3PK[Durant wall] and Scoop's[Telfair sig] Amateur PS Gallery

A collection of memorable (and infamous!) Forum threads. Other noteworthy threads, such as yearly NBA predictions, also get archived here.

Who is the better photoshopper?

Scoop
86%
3PK
14%

Total votes : 14

3PK[Durant wall] and Scoop's[Telfair sig] Amateur PS Gallery

Postby TomCat on Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:20 am

3PK and I have both just recently got photoshop and have been stuffing around by making sigs and banners. They aren't that good, and we are trying to learn. We are both going to show our progression of how we have improved.

Here is my gallery. It shows my first pic that I ever made through to my most recent one.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by TomCat on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 13 times in total.
2K10 Blazers Association | Photoshop Thread
Stan Smith "said", not wrote:Evening. Even-ing. Making things even.
TomCat
Providing quaility ____ since 1991

Postby 3PK on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Well now that scoop had shown you he's i will show mine in an order of First ever signiture made to my most latest work (not get your hopes up).

My First ever Banner Jason Maxiell which Came out terrible...

Then i made a bit of progress but Still dismal with my Nowitzki Pic...

I still was making fairly poor banners but gradually learning here is my rookies one...

Still struggling i made this NFL banner but failed...

Then all the sudden i tried other things and began to get results which looked better...

Then i tried a Payton one which turned out complately wrong but showed Progression...

BTW: i made a mistake and will fix it then Re-Post it> Sorry :D

After this my Progress became Evident but still i was yet to succed...

Then Finally after effort and perceverance i made this banner which i thought was okay for my standarss...

So what does everything think, BTW i have only had the program for one day so don't judge me harshly :D

EDIT: I forgot to post my payton one so i slipped it around the middle

Since the start i have made plenty more eperiancing with different brushes here they are...

First of all i made a simple Kobe Banner just playing around with lightning...

Then i kind of did the same thing with michael Jordan here it is...

Then i went with an Oden Banner once again just playing around..

I still hadn't made a decent Banner so i tried this Bart Simpson Banner here it is (still no good)...

I then Made this Oden Banner (still really struggling and needing to be more adventagious)...

Then i went crazy with my LeBron banner adding effects and plenty of atmosphere but it SUCKED (lol)...

Then i made a boring banner again of Tracy McGrady...

I then re-did it and tried to improve but made the little touch which made it look pretty good and possibly my best work to date...

I then found some new tools and made this different but pretty good Reggie Miller banner...

Here is one of my latest banner really no good but i am still experimenting...

Then i continued to experiment heavily with these two banners...

and this...

Then i stopped with my continuous lightning brushes and tried something different...

Finally my most recent banner Allen Iverson which i thought didn't look too bad...
Last edited by 3PK on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
3PK

Postby [Q] on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:22 pm

so who will get custody of the thread if you guys get divorced?? :lol:

you guys are repeating a lot of things that aren't aesthetically pleasing in each of your works. if you don't like one that you do, change the way you do it the next time.

try playing around with different opacities as well as using different brushes and blends. also, work on resizing images to make a better composition.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby --- on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:51 pm

Sorry but it really seems like you want people to get a headache from looking at this.
---

Postby 3PK on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:59 pm

Yeh it's terrible i know, just remember when doing this i had never seen or heard of the Program in my life and honestly we could both probably Admit in one days progress from My terrible Chargers Banner to my Ray Allen Banner is a massive success (considering time restraint and inexperiance) :D
3PK

Postby --- on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:28 pm

honestly we could both probably Admit in one days progress from My terrible Chargers Banner to my Ray Allen Banner is a massive success

Well no, not really. It takes alot longer than 1 day to have a massive change in design ability and the Allen/Chargers sigs look pretty much on the same level to me.

I have been using photoshop for for about 10 months now, and here is how I have improved:

First:

Latest:

I play round with photoshop almost everyday, yet my improvement's aren't even all that big - even over almost a year.
---

Postby Cartar on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:31 pm

Scoop, The second and third aren´t bad, I like it.
3PK, The three last ones are pretty good.
Cartar

Postby 3PK on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:37 pm

Well i have no clue about Photoshop honestly all i know how to do is cut and paste as well as using a brush and text, how do i get all these cool texts and Brushes i have no clue and i have checked tutorials but i find them useless in my Success, so i am happy for you to tell me it SUCKS because i am well aware but can you give me some constructive Criticism, what should i do?

Scoop, The second and third aren´t bad, I like it.
3PK, The three last ones are pretty good.

Thanks Ratac but check out some of the others ones because they arn't actually that good but thanks anyway lol
3PK

Postby [Q] on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:39 pm

3pk, you might want to learn English while you're at it. :lol: or at least use a spell-checking program.
the quickest hand is the NBA

look at what you don't like about the last one that you do, and don't do it anymore. it's that simple.

Shannon i like those pinstripes on the Penny one. reminds me of those sick old-school Magic jerseys (Y)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby --- on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:59 pm

Shannon i like those pinstripes on the Penny one. reminds me of those sick old-school Magic jerseys

Thanks, that's what I was going for. That mid nineties Magic away jersey was the best of all time IMO. Sweet blue color, white pinstripes and original numbers.

Well i have no clue about Photoshop honestly all i know how to do is cut and paste as well as using a brush and text, how do i get all these cool texts and Brushes i have no clue and i have checked tutorials but i find them useless in my Success, so i am happy for you to tell me it SUCKS because i am well aware but can you give me some constructive Criticism, what should i do?

