Realistic Sliders Thread (All Slider Discussions Here!)

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Postby JP_Frost on Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:50 am

I'm currently using mp3's sliders with some of my own modifications on starter and so far they're great!

Had a couple of games in which me and/or the opponent scored over a hundred, but I also had 89-85 game and a 85-73 game. Good job!

I play 12 minute qrts btw.
JP_Frost

Postby richiehawtin on Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:51 am

Sliders are tought to get right in this game. Im using mp3's with slight modifications (lower user shooting), as I end up scoring 120-130 each game with User shooting set so high, and the comp shoot way too many bricks.

I'm playing with a Suns franchise on Superstar 12min, so scoring should be 100-110 at most.

1 thing I also find is with mp3's sliders if I take a jump shot with the defender anywhere near me, 80% of the time I end up getting fouled as in air colllison is too high.

Anyone come up with a better combo for some of these? Also anyone found good settings for auto subs, so that I dont have my 2nd team on the floor at the 6min mark of the 1st quater.
richiehawtin

Postby JP_Frost on Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:17 am

I lowered the in-air collision to 70 - which works out pretty well. I think that every game should have atleast one player in foul trouble, so that you can exploit that situation and get to the line.
JP_Frost

Postby brad feet on Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:01 pm

Okay after trying all your slider suggestions, I’ve come up with mine. I would say that it’s quite accurate after a couple of games and experimenting. Basically, user and cpu sliders are the same to make it fair, the only difference is the fake-out discipline, pro hop and drop step effectiveness (on cpu’s advantage). The average stats results are:

FG percentage: 40 to 47
3pt percentage: 20 to 40 (depending on team)

And the other stats depends on how you play, if you’ll take smarter shots, run plays and not force the issue you’ll not get blocked, you’ll get your dimes, less turnovers, etc……..

Anyone who’s interested please give it a try and comment whatever negative or positive about the sliders.

So here are the sliders:

KOBELIVE’S SLIDER

Level = All-star
Quarter Length = 10 minutes

Global Sliders

Game Speed: 50
Free Throw Difficulty: 50 to 60
Boundary Force Field: 65
Injury Frequency: 45
Fatigue Effect: 45
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 50 (to make it balance)
Shooting Foul Frequency: 30
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 30
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 60

USER Sliders / CPU Sliders

Steal Ability: 30 / 30
Interception Ability: 20 / 20
Shot Block Ability: 5 / 5 (five seems better than zero, about 4 to 7 bpg, just take smart shots)
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 15 / 15
Freestyle Effectiveness: 45 / 45
Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 10 / 10
Substitution Frequency: 0 / 70
On-ball Defense Assist: 45 / N.A. (just right, not too much defense assist on my cpu controlled players)
Offensive Rebounding: 40 / 40
Defensive Rebounding: 50 / 50
Fake-out Discipline: 90 / 50 (still difficult enough to fake-out the cpu)
Short Range Shooting: 50 / 50
Medium Range Shooting: 50 / 50
Long Range Shooting: 50 / 50
Dunk Percentage: 50 / 50 (sometimes misses fast break dunks)
Lay-up Percentage: 65 / 65 (still misses contested lay-ups)
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 50 / 50
On-ball Physical Defense: 40 / 40 (still difficult to penetrate but just right)
Poor Release Shot Percent: 50 / 50
Double-team Effectiveness: 50 / 50
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 30 / 40
Drop Step Effectiveness: 30 / 40
brad feet

Postby redz on Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:02 pm

are there other settings we need to change? like ingame settings? i can't seem to make the slider work properly...
redz

Postby horry5 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:01 pm

Hi everybody,

is there anybody of you who found the correct substitution frequency for cpu ? As I'm really satisfied with the stats of my games (besides too few assists for cpu) I was just wondering why the hell guys like e.g. Kobe Bryant are replaced after 6 min. in the opening quater - and no - he wasn't in foul trouble that early.

I'm playing 12 min quaters on superstar.

I guess it should have someting to do with Fatigue Effect and Substitution Frequency sliders - or is it just that I have to edit fatigue ratings of go 2 guys for every team ??? Guys like Kobe play about 44 min. a night. In my case they play about 35-39... or even less
Oh - and speaking of substitution frequency - Players with 5 fouls are fouled out for the cpu isn't it ? Anybody found out why they're not coming back the rest of the game ???

Thanks for your suggestions and help
best regards
horry5
horry5

Postby fgrep15 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:47 pm

unicorn wrote:
fgrep15 wrote:
mike879 wrote:i have a question, im not sure if its simple, but ill give it a try...

if we use realistic sliders... then we have starter, all-star and superstar... wats the difference?

i mean if i sure one set of sliders here... then i played all-star... then i switched to superstar.... would it be harder?

thx.

