Postby -lac- the goods on Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:31 pm

Where did you buy it from?
-lac- the goods

Postby Shag on Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:45 pm

well how is it? :shock:
Shag

cmon!

Postby Jase23 on Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:57 pm

well, give us the lowdown! Screens! Info !!! cmon!!!!!
Jase23

I have it tooo!

Postby kbraidford on Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:32 pm

Well i have it too and lets just say my Aftershock is worn out (literally) if there was a store open now, I'd go get one.

The first thing you should do is go to game modes / 1 on 1. It's a blast!

Pick a good defender at first like K.Garnett and play winner's out at the beach against Wilt Chamberlin. Man, I played 1 on 1 for 3 hours straight.

See ya later, back to playing with my microsoft sidewinder (until tomorrow)

gnight
kbraidford

Postby alsldls on Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:36 pm

Well I just tried the PC version of live on Allstar and the thing that strikes me as weird is that anyone is a GREAT shot blocker in this game. AI just blocked 8 shots on me guess who i was! 6'8" Tracy mcgrady. Also every missed shot or steal is an instant fast break by CPU and the speed of the game makes it nearly impossible to get back on D.

Its even easier beleive it or not to get a block in 2003 that it ever was in 2000, or 2001 and it was pretty easy there.

Steals IMHO aren't a big problem if you dont do weird passes or try to telegraph a pass full court or try to bribble in a crowd.

Graphics are pretty good and I like the main menu tunes especially snoop dogs.

Franchise mode is pretty much same as always.

Gameplay is way fast (too fast) I mean even Sabonis looks like a sprinter turboing down the court.

The shooting percentages seems very high for CPU which i think are directly related to so many fast breaks in the game.

I wont go on and on about this game since Im probably going to be flamed but overall I would give it a C. Im not overly impressed.
alsldls

Postby Jase23 on Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:42 pm

:cry:
Jase23

Postby LordZed on Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:13 pm

[quote="Clay"]Well I just tried the PC version of live on Allstar and the thing that strikes me as weird is that anyone is a GREAT shot blocker in this game. AI just blocked 8 shots on me guess who i was! 6'8" Tracy mcgrady. Also every missed shot or steal is an instant fast break by CPU and the speed of the game makes it nearly impossible to get back on D.

Its even easier beleive it or not to get a block in 2003 that it ever was in 2000, or 2001 and it was pretty easy there.
quote]

And offensive rebounds are non excistent. I guess it's better then in 2001 where there were way WAT too many O-Rebounds but you don't fix it by making there be no offensive rebounds.
LordZed

disagree

Postby kbraidford on Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:22 pm

Well I disagree with the last 2 posts.

On the hardest mode (where I've been playing) Turbo only slighty increases speed. As far as offensive rebounds go, when you shoot, you'll almost always have a guy down low, just pick him and hit the jump button and you'll get offensive rebounds, if you wait for the computer to get offensive rebounds for you, forget it. This game is real, it makes you work for everything. People who are used to the old way of letting the computer do so many things for you are in for a dissapointment. This version allows you to do so many things that it makes the game entirely different from a gameplay standpoint.

The graphics are some of the best seen on any system.
The movements are the best of any game.
Freestyle is useless in the harder modes.
I'm finding shooting percentages of 40-58% in most games. It varies by team (as it should). You'll find that detroit holds the ball more to keep the score down and they defend well, they switch off each other perfectly.

Sacramento will allow you to run up and down every game (Dallas too).
But then again, look at dallas and sacramento this year. Scores of 125-120 are typical. Why should the game be geared to keeping scores in the 70's when real games are going past 100.
kbraidford

Postby Showtime on Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:30 pm

Sounds good kbraidford, I hope your description is right. After all these years we've finally got a Bball game. :twisted:
Showtime

Postby Shag on Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:44 pm

to me it sounds like after a patch it should be great :) like slowing down gameplay other then that seems pretty good to me :D
Shag

Postby N8theGreat on Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:52 pm

why slow down the gameplay? that would make this game way to damn easy. its already pretty easy the speed its at.
N8theGreat

Postby cocobee on Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:53 pm

that is what i thought kbraidford, a lot of people were spazzing out when the console versions came out--all i can say--learn how to play--the computer isn't gonna give you sh!t

I totally agree with the offensive rebounds, you've got to earn everything and if you play stoopid for a minute the cpu will burn you--you must think throughout the game.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby alsldls on Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:47 pm

I did find it easy even though all the crap i mentioned I still won the game 143 - 135 . Tmac had 60+ points even with being blocked 8 or 9 times. all I did was speed burst into the lane two quick cross overs then layup all game and i swear 50% of phillys points came from fast breaks.

Anyway to each his own I guess a patchers will make the game better even though that wont help Franchise mode much.

I'll nothc it up to superstart but i doubt i will see a big improvement.
Madden is the only game that EA truly tries to SIMULATE :x
alsldls

Postby Glyyde on Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:55 pm

All-star and Superstar is really different gameplay.... that's from the demo I played.... Superstar is a lot faster, where u really have to take care of not simply shooting and passing the ball.... and mistake, it will be an easy basket for the opponent. Try using the stand still buttons when the PC fastbreak on u..... u might be able to draw a charge sometimes and they might change the shot and miss.....
Glyyde

trust me

Postby kbraidford on Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:58 pm

Trust me, on Superstar, your turbo won't do shiat. You'll really have to work to get every point.

The best thing about this version of LIVE is that the computer offers no help at all. You get no offensive rebounds, no defensive rebounds, no picks. you have to set it up or do it yourself.

If you relax and take stupid shots and don't try to get the O rebound or D REbound, you will lose everytime.
kbraidford

Re: trust me

Postby LordZed on Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:18 am

kbraidford wrote:Trust me, on Superstar, your turbo won't do shiat. You'll really have to work to get every point.

The best thing about this version of LIVE is that the computer offers no help at all. You get no offensive rebounds, no defensive rebounds, no picks. you have to set it up or do it yourself.

If you relax and take stupid shots and don't try to get the O rebound or D REbound, you will lose everytime.

Even the CPU controlled team don't get many offensive rebounds. In the last quarter I played neither team had not 1 offensive rebound. Infact I can only recall 1 offensive rebound in all the time I've played. Also some people like to play in player lock mode so clicking on a big guy underneath just to get an O-Rebound isn't an option plus it would be unfair anyway since the CPU controlled team can't have a human do this for them.

All they did to fix rebounding was kill the patient to rid if the disease.
LordZed

Return to NBA Live 2003