NBA LIVE 2005 problem

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

NBA LIVE 2005 problem

Postby TheRocket on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi, i installed this game on my laptop (intel hd graphics, intel i3). I installed without any problem but when i double click on icon nothing happens, mouse cursor changes to hourglass for a second and then like nothing has happened. I have windows 7, maybe that's the problem. When i tried to install directc9.0 which i got with the game of course it says that the newer version is installed as i expected. So, do you know how to deal with it?
TheRocket

Re: NBA LIVE 2005 problem

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:46 am

Ctrl+Alt+Del, then bring up the Task Manager. In the Processes tab, check if the installation .exe is still running, and if so, click End Process to stop it. I've noticed that happens from time to time running NBA Live 2005-08 PC on Windows 7.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:10 am

Yeah exactly what Andrew said, for whatever reason these games like to hang around even after you "close" them. So ending the process through task manager is the only way, if you receive a message like "the task cannot be completed" try clicking on the "show processes from all users" and try again.

I have windows 7 and haven't had a problem with it, if the game finished installing and you're just trying to run the game you may need to run as an administrator.
Cpt(K)

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:32 am

That also helps. Sometimes it also seems to help prevent the issue of the process not ending automatically after exiting the game (~e00005.exe is another process you should look out for in the Task Manager, if you can't launch the game), but End Process will do the trick whenever it arises.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005