Getting Brent Barry after latest update

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Getting Brent Barry after latest update

Postby MisterHunter on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi,

First of all I would like to say thanks for keeping this game up and running with roster-updates etc. It is really much more fun to start a franchise with current players then with players from a long time ago. But, in the process of keep the rosters up-to-date, one player is lost as a free-agent (one player who was in the original game, including commentary remarkts, pictures etc). Does anyone has a clue to get players back after running the roster-upgrade (to the free-agent pool for instance). In my case it's Brent Barry who I would love to get back this way :-)

Regards and thanks for your help,

Martijn
MisterHunter

Re: Getting Brent Barry after latest update

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:43 pm

That's easy enough to do as I don't remove those players from the database, I just assign them to the Retired pool. Open players.dbf with DB Commander, locate Brent Barry, change his TEAM from 32 to 50, close DB Commander, run the game and re-load the roster you've just edited. Barry will now be available in the Free Agent pool.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Getting Brent Barry after latest update

Postby MisterHunter on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:15 am

Andrew,

I should thought of that myself :-) Working fine now, again many thanks for keeping Live 2005 alive for us.

Regards,

Martijn
MisterHunter

Return to NBA Live 2005