remoing hair attachments/braids

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

remoing hair attachments/braids

Postby vanni247 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:54 am

is there a way i can move the girly braids from players like Carmelo and Iverson?

I tried to create an alternate cyberface leaving out the hair attachments, and renaming them [CAANTH_ instead of CAANTHO , for instance] ... obviously that means the portrait doesn't match any more.

I tried creating an alternate portrait to make this work, but i only managed crashing the game. Thats probably because I usually rely on other ppl's portraits, who would use the normal naming strategy.

If you know how to a] remove the hair braid attachments so i can use the normal cyberface name or b] can help me create a portrait for anthony and iverson under a different name ...

...I'd be very grateful!

vanni

ps i've already read and followed the portrait tutorial on the site. didnt work out...
vanni247

Re: remoing hair attachments/braids

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:37 am

You'd need to supply a custom _hair.ebo file, one that doesn't have braids. I'm not familiar with hair/shape file editing so I'm afraid I can't be more specific than that but in broad strokes that's how it's done.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby vanni247 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:13 am

right... where can i find a custom .ebo hair file?

vanni247

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:22 am

You'd have to make one, editing the .ebo file yourself. I can't be more specific than that because I don't know much about .ebo editing.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby vanni247 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:48 am

Right...

Are you proficient at making player portrait files?

I tried following the tutorial but didnt get anywhere. When I download roster updates with player art included they usually work fine.

If you're in an extremely kind mood, would you be able to change the names of a few player portrait files so i can work around the problem? I'd supply the portrait files with the standard names, and all you'd have to do is package them under a different name... replacing the last letter with an underscore (ALIVERS ----> ALIVER_)

Could you do that for me? Would do it myself, but I'm clearly stuck on this issue!

Regards
Vanni
vanni247

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:28 am

Sorry, I don't make portraits.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005