The CPU shoots better on superstar, so you might have to have the shooting sliders down in comparison to All-Star, I think shooting sliders would be the only thing to change, I can't think of anything else.

I got the game on Friday and ive been playing on superstar 12min quarters using fgrep15 sliders for this setting but the cpu has been shooting so many 3's!!
Anyone else got that problem?
Anyway to fix that?

What teams did you play, and about how many have they been taking?

I'll look into it....oh how tendency sliders would help so much :lol:

I'm currently playing 10mins Allstar level, if I am to use a 12min superstar slider what "shooting sliders" should I modify? thanks

Leave the user sldiers, and change the CPU to:

CPU Short Range Shooting: 47
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 50
CPU Long Range Shooting: 47

redz wrote:are there other settings we need to change? like ingame settings? i can't seem to make the slider work properly...

Don't think so??

richiehawtin wrote:1 thing I also find is with mp3's sliders if I take a jump shot with the defender anywhere near me, 80% of the time I end up getting fouled as in air colllison is too high.

You have to turn the shooting foul slider down for this, not in air collision.

Hi everybody,

is there anybody of you who found the correct substitution frequency for cpu ? As I'm really satisfied with the stats of my games (besides too few assists for cpu) I was just wondering why the hell guys like e.g. Kobe Bryant are replaced after 6 min. in the opening quater - and no - he wasn't in foul trouble that early.

I'm playing 12 min quaters on superstar.

I guess it should have someting to do with Fatigue Effect and Substitution Frequency sliders - or is it just that I have to edit fatigue ratings of go 2 guys for every team ??? Guys like Kobe play about 44 min. a night. In my case they play about 35-39... or even less
Oh - and speaking of substitution frequency - Players with 5 fouls are fouled out for the cpu isn't it ? Anybody found out why they're not coming back the rest of the game ???

Thanks for your suggestions and help
best regards
horry5

It's working fine for me right now, but just play around with it, and you should get a satisfyable level.
CP3 | Brand | Arenas | Calderon
Raptors | Wizards | Clippers
fgrep15

Postby brad feet on Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:45 pm

after 20 games, i still think the field goal percentage is high so i've lowered the short, medium and long range from 50 to 45. i've lowered the dunk v.s. lay-up sliders from 10 to 5 also because i still got bibby dunking on traffic. anyone give it a try and comment appreciated.... tnx...

kobelive2005 wrote:Okay after trying all your slider suggestions, I’ve come up with mine. I would say that it’s quite accurate after a couple of games and experimenting. Basically, user and cpu sliders are the same to make it fair, the only difference is the fake-out discipline, pro hop and drop step effectiveness (on cpu’s advantage). The average stats results are:

FG percentage: 40 to 47
3pt percentage: 20 to 40 (depending on team)

And the other stats depends on how you play, if you’ll take smarter shots, run plays and not force the issue you’ll not get blocked, you’ll get your dimes, less turnovers, etc……..

Anyone who’s interested please give it a try and comment whatever negative or positive about the sliders.

So here are the sliders:

KOBELIVE’S SLIDER

Level = All-star

Global Sliders

Shot Block Ability: 5 / 5 (five seems better than zero, about 4 to 7 bpg, just take smart shots)
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 15 / 15
Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 5 / 5
On-ball Defense Assist: 45 / N.A. (just right, not too much defense assist on my cpu controlled players)
Short Range Shooting: 45 / 45
Medium Range Shooting: 45 / 45
Long Range Shooting: 45 / 45
Lay-up Percentage: 65 / 65 (still misses contested lay-ups)
On-ball Physical Defense: 40 / 40 (still difficult to penetrate but just right)
brad feet

Postby bEndoes on Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:25 am

Yo fgrep - I'm experiencing a similar problem of certain players not playing a similar amount of time as to what they play in the real L.

Am lucky to have Stevie Franchise play for 30 minutes in my games.

KG plays 35 with my mate's team, and same with TD for my third housemate.
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit.
bEndoes

Postby truSt on Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:59 am

Which sliders are the best for All-Star? Cuz there are a lot of them in here :P
truSt

Postby Yao McGrady on Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:15 am

Im playing with mp3's sliders and its very good. im playing on AlllStar, only 8 minutes (I dont have enough time to play 12 min.), and typical score is 110- 100, for me , of course. :lol:
Yao McGrady

Postby Username123 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:46 am

Yo fgrep15 i used ur sliders and they were the most realistic ones i have tried...eventhough i only played 1 quarter with ur sliders, i saw realistic stats. I dont have enough time to play 12min quarters so could any of u make sliders for 7 or 8mins?????
Username123

Postby matmat8 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:46 am

Im using Fgrep also, they're pretty good (Y)
Andrew, when are you going to post the sliders you are using?
matmat8

Postby SkipToMy_Lou on Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:55 am

Despite the many requests here is another one :D

I've decided to start a 6 minute quarter dynasty, as anything higher will be too time consuming for me. Can anyone recomend some sliders for me ?

so 6 min quarters on superstart are my settings, and I need some realistic sliders.
SkipToMy_Lou

Heavenly,s SuperStar 9 min Sliders

Postby Heavenly on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:10 pm

First of All sorry for the ALL CAPITALS posts. Its just the way I,ve been writing on my work for the last five years.

