Ahhh, want to get some help

Discussion about NBA Live 2003.

Ahhh, want to get some help

Postby R4zoR on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:51 am

Yep i just moved in to my new place and i can't really mod the so called new games later on like 2k15 etc, 2k14 is still good but i want to try out something new with the older games, is there anyone that could help me out on how to start, yea i know they are tutorials and etc, but i want someone, that i could work with :) Let me know.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Re: Ahhh, want to get some help

Postby Murat on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:09 am

I mod this game since 2010. I learned lots of things about modding and I will try to share my experience and knowledge to you.
IIRC you modded players for NBA Live 2004.
NBA Live 2003 is really similar to 2004. But 2004's files don't work with 2003.

Let's start with programs:

Texture programs

- EA Graphics Editor: The main graphic editor. You can edit lots of things with this one.
Advantages: It opens any graphics file of NBA Live 2003! And you can edit the graphics with this program
Disadvantages: You cannot increase texture file. When it imports textures it doesn't give %100 result.

- DOLFFIN: Actually works with 2005-08 files, but it can open 2003 files too.
Advantages: Fine importing. CF's, jerseys, courts etc. work with this. Backups your file.
Disadvantages: 2003 logos does not work with this tool. Unable to increase texture file.

- FshEd: Any FSH file can be opened with this tool.
Advantages: Texture size can be increased. Perfect importing. This has 4 plugins. Graphic Importer, Jersey Editor, GIF Importer and PSD Importer. The first ones are enough for me. Jersey Editor helps me to edit jersey number positions.
Disadvantages: You need to use Graphic Importer plugin to import JPG, PNG, TIFF etc. VIV files doesn't work.

- nFSHtool: Expert FSH program. It's a complicated program, but it's another useful program.
I never used this, but you need to use this application to import jersey letters. You can also add alpha layers to a .fsh file with this tool.

Model programs:

- OEdit: The main model editor of this game.
Advantages: Model editing!
Disadvantages: You cannot edit players .o files, unless you use MorphMesh.

- MorphMesh: Allows user to edit players .o files.
The .o file is extracted as Mesh from Morph, with this program. It can do the reverse process too.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby R4zoR on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:20 am

Thanks Murat for the info, ahh do you have skype or sth similar to that, so i could chat to you easier. I just bought the game back, installed it, so everything is fresh.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Murat on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:27 am

That's fine.

Well, I do not have any skype or smh else. I have only FB account :|
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby R4zoR on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:42 am

Murat wrote:That's fine.

Well, I do not have any skype or smh else. I have only FB account :|

Oh okay, well i installed a bunch of those programs. Thinking of what i can actually do now lol
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Murat on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:45 am

Can you create cyberfaces for this mod?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby R4zoR on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:55 am

Murat wrote:Can you create cyberfaces for this mod?

Well i could try lol. But i don't know how to extract those model files for faces at the moment.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Return to NBA Live 2003