Cyberface Help Needed

Discussion about NBA Live 2003.

Cyberface Help Needed

Postby kingcoffee on Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:20 am

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm in the process of making a 20th Anniversary mod for NBA LIVE 2003 and I'm struggling with cyberfaces - I have followed every tutorial to a T and I'm not seeing my cyberface in-game. Here's an example of Steph Curry:
Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 4.10.43 PM.png

Troubleshooting/steps I've tried:

- Having all of the LOD files in /xplayer/stcurry
- xconfig CustomArt is set to 1 (I know it's working because I have jersey patches)
- Steph Curry is set to STCURRY for PlayerID and PlayerPackage in players.DBF

So, what gives?

I know this board probably isn't active but any help would be awesome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kingcoffee

Re: Cyberface Help Needed

Postby kingcoffee on Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:26 am

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 4.10.59 PM.png

That's what my /xplayer/stcurry folder looks like - I just removed all of the .O files from it just to see if it would help - it did not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kingcoffee

Postby kingcoffee on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:11 am

UPDATE: Okay, I've resolved my original issue - but now I have a bigger problem.

Every single time I use EA Graph or FSHED to replace an old bhed with my current photoshopped cyberface - it doesn't save!

I've quadruple checked all of my stuff and every time I open it in either program, it shows my updated face. But, I load the game up and it reverts back to the original face.

What am I doing wrong?!

Check it out: I downloaded a Steph Curry cyberface from the 09/10 rookie pack that is in the downloads on this site and I was able to get it working properly. Obviously, the skin tone is wrong and the face doesn't look much like Steph so I wanted to update it. Every time I update the face - it always reverts back to the old one. So frustrating. This is happening with my Luka Doncic cyberface as well - it only shows the Fred Hoiberg cyberface that I used for the base, not Luka!

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 5.05.55 PM.png
kingcoffee

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:41 am

Never import to the original .viv files. Always use CustomArt: Guide to Installing Patches (NBA Live 2003 & NBA Live 2004)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Murat on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:28 pm

I spot a typo error inside the folder in 2nd post. Change it as stcurry.fsh.

Speaking of faces I might have MorphMesh for NBA Live 2003. You can also edit models with OEdit that way. ehlomint sent me sometime ago I need to check my archives.

You can also download NBA Live 15 mod. It had up-to-date faces for 2014-15 season.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kingcoffee on Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:22 pm

Andrew wrote:Never import to the original .viv files. Always use CustomArt: Guide to Installing Patches (NBA Live 2003 & NBA Live 2004)

I did edit the original .viv when I first started. It didn't work and I ended up reinstalling the game - but since then I haven't done anything to any .viv files.
kingcoffee

Postby kingcoffee on Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:23 pm

Murat wrote:I spot a typo error inside the folder in 2nd post. Change it as stcurry.fsh.

Speaking of faces I might have MorphMesh for NBA Live 2003. You can also edit models with OEdit that way. ehlomint sent me sometime ago I need to check my archives.

You can also download NBA Live 15 mod. It had up-to-date faces for 2014-15 season.

Yes, the typo was indeed my original problem. I'm having a new problem now where my updated cyberfaces aren't saving. If you have a download link for MorphMesh I would love to check it out.
kingcoffee

Postby Murat on Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:18 am

I remember having a weird problem with NBA Live 2003. Maybe it was another shitty bug from Vista.

Open the folder from EAGE (click Open, navigate to stcurry or ludonci), delete the folder with all contents from EAGE window. Then export fsh again to same location, this time import with FshEd.

Here is the MorphMesh 2003 link. It only works with player loda.o files from what I remember

https://www.mediafire.com/?f79fim5dv73frud
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA Live 2003