NBA Live Career mode? and others

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

NBA Live Career mode? and others

Postby Bang on Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:36 am

I always thought it would be cool having a career mode that lets you start with a created player and work your way up...from High School.
So you could go into the draft early if you were THAT good (should be a very hard thing to do in the game). Or you could choose to go into a college. Or maybe you could go to Europe instead.

What would really help with this would be to have historical teams at least on the NBA level. Would be better if it was also true in college level. For High School level, I find it impossible to do.
Players could truly experience the fear of facing Jordan or see someone like LeBron smash everyone in High School.

This mode seems to be almost an impossibility tho, since getting license for all those past teams should be hard. Not to mention the sheer amount of data involved.

Even if the high school part and the college part was fictional, it would still be kind of fun.

General small changes
-Very flexible ratings determined by every game played. (If someone plays a bad game, or gets injured, the ratings DROP)
-Realistic trades
-Historical teams
-International teams
-National teams
Bang

Postby KABI on Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:41 am

It would be awesome and that's something me and my friends have talked about for a couple years now.
KABI

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:12 pm

The problem with a single player career mode is that for some of the time, you're going to be sitting on the bench watching the game, and who wants to play a game where all you do is watch? And if you aren't a key player on the team, you'll probably only get a few minutes every now and then. There wouldn't be much gameplay involved.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Bang on Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:58 pm

Andrew wrote:The problem with a single player career mode is that for some of the time, you're going to be sitting on the bench watching the game, and who wants to play a game where all you do is watch? And if you aren't a key player on the team, you'll probably only get a few minutes every now and then. There wouldn't be much gameplay involved.

I was thinking that too...A lot of rookies won't do that much in their first few seasons in the NBA. Perhaps you could just play the whole team if you're in it?
So the user would have to take the role of player/coach/manager. You could choose to give your player more play time, but that also sacrifices your team.
There should be rewards for both player excellence and team excellence so then people would go into a individual/team conflict.
Bang

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:07 pm

There would have to more to the mode that just playing the games and sitting on the bench. You'd need other tasks, otherwise it would get frustrating (and boring) fairly quickly. Controlling the other players as normal when you're not on the floor might be an option - but you might as well just play normally and use player lock when the desired player is on the floor.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby alexboom on Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:29 pm

Andrew wrote:The problem with a single player career mode is that for some of the time, you're going to be sitting on the bench watching the game, and who wants to play a game where all you do is watch?

there could be a "skip" option. The player skips the game until he enters on the floor. And if ever the player is DNP, he directly comes back to the calendar where he sees the result of the game.

Oh by the way, something I'm looking for from Live 95 : for each game individual stats shall be saved ! i'd like to see the stats of players for CPU against CPU games.
For Live 95 on SNES it was even worse, the stats were generated automatically (ie one day I traded Laettner who scored 30ppg and he immediately dropped to 18 ppg, or one day Kenny Anderson scored 49 pts against me on the first game of the season but he didn't appear in the top 10 scorers, because ingame stats are replaced by generated ones... :? )
alexboom

Postby MoeMoney on Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:27 am

Instead of having career mode why not have a whole game based on this and a mix of my baller mode. It would be like the sims but you actually are an athlete and play.I explained this for a football game but it sounds even better for basketball.Let me pull my idea up from maddenmania.com

I think that EA sports should introduce the idea of superstar mode for the madden and live series.This would be sort of a reward for getting both the college and professional game and be the best game mode ever.You would make a player and if you make yourself be able to scan your face like in Tony Hawk Underground(T.H.U.G).
-Then using a scanned face or a face you made choose a body type and then the normal stuff you go through except there are no player ratings.
-Then you pick where you are from(hometown,homestate),then choose upbringing (poor,rich,middleclass),then the type of place(city,suburb,country and so on)and you start off as a high school athlete.
-Each high school jersey for each school will just say high school and have a color because there are so many high schools u can't put too much emphasis on it.
-You play your senior season and do your best to rank in high school athletes across the nation and make the allstar game.
-The reward in ranking is having a variety of sports agents wanting to add you to there roster.The higher the ranking the better the offers.If you don't rink you don't get an agent and will have to wait later in college to get one..The reward for making the all star game is even sweeter.More prestigous colleges will offer you a spot in their team(this puts u on the other side of the fense).If no allstar game you get smaller schools offers and hope for a transfer one day.
-Once you got an agent and a team you live on campus and work hard.You go through different training during the season and the better you do the better your chances of staying on the team and starting.Your goal in college is to keep grades up,build your body with weight lifting,and do great in games.
-Then when your a senior and its time to go to the pros it gets even deeper.You go to team tryouts and show off what you got.When you get drafted being an award winner(heisman means #1) and having good stats will have a lot to with being chosen.
-If your player is chosen in an early round he walks up and holds his jersey with family and friends in attendence.Then you,your agent,and the team can dicuss that sweet contract.If not then you sit nervously waitng to see if you get picked and if you don't then you and your agent have to discuss another league like overseas or maybe indoor football and improve skill.
-After getting signed you buy a house and car like you see on MTV Cribs in your new city of play and maybe help your family and friends out.
-The better your agent is the better your deals will be.Then your agent can get you other sources of income through indorsement deals.Maybe a sneaker/cleat deal with a major company and commercials for gatorade and that kind of stuff.Get paid to wear a companay's cleat.
-Now you will control everything you do.Picture driving to practice in your new escalade and working out and working with personal trainers and doing custom drills for your position.
-You will have your choice of a lifestyle.Maybe you want to have a posse and go to clubs and party nonstop or be a Jason Kidd type family man or maybe both.You can be humble and sign autographs or be cocky and aragent and ignore fans.Be a womanizer or look for a wife.A womanizer might end up with a fan stopping rape charge(like Kobe or Tyson) and a husband might not be able to keep up with wife and kids needs.
-You choose what you do on the offseason but anything that goes wrong outside of the field can effect your gameplay and effect your career.Also who you hang with,the products you represent,the way you represent yourself,and media coverage all effect your career.
It's like The Sims but twice as better and on a whole nother level.You would be acting out ESPN's The LIfe.
The game might be too big to ever make it but it would be the best game ever.You would work a career and a life and with the face generater make yourself that athlete
MoeMoney

Return to NBA Live 2005