Edit ratings with DBCommander

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Edit ratings with DBCommander

Postby Franswa on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:26 am

Hi gamers!

I just want to know if editing players' ratings with DBCommander may cause problems or bugs. What about the Overall Ratings? Does DBC adjust it automatically when you change some values?

Thank you in advance.
Franswa

Re: Edit ratings with DBCommander

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 am

Overall ratings are not recalculated automatically. You'd need to go into Edit Player, then exit while saving the changes (you don't actually have to make any) to force a recalculation.

Unless you're modifying a Dynasty game though, there's no reason to modify ratings through DB Commander. It's best to edit as much as you can from within the game and only use DB Commander to modify data you cannot otherwise access. Also, while changing ratings is pretty safe, I would always advise having a backup on hand when editing the database files, just in case.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Franswa on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks Andrew!
Yes I always backup every single day because I always find something to edit :D
I asked this question bescause I actually have a problem with Edit Player. It's impossible for me to edit custom players with cyberfaces. Everytime I "open" the cutom player in Edit Player, the game freezes and stay on the loading bar screen. So, to change his ratings in Edit Player, I have to "deactivate" his cyberface temporarly in DBC before launching the game!
I think I didn't have this problem years ago... But now, a custom player is editable in the game only if he have a "pink head" at the moment.

Do you have an idea? what may be the reason of my problem?

Notes:
- The problem concerns only the custom players I've created, not the players created by patchers
- There's no problem with the cyberfaces & portraits in a match/game, the problem concerns only the Edit Player menu
Franswa

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:01 am

No idea, I've never come across anything like that before.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Franswa on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh ! What a stupid mistake ! I forgot to change the FACEID values to -1 in appearance.dbf :oops:
Everything's OK now
Franswa

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Good to hear it was something simple. I'll have to remember that, I was under the impression if you didn't change FACEID to -1 the face patch wouldn't show up anywhere, in-game or in Edit Player. Handy to know that in case someone else runs into the same issue, so thanks. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005