a reason a good number of people hate them. Tell them to credit you, if they don't, get over it, it's a modification for a video game that claims to simulate a sport.

Also, nominated.
benji

Next

Return to Hardwood Classics