The Official NCAA MOD thread

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Postby yukon2k on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 am

scotty - under '05 questions on the ncaa-mod forum, the last post was dec 17 by me. under '05 announcements on that site, the last post was nov 18, by me. under general stuff, there is a progress report dated january 9th. a lot of this stuff shows completed for a lot of teams in the progress report, but nobody is releasing any files to download.
i'm with you - i waited for this mod in 2005 - then i waited in 2006 - then i waited in 2007. it seems like this mod should be done because all of the artwork probably was completed in '05 or '06 or '07 and it's just the rosters that need updating.
yukon2k

Postby yukon2k on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:15 am

is there any part of this mod ready to download or is it dead again
yukon2k

Postby Kenny82 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:08 am

Damned man, I really think nobody is planning on releasing anything.. Still too bad all that work goes to waste. It's true that a few of us keep nagging, but hey... Why not release it. Of course, it's also possible that none of these guys are even still active...
I think this thread/mod is completely dead now... :(
Kenny82

Postby yukon2k on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:42 am

that's whats so frustrating. i think the artwork for this was done in '05, '06, and/or '07 so i don't know why there aren't any downloads on this. i realize the rosters have to be updated, but that should be the only thing that isn't done
yukon2k

Postby MoJoe879 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:54 am

Dirtdog1 is not dead and neither is this mod! I checked www.ncaa-mod.com and there is progress still being made. Go here for the forums: http://ncaamod.freeforums.org/index.php

If you are interested in this mod, join and let him know. He most likely will not finish and release the mod if not enough interest is shown. Also, he has said that he needs help. If anyone can do portraits, or cyberfaces, etc., please let him know!

Quoted from one of his posts:
I don't get any help, I don't release this mod................I don't know how to say it any nicer.
MoJoe879

Postby arden_05 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:38 am

DirtDog, How is the mod coming along? I see you haven't posted a project report so please let us know how its going.

Also consider this, don't waste any time on cyberfaces. I honestly don't see the point of them as cyberface worthy players these days don't stay in school more than 2 years anyway.

Focus on the rosters, front end graphics, courts and jerseys what more do we need? Honestly I would be happy with just position and numbers and correct skintone ( I don't even need names) fix up the ratings so star players stand out on the court. Its been a long time coming with this mod and honestly cyberfaces and other time consuming useless addons just hold up the release. If people want cyberfaces let someone else do it or add them at a later time.

We are currently in the Sweet 16 and in almost the 3rd year of this mod and no release. Forget all the bells and whistles you (dirtdog1) and other have put in a lot of work for this mod. I'm sure everyone would like to enjoy your mod while the tournament is still going on.

Again thanks for your hard work, awaiting your release.
arden_05

Re: The Official NCAA MOD thread

Postby Scottybasketball on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:02 am

Please help this guy!
http://ncaamod.freeforums.org/new-progr ... n-t47.html

Or else March Madness will again roll around, and we will have no NCAA mod to play with :?
Scottybasketball

Postby Scottybasketball on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Jaosming, Andrew or anyone who is the administrator of this board? I need to ask your advice and want to know what the rule on this topic is.
I don’t know how many of you remember me? I am the guy who was desperately trying to do and complete the D-league mod for NBA Live 08. I also converted a few tattoos for NBA Live 2005 use. I had been away for a few months, and just recently came back to patching, and found out that NBA 2K10 patching is now all the craze. :(

My question is:
I want to release this mod to everyone! :D But it is not mine, but I was not told “hey Scotty release it for me”, but then again, I really wasn’t told not to.
YES! I have this mod. “I mean the whole thing” I will explain to everyone how I got it in a bit, but first I want to know if I will be able to release it here?

As a bunch of you probably are, I am a member of Operation Sports, mainly a downloader and don’t do much posting over there. I have been for almost a decade now. Me and the creator of this mod Dirtdog had chatted over MSN messenger for years and even worked on a NCAA College Football roster together some years ago. When I was working on the D-league roster (which by the way I still have and if I ever get more help I may just finish it) Well when I started work on that roster, I didn’t know where to begin and even how to start a NBA Live roster, so I asked Dirtdog for help with my roster. He kept in touch with me through MSN, helped me a bit with ratings and would always chat with me when he seen me online to find out what my progress was like with the D-league roster.
One day during March Madness last year (2009), I asked him about the mod, this was back when he was releasing his essential files team by team at his NCAA site http://www.ncaa-mod.com, he just gave it to me. He let me download the whole mod, or what it was progress wise last March; with rosters accurate up to the 2008-09 season.
Speaking of the essential files he was releasing, I will re-post those here, because I know those were intended for release, because he had download links at his site for these, before his NCAA forum one day just shut down.
I haven’t spoken to this guy in over a year, I have tried countless times to reach him on MSN and even by E-mail to see if it was Ok to release this mod to everyone here at NBA Live Series Center. No replies back from him, I don’t know if he is dead or just quit and retired for good. The forum that he had for this mod is gone, and I have had no contact with him since last March.
I know it would have been better to ask this permission last month during March Madness, but I wasn’t back around yet. My wish is to release this mod and let some of you die hard NBA Live 2005 players add to it and update the roster for use with the current season and for years to come.
What should I do? It’s been so long that I have had this on my hard drive, and I don’t think he would really mind.

