The Movies Thread

A collection of memorable (and infamous!) Forum threads. Other noteworthy threads, such as yearly NBA predictions, also get archived here.

Postby J@3 on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:05 pm

Spiderman 3 was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. I wanted to kill people during and after it.
J@3

Postby Indy on Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:02 am

Halloween re-make. Brutal as hell.
Indy

Postby cyanide on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:49 am

Watched Scarface again last night. Damn, that's a good movie. A little depressing, but that's one well made movie.

Oh, and watched Night at the Museum the night before that. It blew monkey chunks. I wanted to fall asleep right then and there.
if you were killed tomorrow, i WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN THE MOTHA FUCKER THAT KILLED U!
......|..___________________, ,
....../ `---______----|]
...../==o;;;;;;;;______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER
cyanide
Dat steatopygous

Postby Jackal on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:24 am

1408 sucked monkey balls. What a boring movie, I slept throughout the movie...everytime something exploded I woke up just to realise I missed whatever exploded. Then I stayed up waiting for the next explosive scene but it was so boring I fell asleep and the cycle just kept repeating itself.

Sam L. Jackson was hardly even in the movie. What a waste of time, thank God I didn't pay any money for that movie. :roll:
Jackal

Postby Silas on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:08 am

Indy wrote:Halloween re-make. Brutal as hell.

In a bad way or a really bad way?
Silas

Postby Drex on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:29 am

1408 sucked monkey balls.

I thougt it was entertaining. I was kinda drunk, but still (Y)
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Jackal on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:08 am

I think that would really help. Seriously, I thought it was a waste of time. I don't usually sleep in movies. I really don't.

I find the positives in all movies.
Jackal

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:53 am

1408 was good, imo. It just wasn't the film it was advertised to be, which was a horror film. It was really about a man dealing with the death of his daughter and his belief/disbelief in god.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:44 am

If that's what the movie was supposed to be, it still failed. How many movies do we have to watch of people trying to deal with the loss of their kid/loved one? Especially one with John Cusack going all trippy and a room just being destroyed over and over again? Ooh, yeah, now I'm convinced he's got issues.
There are normal ways of dealing with the loss of family, without going in to the paranormal and what not. Reign Over Me is a perfect example.

I still think it was a waste of time. It wasn't entertaining and I didn't feel I saw a man struggle to deal with the loss of his daughter or about his disbelief in God and what not.

Not to sound like a prick Pdub, but I think you're looking in to the movie way to deep. If I had to go analyze the movie, I'd say it is supposed to be a horror flick about a room primarily and then a movie about a man and the loss of his daughter.

Steven King's short was about the room. It didn't have the wife/daughter storyline. The room was the primary focus point, the room is what it was all about. The room was telling Cusack to destroy it. (Burn me alive.) If I was to be more nitpicky, I could make more of a case for it being more of a horror opposed to an emotional drama because I'm fairly certain Olin is the one that sent Cusack the postcard telling him not to enter the room. Olin clearly seemed to have known about Cusack's work.

Thanks for the effort though, I'm glad you enjoyed the movie from the point of view that he was struggling to deal with the pain of losing his daughter...but that's not really what the movie was about. It wasn't intended to be about that anyways. The movie was about scaring the shit out of you because the room was fucked up and then to explain why Cusack didn't believe you had the daughter storyline.

So back to my point...stuff just randomly goes wrong in the room and boo, I'm scared. Yeah...how about no.
Jackal

Postby Oznogrd on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:09 am

Jae wrote:Spiderman 3 was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. I wanted to kill people during and after it.

Thank god i'm not the only that thought so, i wanted to borrow my friend's shoes and beat myself over the head with them while watching that movie. The only decent part was the final fight.
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby J@3 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:28 am

illini wrote:
Jae wrote:Spiderman 3 was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. I wanted to kill people during and after it.

Thank god i'm not the only that thought so, i wanted to borrow my friend's shoes and beat myself over the head with them while watching that movie. The only decent part was the final fight.

It was the first time in my entire life that I was on the verge of leaving before the movie was over. Venom showing up stopped me, but he was garbage aswell so I just went back to being disappointed. I must have sent about 50 "This movie is fucking terrible" or "WTF? WHY THE FUCK IS SPIDERMAN DANCING??" text messages during it.
J@3

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:34 am

hmm im thinking its a good thing i never wound up seeing spiderman 3. it might ruin the series of movies for me.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:00 pm

illini wrote:
Jae wrote:
Spiderman 3 was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. I wanted to kill people during and after it.

