Tips for playing on Superstar Difficulty

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Tips for playing on Superstar Difficulty

Postby steelaz305 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:03 pm

What's up ya'll, it's been a while since I've posted on here but I feel this question needs to be asked. Please forgive me if this seems like an outdated topic but I really need some advice. I've been playing on all-star difficulty because the computer plays defense for me when I'm guarding somebody else but I've began to realize this is no longer a challenge for me. I have won six consecutive NBA championships and now I'm bored. I need a challenge.

I like superstar because it's hard but how in the hell are you supposed to play defense. I find that constantly having to switch to every on-ball defender is mentally draining and frustrating. How do ya'll do it? And also what is the best superstar slider set?
steelaz305

Re: Tips for playing on Superstar Difficulty

Postby doktor on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:51 am

haha i have same problem..i think you should often change defensive plays
GO CELTICS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m1SUaAXR5Y It is all about playing with HEART!

My little nba live 08 thread viewtopic.php?f=75&t=79496
Just started live 05 thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=84449
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5830/16567.gif
doktor

Re: Tips for playing on Superstar Difficulty

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:12 am

Try raising the on-ball defense and defensive assist sliders a bit. Even to this day, the hardest difficulty settings on basketball games don't play smart so much as they simply play with an unfair advantage, so sometimes you have to look for exploits and when you really need a win, forego a bit of sim-style play. You might ultimately prefer to go back to All-Star difficulty but tweak the sliders to make things a bit more challenging.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005