The only things I ever asked was how to get brushes (www.deviantart.com, download them and place them in your Photoshop directory folder, in the presets/brushes folder), how to do scan lines (make a small 3x3 pixel canvas, add a line like this "/" and click define pattern, then select and area and fill it with the pattern) and how to add a border (make a selection around the canvas and add a stroke). You can't really take advice from everyone, develop your own style. just learn the basics and go from there.

Right now you should just keep on experimenting, trying to get things to look right. It's called composition. It's where you place everything in the right place to make it appealing to the eye. This is what you must get good at before you start getting fancy.

Bad composition:

Dirk doesn't look like he "fits" the image.

Better composition:

Max looks alot better. He fits in the image without being too small or too big.
---

Postby 3PK on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:02 pm

Well i was Bored so i thought i would make a New Banner i think most will disaprove but i put a lot of effort although i didn't quiet get the result and can anyone give me links for new Brushes, text and Backgrounds

Well anyway i will add it to my Poverty stricken Gallery lol, it's the latest one (Y)

EDIT: Shannon i tried to paste it with more composition and actually won't post it because now i know that it will suck, i will fix it up then post it later :D
3PK

Postby jusay_mitch29 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:06 pm

your works are nice they are clean and simple keep it up
search light on the word "mavs" :P
|.:my 2x jersey's.:.CLICK ME:.|join elbeen's forum
jusay_mitch29

Location: 2917 sampaguita 1st, punta sta. ana. manila. philippines

Postby TomCat on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:29 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. Very constructive.

Shannon, I agree with you that we should just keep experimenting. I am sure that we ( or atleast me :lol: ) will improve.

More pics up later, maybe
TomCat

Postby TomCat on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:07 pm

Okay I made 2 new ones. I experimented with the scratch brushes that I recently downloaded. I was really pleased with the result of these ones. What do you guys think?

My 1st try with scratch brushes, was Ladainian.

Then my next one (and favourite from all so far) is Aaron Brooks from Oregon.
TomCat

Postby 3PK on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:11 pm

Well i thought i would try some Lightning Brushes and use some famous players, they're simple but Different to my previous Banners/Sigs and here they are.

My first was was Kobe Bryant and it didn't look to bad

And here is my MJ banner very much the same but i thought i would do two for extra practice and here it is
3PK

Postby --- on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:33 pm

Two things for both of you.

Text - Scoop, your font choices are alot times better than before, just try play round with colors and how to set the text up. 3PK, all of your work has used the same font, which happens to be a very bad font to use. Download some new ones and play around with them. Color choices need alot of work, if you have a contrasting purple and yellow background, you should probably never place teal text over the top. It just doesn't work at all. That leads me on to the next thing...

Color - Contrast is good, but no when it's a yellow background with purple lightning over the top, or yellow text over teal background. Try some not so hard on the eyes colors next time. Remember, you don't always have to have the "team colors" in the background. Think outside the box.
---

Postby TomCat on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:04 pm

Thanks for the comments Shannon. Yeah I thought that my LT one was a bit bright, but the Brooks one I thought was good.

Shannon wrote:Remember, you don't always have to have the "team colors" in the background. Think outside the box.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

And also, just from my experiences so far I think that having a border makes pics look much better
TomCat

Postby TomCat on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:12 pm

Okay I have made a new one of Durant. I have 2 versions of it.

1st one

2nd one

Personally, I think the 2nd one (without question marks) is better. It looks more clean :wink:
TomCat

Postby 3PK on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:42 pm

Nice work scoop i have been playing around a bit and made these, btw add all these to our first post, the gallery (Y)

First of all i tried a Bart Simpson one but wasn't creative and just was playing around with something other then Sport,here is how it came out...

Here is my Oden one although i am making another one because this one was terrible and came out completely off my plan....
3PK

Postby TomCat on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:47 pm

Put borders on them. The Oden one is shithouse, sorry but that is just how I feel.

The Simpsons one is ok. Color co-ordination is good IMO.

If the pic doesn't come out the way you wanted it, then change it before you save it until you like how it is. Don't just make one, save it and put it up here and then go "Oh damn it, this looks shit". Make it as good as possible before you save the final product.
TomCat

Postby 3PK on Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:19 pm

Put borders on them. The Oden one is shithouse, sorry but that is just how I feel.

The Simpsons one is ok. Color co-ordination is good IMO.

If the pic doesn't come out the way you wanted it, then change it before you save it until you like how it is. Don't just make one, save it and put it up here and then go "Oh damn it, this looks shit". Make it as good as possible before you save the final product.

True but the problem is i no shannon explained borders i just don't understand though and also i will do that from now on sorry for making our thing shizzit lol (Y)

EDIT: i actually withdraw some of that statement because i am re-making a Oden Banner as i write lol, although now i am trying a bit of the Blazers, Background looks good thats all i've done so far :D
3PK

Postby deihatein on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:58 pm

All i can say is 3PK, still need learning right there, and hoep you find great pics for your sig next time (Y)
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby TomCat on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:24 am

This is just a quick one of Daniel Gibson that I made last night while I was stuffing around. Definately not my best work, bit plain. But it is still not too bad though....

TomCat

Postby RapsPlayoffs on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:32 am

its actually pretty good, but try making the text standout more and also the smaller gibson on the left make it look more like part of the background by lowering the opacity of the layer or something or just blend it with the background
nice try though.
btw good work on the durant sig, i prefer the one with no question marks.
?!
RapsPlayoffs

Postby TomCat on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:31 pm

RapsPlayoffs, Hey thanks man. Always accepting helpful comments.

I just made my 1st ever attempt at a wallpaper. It is very plain because I wanted to keep it simple for my 1st try.

^^ Click for 1024 x 768 view ^^

Thoughts?
TomCat

Next

Return to Hardwood Classics