Shameful stuff indeed...Just saw it in a plane coming back from France, should have tried to sleep instead...The dancing part really is pitiful, but the whole thing is just a monument of predictable cheesiness.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Jackal on Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:54 am

Sneak Preview: The Bourne Ultimatum.

I couldn't be more giddy when it started. After stoopid Georgia Rule, they came back and saved themselves a bit. On to the movie...

It's a nice close to the series, the action was constant, it's an adrenaline pumped movie which has a good storyline, great action and terrific pacing. The only downside to the movie which bugged me a little (but bugged a lot of people I went with) was that the camera was shaky. I thought it fit well so I didn't mind it.

I think Bourne Supremacy as a movie was better, but as a final chapter I couldn't have asked more from Ultimatum. Another sidenote, you can see how Matt Damon has aged, still kicks ass and all but still...

Overall a good movie. Hmm, it's tough, I don't know...I think it just nudged out Mr. Brooks from #3 but that's because of my overall man-love for Matt Damon, the Jason Bourne character (read all the books, ironic how they are nothing alike) and the action. As a movie, Mr. Brooks > Bourne. Bourne as a character > Mr. Brooks. So that'd put Brooks at 4 and Fracture moves down another spot to 5.

Not a bad year for Hollywood so far. (Despite Jack Sparrow and Danny Ocean blowing.)
Jackal

Postby Indy on Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:49 pm

Jae wrote:It was the first time in my entire life that I was on the verge of leaving before the movie was over. Venom showing up stopped me, but he was garbage aswell so I just went back to being disappointed. I must have sent about 50 "This movie is fucking terrible" or "WTF? WHY THE FUCK IS SPIDERMAN DANCING??" text messages during it.

I actually thought the whole Saturday Night Fever spoof was the best thing about the movie.
Indy

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:08 pm

Indy wrote:
Jae wrote:It was the first time in my entire life that I was on the verge of leaving before the movie was over. Venom showing up stopped me, but he was garbage aswell so I just went back to being disappointed. I must have sent about 50 "This movie is fucking terrible" or "WTF? WHY THE FUCK IS SPIDERMAN DANCING??" text messages during it.

I actually thought the whole Saturday Night Fever spoof was the best thing about the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrPY8APUgPE

:lol:
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:34 am

Knocked Up - It was okay.

Don't see the big fuss about it.
Jackal

Postby Oznogrd on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:26 pm

Saw Shoot 'em Up-absolutely purposefully campy, and a masterpiece of it..check it out if you like that action thats over the top its hilarious schtick
Oznogrd

Postby Jackal on Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:33 pm

I hate you guys and your early (not early, on time) release dates. :x
Jackal

Postby Oznogrd on Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:59 pm

well just move to the states and that wouldnt be a problem :-P
Oznogrd

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:26 am

You can also coughload from the coughernet.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:08 am

I usually do. Just not everything comes out in mint quality.

That's the only way I've seen Knocked Up. That comes out in theatres on like the...23rd of September I think. Again, not even that funny.
Jackal

Postby Jackal on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:42 am

Not a movie but just finished the last season of Six Feet Under. A very well written show with a lot of depth. Amazing show.

Top 5 easily. HBO rocks. The Sopranos, The Wire, OZ and now Six Feet Under. Amazing.
Jackal

Postby Pera on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:16 am

Even though those shows are good, they still don't beat Smallville :P .

Well, I watched two movies in a span of two weeks. Damn it just goes to show how school gets in a conflict with my movie nights.

The first one was Wild Hogs . A comedy story about four middle age man who live boring life's and just want to ride their bikes again. The cast was great .. Martin Lawrence, Tim Allen,John Travolta , the guy who plays Dr. Cox on scrubs = good movie (Y) . For some reason I can't stand Hollywood endings anymore, I mean I can predict the end of the movie at the middle of it. I know it was a comedy, but hell they could've added a little twist to the story. Just to get that guessing factor up. Don't let that fool you, the movie is still good .

The other one was called The Sound of Thunder. Its a movie about earth in the year 2057, some scientist built a time machine and some guys go back in time to see dinosaurs and like kill them to get samples and stuff. Though they can only kill the animals that are on the verge of dying . If they kill a bee that would still live, they would change the present. And that is what they do, some dude killed a butterfly that wasn't dying and when they came back everything seemed normal, but it wasn't. These big time waves came and changed everything . The cast isn't really known, though that didn't ruin the movie for me .
Pera

Postby J@3 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:27 am

Inducted 14/9/07.
J@3

Previous

Return to Hardwood Classics