The Music Thread

A collection of memorable (and infamous!) Forum threads. Other noteworthy threads, such as yearly NBA predictions, also get archived here.

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:23 pm

my qurstion is right now... WHEN is Kanye's new album gonna leak????
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Indy on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:24 am

Qballer wrote:my qurstion is right now... WHEN is Kanye's new album gonna leak????

It already did. So did 50s.
Indy

Postby Joe' on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:41 am

I know I already posted this but this song's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKhnmUdmz74

There's the official video for 'The Pretender', the first single from the Foo Fighters' upcoming album 'Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace', which is hitting the stores on September 25th.

Kickass song, I love how the beginning of it resembles 'Stairway to Heaven'. I hope the whole album is this good.
Dear Old World, you represent everything that's wrong...
Joe'
Sir Psycho Sexy

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:24 pm

Indy wrote:
Qballer wrote:my qurstion is right now... WHEN is Kanye's new album gonna leak????

It already did. So did 50s.

sick. I just got finished listening to it. solid album. hard to compare it to the first one, but definitely better than the second. I could see "Good Life" w/ T-pain as a great 3rd single.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jugs on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:23 pm

So kanye's and 50's have leaked? I'm gonna wait till the 11th before I recieve a copy.

Lately I've been digging UGK. Cocaine in the Back of the Ride is a classic but their new album is "dope"
Jugs

Postby Its_asdf on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:53 am

I got Era Vulgaris (Queen of the Stoneage's new album) today and it's like a completely different band. The album's definitely got that crunchy 'industrial' sound. Still pretty bad ass, although I still like their first album the most.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby benji on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:20 pm

it's like a completely different band

Isn't it basically though? Like aside from Homme?
benji

Postby Its_asdf on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:25 pm

Well, I guess that's true. I don't even know whos in QOTSA anymore...
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Dro on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:00 pm

To any music fan out there:

"Graduation" is INCREDIBLE! Kanye West may be a pompous ass, but his music is getting more and more incredible. A must-have.

Oh...and don't bother with "Curtis". 17 tracks of garbage with not a single unique song to get excited about. 50 Cent's shit is officially tired.

Hopefully Kanye outsells Fifty and Fifty lives up to his promise.
http://thesportspread.blogspot.com/

^^^Visit my blog! Nothing too interesting, but I try to make a post every day, and I try to go in depth. Please leave lots of negative feedback! I want to become a sports journalist on the side some day, and I know I have a looooooong way to go.

***Note: I had make a new URL because for some reason I couldn't log into the old one...bummer.
Dro

Postby el badman on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:04 pm

I got Era Vulgaris (Queen of the Stoneage's new album) today and it's like a completely different band. The album's definitely got that crunchy 'industrial' sound. Still pretty bad ass, although I still like their first album the most.

Quite challenging at first, but gets better everytime you litsen to it. Very recommended (Y)
Quote:
it's like a completely different band

Isn't it basically though? Like aside from Homme?

Nope, the lineup is the same as "Lullabies to Paralyze", they just chose another approach and decided to do whatever the fuck they wanted with this album. I'm glad Interscope let them do it...
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Dro wrote:To any music fan out there:

"Graduation" is INCREDIBLE! Kanye West may be a pompous ass, but his music is getting more and more incredible. A must-have.

Oh...and don't bother with "Curtis". 17 tracks of garbage with not a single unique song to get excited about. 50 Cent's shit is officially tired.

i'm a big kanye fan but i gotta say, of the 3 studio albums, this is by far the worst as far as number of good songs is concerned. I only like 3 songs: Stronger, Can't Tell Me Nothing, and Good life with TPain. Champion is "okay alright". the other 9 songs are average. 13 songs on an album? wow. but I do like how he tried to experiment on this album though. he has a lot of variety on this album and that's probably one of the bright spots on Graduation.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:01 pm

i'm a big kanye fan but i gotta say, of the 3 studio albums, this is by far the worst as far as number of good songs is concerned. I only like 3 songs: Stronger, Can't Tell Me Nothing, and Good life with TPain. Champion is "okay alright". the other 9 songs are average. 13 songs on an album? wow. but I do like how he tried to experiment on this album though. he has a lot of variety on this album and that's probably one of the bright spots on Graduation.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dro on Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:49 pm

Qballer wrote:

To each his own I guess. I think Good Morning, Stronger, Champion, Good Life, Can't Tell me Nothing, Drunk and Hot Girls, and especially Homecoming (can't get enough of this one) are all superb songs. The rest are all solid IMO, except for Barry Bonds (disappointing, as I really like Lil' Wayne), Everything I am, and Big Brother which are subpar IMO.

The only problem I have with the CD is that it appears as if Kanye is transitioning more and more to R&B. He never really was a true rapper, but at least he had songs like Jesus Walks and Two Words in the College Dropout. Whatever though...there are 7 songs I can't get enough of in Graduation.

