Australian Open 2007

A collection of memorable (and infamous!) Forum threads. Other noteworthy threads, such as yearly NBA predictions, also get archived here.

Postby cyanide on Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:34 am

Forum Rules wrote:Flaming should not be confused with intense discussion. In-depth discussions are to be expected, especially in the general forums, but flaming is not to be encouraged.

Flaming may be defined as "making insulting criticisms or remarks, as on a computer network, to incite anger". Put simply, flaming involves making personal attacks and directing insults towards other forum members. Such behaviour is unproductive and disruptive to discussion. Flaming will not be tolerated in the NLSC Forum, and will be dealt with by the moderators.

Members who make a habit of flaming and causing trouble may be subject to harsher penalties, such as suspension or banning. These measures will only be used in extreme circumstances and when a member is frequently causing trouble while making little or no positive contribution to discussions or the atmosphere of the forum. Please note that we take the liberty to permanently terminate a member's account if they are disturbing the overall atmosphere of the Forum.

The main aim of these rules is to ensure that everyone may post here without feeling harrassed, so that everyone may get the most enjoyment possible out of the Forum.

Do not post only to attack another member/incite a flame

This will be considered disturbing the peace, as there is nothing constructive about publically attacking a fellow forum member or attempting to start a flame war. These topics will be locked and warnings will be issued. Frequent troublemakers will be dealt with more severely.
cyanide
Dat steatopygous

Postby Matthew on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:15 am

Grass and most other plants are green because they contain a pigment
known as chlorophyll. The chlorophyll is used in the process of
photosynthesis where a plant produces sugar in the presence of
sunlight. In fact the word 'photosynthesis' means literally to
synthesize or 'make' from light (photo). There are, of course some
plants which do not contain chlorophyll, and these generally get their
nutrition (food) by other means. Some examples are the fungi which
decompose dead, and sometimes living, tissue, for their food.
You will find that a green plant needs light to make food. If the
source of light is cut off, the plant dies. Mushrooms, which are
fungi, do not require light to make food (they decompose matter
as I mentioned above) and you can find mushrooms growing in almost
total darkness.

The process of photosynthesis is described in great detail in many
science books. It is really the process by which life as we know it
is able to continue and renew itself.
Matthew

Postby Jackal on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:23 am

I <3 this forum. Learn something new everyday. I didn't know we had rules.

That grass thing is interesting too.
Jackal

Postby Matthew on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:36 am

Of course we do. Presenting...

The :cry: CRYANIDE RULES :cry:

Note: No GIRLZ allowed

Rule 1: If a flame war is going on and Cyanide ignores it, it's for good reason mkay. If a poster tries to calm things down, he is the rule violator and will be dealt with!

ps, plz help me get a free xbox 360 :boohoo:
Matthew

Postby JT_55 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:43 am

^What the hell was the point of that? Making more trouble?
JT_55

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:27 pm

Jackal wrote:That grass thing is interesting too.

Of course the grass is always greener on the other side.
Matthew forgot to put that in.
He's such an idiot.
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Matthew on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:50 pm

JT_55 wrote:^What the hell was the point of that? Making more trouble?

Obviously you didnt read the:

Forum Rules wrote:Flaming should not be confused with intense discussion. In-depth discussions are to be expected, especially in the general forums, but flaming is not to be encouraged.

Flaming may be defined as "making insulting criticisms or remarks, as on a computer network, to incite anger". Put simply, flaming involves making personal attacks and directing insults towards other forum members. Such behaviour is unproductive and disruptive to discussion. Flaming will not be tolerated in the NLSC Forum, and will be dealt with by the moderators.

Members who make a habit of flaming and causing trouble may be subject to harsher penalties, such as suspension or banning. These measures will only be used in extreme circumstances and when a member is frequently causing trouble while making little or no positive contribution to discussions or the atmosphere of the forum. Please note that we take the liberty to permanently terminate a member's account if they are disturbing the overall atmosphere of the Forum.

The main aim of these rules is to ensure that everyone may post here without feeling harrassed, so that everyone may get the most enjoyment possible out of the Forum.

Do not post only to attack another member/incite a flame

This will be considered disturbing the peace, as there is nothing constructive about publically attacking a fellow forum member or attempting to start a flame war. These topics will be locked and warnings will be issued. Frequent troublemakers will be dealt with more severely.
Matthew

Postby JT_55 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:54 pm

Yeah, well I sure think mocking a moderator isn't part of that :roll: . Cyanide isn't exactly right, but what you're doing is ummm...making the problem worse?
JT_55

Postby Matthew on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:56 pm

How could I possibly make things worse? By pointing out the problems?
Matthew

Postby JT_55 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:02 pm

You obviously didn't know what I meant, or chose to ignore it. I never said you were wrong in pointing out the problems. I'm sure we all (except for cyanide) had a good laugh at the "Cryanide rules", but this is the way people handle problems around here?
JT_55

Postby Matthew on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:21 pm

Well if you're vague I'm not going to assume what you mean.

The point of the Cryanide Rules is to illustrate how far off he is with his own interpretation of things.

Would it honestly make a difference if I addressed it more professionally? Maybe. But I don't see that as a rule either (to be professional, or even "nice").
Matthew

Postby JT_55 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:34 pm

The Cryanide Rules by Matthew wrote:Rule 1: If a flame war is going on and Cyanide ignores it, it's for good reason mkay. If a poster tries to calm things down, he is the rule violator and will be dealt with!

Except for the fact that the only person who tries to calm things down (in a very pathetic way, I know) is cyanide. Then you two traded sarcastic comments back and forth.

Maybe it wouldn't make a difference if you had been more professional. But at least everyone reading would have see more maturity than you have shown.
JT_55

Postby Matthew on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:39 pm

How did he try to calm things down?

And why are you making excuses for him? Cant he speak for himself..
Matthew

Postby Ty-Land on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:07 pm

Think this has gone off-topic. Sorry that I missed it. Bad week for my laptop to go off for repairs. :(
Ty-Land
Spacewolf

Re: Australian Open 2007

Postby J@3 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:13 am

Inducted Nov 11th.
J@3

Previous

Return to Hardwood Classics