VERY screwed up DB files

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

VERY screwed up DB files

Postby jayrobb_9 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:48 am

I'll try to explain this as best I can...

I have been getting rather creative with DB editing, changing the identity of retired players to become current players (ie, Lionel Chalmers has become Mario Chalmers, and so on).

There are a couple where I have used legend players and copy/pasted their details, then edited them to create new players, ie using Julius Erving to create Kyrie Irving. I have a feeling this has created a bit of instability, but I'm not 100% sure.

The big issue I have is deleting players completely from the database. For example, I wanted to delete Curtis Borchardt from the database and assumed that simply deleting his entries from the 'players' and 'appearance' databases would do the trick. Wrong! He is still there lurking around, only now - because his details have been deleted - I can't do ANYTHING with him. In the end I got around this by copy/pasting his details from another roster file.

The big problem I have is with Dominique Wilkins. I had a nostalgia trip and decided to copy one of his entries, give him a new ID number, and put him on the Spurs. To cut a long story short, I tried a few methods to delete him, and now I am stuck with TWO VERSIONS of him, un-touchable, in the free agents bin.

The questions I have are two: 1) How do I go about deleting unwanted players in their entireity? 2) How can I get rid of these two unwanted Dominique Wilkinses I have sitting in my free agents list? I'm quite sure that it is Wilkins causing the well-known crash-when-I-try-to-start-a-dynasty issue.

Sorry for the long post, but countless hours of work has gone into my rosters file (over 80 heavily-modified players) and I really don't want to have to junk it and start again.
Last edited by jayrobb_9 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayrobb_9

Re: VERY screwed up DB files

Postby Dc311 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:01 am

You cant.I had the same issue with the live 08 teamgear.dbf recently.
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby jayrobb_9 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:59 am

So the Wilkinses are just stuck there with absolutely no way to get rid of them?

They must reside SOMEWHERE in the code...
jayrobb_9

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 am

Pretty much. It's best to start over when that happens.

Miscellaneous info on DBF editing (including removing players from the visible rosters) can be found here:
http://www.nba-live.com/nbalivewiki/ind ... n_NBA_Live
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005