Quick ways to create players?

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Quick ways to create players?

Postby Franswa on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm wondering if there are quick ways to create players without having to launch the game and go to Create a Player menu. For those who wants to make huge mods, it reallys takes time to create about 300 ingame. Is it efficient to overwrite original NBA players through DBF? Did someone tried it out? Or can we simply add players with DBF just like we add teams? I mean, with pressing the Down button at the last line.
While I'm waiting for answers, I will try overwriting method and give feedbacks after...
Franswa

Re: Quick ways to create players?

Postby benji on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:57 pm

You can add players to the players.dbf. But on the later games you have to add them appearance.dbf and other junk as well.

It's actually quicker to create them in game except for the info that you can edit in players.dbf.
benji

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:16 pm

NBA Live 2005 includes appearance.dbf, so you need to create entries there first.

It really would be less hassle free to create players in-game and modify them afterwards as necessary. You could always create the players with their basic bio data, save the roster, modify the ratings in the database and then use Edit Player to force the game to recalculate the overall ratings. Generally speaking, it's best to do as much as you can within the game and only touch the databases when you absolutely have to, ie when editing fields that aren't accessible in-game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Franswa on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks for your answers. I tried the overwriting method and it's OK. I'll try to add entries directly in players.dbf & appearance.dbf later if it's OK too. In fact, for the ratings and appearance details, I just want to copy/paste values with MS Access because I already have the players i want to create on another roster file.
Franswa

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:50 am

Just make sure the entries for players.dbf and appearance.dbf line up in the same order, otherwise you'll find players with the wrong appearance attributes (incorrect skintone, height and weight, etc).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005