weird problem with settings

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

weird problem with settings

Postby dim-3D on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:49 am

ok English is not my first language so i'm going to keep it simple as possible even if the problem seems weird and complicated.

I playing a new season with 2011 roster for some weeks know. Recently I update the anim - ai - settings section with the EA Aiact Blocking fixed + sliders 2.0 (not sure if relevant but it was short after that the problem begin). After that (but not sure if it was exactly after that) when I upload the season and roster to play there is a problem. When the game starts and I go to the settings of the game to choose my defence and offence tactics the same applies for some reason for the CPU team. So far CPU was always at "autoswitch" for defence, now whatever I change for my team it also changes for CPU (for example if I choose "man to man" defence CPU team changes to "man to man" too). This problem presents only when I load the rosters and play at season. I played season many times so far with many different rosters (2005, 2009, 2010, 2011) but I have this problem only the last 2 days. I erase the EA Aiact Blocking fixed + sliders 2.0 and replace it with the old one today but for some reason the problem remains and the problem is on only when I load the rosters. Another example, I loaded the roster and season saw the problem, quit game and season and tried to play exhibition game... the problem remains. I play an exhibition game without load any roster... problem solved. The problem presents when I load any other roster and the season I'm playing. I even erase the whole game (except the season saves) and put it again in my pc the problem remains still. I can't understand why is this happening.

How can i fix this??
dim-3D

Re: weird problem with settings

Postby dim-3D on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:15 am

Ok I checked again, the problem seems to be only with the roster not the season mode for some reason. I have this rosters for some months no idea why suddenly they I have this problem. I upload them from the beginning problem remains still. This is crazy!!
dim-3D

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 am

Try a fresh install of the game.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby dim-3D on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:26 am

Ok this is beyond crazy now... I re-install the game, delete the roster and download them again and I still have the same problem!!!!!!! I don't get it. Only the 2009-2010-2011 rosters seems to be the problem every time. When I tried another roster (for example national teams) everything is ok. The only explanation I can come up with is that the rosters had this problem all along and the first time I somehow fix the problem (From time to time I used some fixes from this site... court fix, sliders, lighting, new ball maybe somehow one of those did the trick) without knowing how and why and I didn't even notice. Apparently I changed something by mistake and now the problem is back. The problem is not only with the settings, even if I let my settings at "autoswitch" and I change the defence tactic from the keyboard the CPU team use the same defence tactic I use every time.

I'm trying the remember everything i did when the problem began some days ago step by step and maybe someone can get a clue about this x-file.

I Played 3 different season mode with every roster that now has the problem. I used the "anim" folder from the "EA Aiact Blocking fixed + sliders 2.0" and the "settings" to replace the old ones (I had already used the "ai" folder alone long ago). As far I can remember I currently had inside the "Realistic_Game_Lighting_v1_Final" the "new ball" long ago and the "cavaliers 2011 court". I played one season game with the '09 roster after that... everything ok. After a day I played a new season game with '10 roster and I noticed the CPU playing really luzy defence for the first time... it was then when I noticed the problem from the settings.
dim-3D

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:50 am

It sounds like the issue is in the roster or settings somewhere. No graphic mod should cause this. Have you tried removing your settings and playing on the default settings to see if the problem occurs? If it still does, then try a different roster. If the problem is fixed with a different roster then the problem is in the roster somewhere. Try to use the same teams each time, too. That will rule out any possible coincidence with team strategies copying each other.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dim-3D on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 am

I tried everything, the problem is with the roster 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11 no matter the team I have. Every other roster I tried... no problem at all (2005/06 and national teams).

The weird thing is that this rosters worked fine for a long time now and suddenly there is a problem for no reason that I can think of. I didn't do anything with the folders contained the rosters, I only messed with the folders I already mentioned in my previous posts.
dim-3D

Postby dim-3D on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Is there any way for someone to put those rosters in here without the art? When I use any of the rosters in here (2001/02, 2005/06 or older) with no art they work just fine. The roster that doesn't work (2008....2011) come together with art as an .exe file I can't separate them. They already exist somewhere but I have no idea how to do something like that or if it even possible.

If you can't put them in the 2005 download section can you tell me if there is a way to separate myself the rosters from the art in the .exe file that I got?
dim-3D

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:45 am

If you're talking about the NLSC roster, there is a "roster only" version available in the Downloads section. It's the one marked "(Roster Only)".
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005