^^^Visit my blog! Nothing too interesting, but I try to make a post every day, and I try to go in depth. Please leave lots of negative feedback! I want to become a sports journalist on the side some day, and I know I have a looooooong way to go.

***Note: I had make a new URL because for some reason I couldn't log into the old one...bummer.
Dro

Postby J@3 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:18 am

That Stronger song is kick ass, I was shocked it was by Kanye... though Daft Punk have alot to do with the overall awesomeness of the song.

Can't stop listening to Blaqk Audio and Aiden at the moment, Ben is where I go for my musical needs.
J@3

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:06 pm

Right now I'm loving Can't Tell Me Nothin' by Kanye and Crank Dat by Soulja Boy (looooove this beat).
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Indy on Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:40 am

Crank that by Soulja boy is the worst song ever created in any genre of music, including rythmic breathing.

I feel a rage come over me that could probably drive me to kill thousands when I hear that song. Every verse (well the one verse) he does sounds like a crappy chorus, he never really raps for the whole song. It is quite obvious that he is just a retarted 17 year old who somehow got money to produce a song.
Indy

Postby Oznogrd on Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:19 am

So i realized something today while listening to the Killers Sam's Town:
1. They could so rock if they would stop this "he doesnt look a thing like jesus" and slow stuff...their harder stuff is so amazing yet they choose to do alot less of it
2. I've always liked the Killers since I heard them a few years ago. And I cannot believe it didnt click until today. The Killers have done everything they possibly can to sound/act/look/play like The Cure. Which is good, I like the Cure, but no ones original anymore...
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby buzzy on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:27 am

I think Graduation came out pretty sick. 'Stronger', 'Good Life' 'Homecoming' and 'Champion' are amazing songs.

Man, I'm really upset with MTV. 5 nominations for Kanye at the VMA's, but again no love for him.
He said, he'll never return to MTV.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:49 am

Indy wrote:Crank that by Soulja boy is the worst song ever created in any genre of music, including rythmic breathing.

I feel a rage come over me that could probably drive me to kill thousands when I hear that song. Every verse (well the one verse) he does sounds like a crappy chorus, he never really raps for the whole song. It is quite obvious that he is just a retarted 17 year old who somehow got money to produce a song.

it's a shame that "rap" has turned into this. 16 or 17 year old boys making stupid songs that people love listening to and they get one-hit wonders.

2pac & Biggie are rolling in their graves as we speak.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dramacydal on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:53 am

^Probably true.

But 2007 has also been quite good so far.

Great albums:

Common - Finding Forever
Talib Kweli - Eardrum
Young Noble & Hussein Fatal - Thug In Thug Out

Good or at least decent albums:

KRS-One & Marley Marl - Hip Hop Lives
Kanye West - Graduation
Devin The Dude - Waiting To Inhale
Redman - Red Gone Wild

Lupe, Mega and Technique's albums are yet to be released but I think the last 2 won't come out in '07 though.

Hope I didn't forget any good albums but I probably did...
Dramacydal

Postby Dro on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:37 am

dramacydal wrote:^Probably true.

But 2007 has also been quite good so far.

Great albums:

Common - Finding Forever
Talib Kweli - Eardrum
Young Noble & Hussein Fatal - Thug In Thug Out

Good or at least decent albums:

KRS-One & Marley Marl - Hip Hop Lives
Kanye West - Graduation
Devin The Dude - Waiting To Inhale
Redman - Red Gone Wild

Lupe, Mega and Technique's albums are yet to be released but I think the last 2 won't come out in '07 though.

Hope I didn't forget any good albums but I probably did...

T.I. vs. T.I.P. was my second favorite album of the year so far, what do you think about it?

Dro

Postby Dramacydal on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:14 pm

Didn't like it. I generally can't stand southern rap with the exception of TI's King which was decent and the only reason I checked TI vs TIP. But I wans't feeling that one at all.
Dramacydal

Postby --- on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:38 pm

Indy wrote:Crank that by Soulja boy is the worst song ever created in any genre of music, including rythmic breathing.

1. Soulja Boi
2. Scraper Bike
3. That fucking Hurricane Chris bullshit. "Ridin in the 'Lac with a Mug"

Seriously, what the fuck?
---

Postby Indy on Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:36 am

I feel happy that I don't know the other 2 names on that list, although I've probably heard the songs and gotten pissed.

I don't know what the radio stations are like in other cities, but I assume their similar to Chicago in what they play. I just want to march down to the hip hop stations and hand them some Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, Blackstar, Pharaoe Monch, hell even Snoop Dogg, BIG, Dr. Dre and Nas, just to remind them what they need to be pumping our CDless cars with.

I want to listen to music not ringtones!
Indy

Postby J@3 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:26 am

Inducted 14/9/07.
J@3

Previous

Return to Hardwood Classics