What should I do?
OBAMA in 2008
Scottybasketball

Postby JKers on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:39 pm

hmm.. i seriously don`t know what to say. because i know the rules that if u don`t have the permision u aren`t allowed to release other`s work but maybe u can release the mod giving credit`s to the main creator`s of this patch, but better should here about this from Andrew or other administrator. :? e
it would be realy nice if u could release it and would be realy happy to play this mod and maybe update something in it. :)
Live 05 the best of the best from EAsports
JKers

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:42 pm

Tough call as everyone has their own stipulations and wishes when it comes to their work being re-used and re-released, but in a case where someone is no longer around and cannot be contacted, so long as full credit is given I think it's fine. If an objection is made, then the file can be removed as necessary. That's generally the best course of action in a situation like this; try to contact in every possible way, if you can't get in touch then upload the files with full credit given to the appropriate individual(s) and then monitor the situation based on any complaints or requests from the author(s).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Murat on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:04 am

If Dirtdog was not banned, may be we could have the download link. But not important, people played it in NBA Live 06 because cklitsie worked a lot for that. Does cklitsie banned?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 am

CK isn't banned
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Scottybasketball on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:34 am

Thank you, Andrew for that clarification. Looking through the .rar files and many zips I came up with this. (A .txt file called "Mod Credits") As far as giving credit, NLSC was not even mentioned in it for some reason? But tons of NLSC forum members are, so i don't know what he is going to think if i release it here.

Maybe CK could make this decision easier?

Here is a copy and paste of the credits .txt file that was included with the mod. It was dated 3/29/2009 @9:10pm

So for everyone who feels credit is due; this is how Dirtdog saw it.

All of these people helped out in some way; most are in order of value to the mod:
********************************************************************************************
Dirtdog1- Myself
KD- For his beautiful practice courts, and for letting me convert and use them as a base!!
UltraNIX
Ceekay- Excellent NCAA Live logo and other help
Dotorg- For use of there ftP server and storage space
RSox- Graphic help, some courts and lots of little things as well as gameplay testing.
Just-P Lots of Cyberfaces
********************************************************************************************

Fitzy - Lots of portraits
Mellowman- Start-up and installation coverboy photos
Andreas Dahl- A few court textures
Seushiro for his AiAct
hammertime23
Homeboy478 Some Cyberfaces
{c0nr4d}
Seraph -His Shoe patch
Scottybasketball- Help
byczek- Some updated jerseys and other parts
CHNxiaoju
Samutei- for some portraits use
Looser- Memphis Court
Big J-Rud - Ohio St. Jersey
Misow
Kuttan - A couple of Tats
bchogan
Deathbringer- Some portraits
Lloyd29
dread
indepent8- Some Alternate jerseys
Muzicka-
yanteny
Tie_Shen- some shoes
Vlad-Jam
LSR- Rudy Gay portrait and blank portrait
Fluffy Taco aka El Barto aka xEMMJAYx
Mmort
pepsi-21 Florida Jersey

These guys here contributed with one or more faces: THANK YOU
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Shannon aka Flite_23- Cyberfaces
3th Cartoon
Illuzion
Shock
Killer Crossover aka OG
Spaky
Buzzy
Yao
King James
EW- For his Shelden Williams patch
glen10982
Felix8621
Molholt
Kris
8th Wonder

Anyone else I missed ......sorry

Thanks to all..Dirtdog1
OBAMA in 2008
Scottybasketball

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:52 am

I'd say the patch should be credited to Dirtdog1 et al with the appropriate list of credits included as is.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Zeller on Thu May 20, 2010 5:05 pm

what are you waiting for scotty???
please realese
After NCAA ; FIBA ; Euroleague ------------------>??????????
LNB Live 2013

Zeller
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Murat on Thu May 20, 2010 5:46 pm

Please release that Scottybasketball.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Slash726 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:08 am

Is Scottybasketball ever going to release this patch?
Slash726

Postby Murat on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:20 am

I dont know.
Scotty release!

For everyone!
We wait this for 3 years!
Common!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby byczek on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:01 am

You can play in my patch from 08/09 season, only 8 teams but they looks good.
byczek

Postby Scottybasketball on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Badger- Sorry I am not going to release it anymore.
I got an E-mail from a long time NLSC member, and I don't think Dirtdog would have liked it to be released here.

I did send one of the rosters and a few other files to Lloyd to use in his project.

Sorry again!
OBAMA in 2008
Scottybasketball

Postby JKers on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Scottybasketball wrote:Badger- Sorry I am not going to release it anymore.
I got an E-mail from a long time NLSC member, and I don't think Dirtdog would have liked it to be released here.

I did send one of the rosters and a few other files to Lloyd to use in his project.

Sorry again!

hmm.. i don't understand Dittdog, because why wouldn't he want somebody to re-release his project which is dead now (unactive & unplayable & nowhere to be found) and bring it back to life, and atleast the project wouldn't be dead forever. :? :?
[url]and I don't think Dirtdog would have liked it to be released here.[/url]
and Scootty :lol: why da heck you think that he wouldn't like it to be released again here , where it`s made and all started :?: :?: :lol: :lol:
Live 05 the best of the best from EAsports
JKers

Postby Murat on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Hmm. Why did he make this thread? To afflict people? Or chasing people for "NCAA mod"?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sideshow Bob on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:15 am

IS THERE ANYONE HERE THAT WANTS TO HELP FINISH A NCAA MOD?
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=250
☆☆
Sideshow Bob
Contributor

Previous

Return to NBA Live 2005