More Roster Help Needed!

Discussion about NBA Live 2003.

More Roster Help Needed!

Postby rise on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:34 am

A quick question:

When you're editing the schedule.dbf, location.dbf, injury.dbf, etc. - they appear only in a save file of a franchise but not a roster save file. Would you edit these in the originaldb folder, the currentdb folder, or the workingdb folder?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by rise on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Re: Roster Help!

Postby cighvin3642 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:21 pm

just save the edited files in those folders.... that's what i know... :D

My Facebook Page for NBA Live 2003: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NBA-LIVE ... 2238150881
cighvin3642
NBA/PBA Live 2003 Patcher

Re: Roster Help!

Postby rise on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:17 am

But they're not in those folders!! :?

ANOTHER QUESTION: In franchise mode, using updated salaries, has anyone noticed that everyone signs ridiculous contracts in the offseason?

Example: Gerald Henderson (76 overall): $7.7m/yr for five years.

i've tried changing the salary file in the felogic folder but it doesn't work. I still get Gerald Henderson signing $40m contracts.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Re: More Roster Help Needed!

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Edit the instances of those files in the originaldb folder.

As for players signing ridiculous contracts, that's been a recurring problem in NBA Live's Franchise/Dynasty Mode AI; bad contracts and high rated players being left in the Free Agent pool.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby rise on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:36 am

by editing the salary file and starting a new franchise, i've got it so that players sign normal (?) contracts, but no new contracts run over 17 or 18 mil. Players with mid 70s rating are signing 3-5 mil/year contracts and mid 80s about 10mil. Much more realistic. Now how do I get this change in an old franchise, so far, I have had no luck.
rise
Contributor

Postby rise on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:20 am

Help, anybody?
rise
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:22 am

You might be out of luck there.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby rise on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:36 am

I'm now kind of lost as to what to do now. I've tried to start a new franchise file and copy certain .dbf's and .dat's over from my franchise (this is my Domination franchise, don't worry I have it saved in about four different places), but no luck so far. I might just freestyle my franchise a little bit, just doing a BUNCH of dbf editing after simming the seasons up to 2011.

What I have been able to do is tweak the salary.ini values so that Gerald Henderson - style players sign 3-4 mil/year contracts instead of the ridiculous 7-9 mil/yr they were getting before. The uber-crappy undrafted rookies (60-overall) still want 2mil thrown at them though. I just can't seem to get around that.
In a test run I was able to sign Carmelo Anthony (91) for 16 mil/yr for 5 years and then I went and signed Kwame Brown (74) for a 1 yr, 3 mil contract. No superstars were left over to be signed for the minimum (progress!) - highest-rated was Thaddeus Young (81).

I just need to find a way to get all this work into my franchise.
rise
Contributor

Return to NBA Live 2003