Resolution and Graphics Settings

Discussion about NBA Live 2003.

Resolution and Graphics Settings

Postby SpriteAlpha on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:28 am

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get this game working with newer graphics cards? The resolution option is blanked out, and I can't select anything above "Medium" on Texture Details. And when I try to select Anistrophic in "Texture Filter", the game crashes.
I'm on Windows Vista, but I really do think this problem has something to do with having a new Nvidia graphics card.

Any ideas?

Thanks
SpriteAlpha

Re: Resolution and Graphics Settings

Postby ize on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:13 pm

you can edit graphic settings in notepad too! go C:\"your user name"\Documents\NBA Live 2003\settings, and than edit the settings folder.
i'll experiment on that, and i'll tell you how you should change the values there :wink:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ize

Postby SpriteAlpha on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:47 am

Thanks for the help! I didn't realise there was a folder in My Documents.

However, the only file in the "settings" folder is "settings.dat" I've opened it with a file called "UltraEdit", but I have no clue what to do. Any ideas?
SpriteAlpha

Postby ize on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:49 pm

i'll send you that settings.dat file, just tell me what display setting you want to use, is it ok :wink: ?

ize

Postby SpriteAlpha on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Thank you very much!

Could I have each setting at its maximum, with the resolution at 1600x1200? If this is possible, could you also send me the file again with the resolution at 1920x1200?
SpriteAlpha

Postby ize on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:25 am

here's your file, everything is set to maximum, replace the old file, and it should work ;)
http://rapidshare.com/files/247436933/settings.dat

ize

Postby SpriteAlpha on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:24 am

Thanks. Though I have bad news: I replaced the settings file, but nothing changed. I've even reinstalled the game, then use your settings.dat file, but again, nothing changed.
I think my game has a problem accessing the settings.dat file, since, if I change any graphcs setting, my game will crash.
SpriteAlpha

Postby youvalss on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:09 pm

I may have found the answer. Instead of going to the settings folder, go to the cscripts folder. There should be 2 files there. Open them with notepad and see that one of them (I think it's hwconfig) contains the resolution and other settings. You can edit it. But one thing I found out, was that after editing the file, the game ran at higher resolution, BUT once I edited the details in the game - the resolution went back to low resolution. So edit only these files - without editing that in the game.
Good luck!
youvalss

Postby Murat on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:36 am

No. The problem is on the SpriteAlpha's computer. He should change his computer.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby WiltatKansas on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:28 am

i have having the same problem can't change the resolution and if i but everything in high my game crashes and one thing i don't have the file called hwconfig on my computer not in my documents and not in my main folder..
FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STING LIKE A BE AAAAAAAA!!
WiltatKansas

Return to NBA Live 2003