Now. These are my sliders and have worked great for my Heat Dynasty with no excesive rebounding.

It,s logical that if you turn down all shots and play 12 minutes your gonna get a lot of rebounds. Thats the reason I play only 9 minutes. Whit these Sliders the PPG is like 92 and Shak has like 14.5 Rebs at the end of the Season. And it doesn,t take like an hour and a half to play a full game.

HEAVENLY,S SLIDERS

Level = Super-star
Quarter Length = 9 minutes

Global Sliders

Game Speed: 45
Free Throw Difficulty: 60 to 70
Injury Frequency: 40
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 60 (to make it balance)
Shooting Foul Frequency: 25
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 70

Steal Ability: 50 / 40
Interception Ability: 50 / 50
Shot Block Ability: 50 / 0 (Its not that easy to block jumpshots)
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 15 / 0
Freestyle Effectiveness: 55 / 50
Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 25 / 25
Substitution Frequency: 52 / 60(Personal Preference)
On-ball Defense Assist: 50 /40
Offensive Rebounding: 40 / 50
Fake-out Discipline: 100 / 50
Dunk Percentage: 45 / 45
Lay-up Percentage: 75 / 50
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 65 / 45(Just to justify the quantity the CPU makes)
On-ball Physical Defense: 55 / 45
Double-team Effectiveness: 100 / 40(Really, User Dbleteams dont cause a thing. I, ve only made 1 steal out of a dbletm in a 82 game season.
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 50 / 50
Drop Step Effectiveness: 50 / 50

Remember this depends on the team your playing with.

You can see that shooting sliders are the same for user and cpu. I think lowering the CPU more than User would be cheating the game and reducing difficulty. Reduce shooting % by playing good defense.
Heavenly

Postby horry5 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:49 am

Allright - for those of you having problems with on-court-appearance of team's superstars I tried out a little.
I set down Fatigue Effect to 43 which works very well for me. Guys like Kobe, T-Mac, Steve Franchise, Zach Randolph and so on play around 44-46 minutes which is quite realistic.
Of course this just happens in case they're not in foul trouble.
Talking about foul trouble it brings me to the only gameplay-problem I still have. cpu-players with five fouls are gone for the game it seems.
Maybe somebody found an accurate slider position for that....

Should mention that Substitution Frequency is set to 50 and that I'm playing 12 min. on superstar level.

Whole lotta thanks
horry5
horry5

Postby fgrep15 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:29 am

Allright - for those of you having problems with on-court-appearance of team's superstars I tried out a little.
I set down Fatigue Effect to 43 which works very well for me. Guys like Kobe, T-Mac, Steve Franchise, Zach Randolph and so on play around 44-46 minutes which is quite realistic

44-46 minutes is too much, no one in the NBA plays that many minutes anymore, Kobe and like Iverson would play about 41-42 minutes, and those other guys about 37-40 minutes a game, maybe increase it to about 46 or 47.
fgrep15

Re: Heavenly,s SuperStar 9 min Sliders

Postby brad feet on Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:21 pm

hey you took my format...... :lol: it's ok....... your steal settings is too high and most of your sliders are on user's advantage. you're going to have a lot of turnovers on both sides. and you give yourself a 50 on block shots... it's way too high. anyway these are just my comments, if you feel like your ok with your sliders then i have nothing against it. why dont you try my sliders, almost everything's equal and some are on cpu's advantage. it's tough at first but if you get used to it.... i'm going to post my final version later.....

Heavenly wrote:First of All sorry for the ALL CAPITALS posts. Its just the way I,ve been writing on my work for the last five years.

Now. These are my sliders and have worked great for my Heat Dynasty with no excesive rebounding.

It,s logical that if you turn down all shots and play 12 minutes your gonna get a lot of rebounds. Thats the reason I play only 9 minutes. Whit these Sliders the PPG is like 92 and Shak has like 14.5 Rebs at the end of the Season. And it doesn,t take like an hour and a half to play a full game.

HEAVENLY,S SLIDERS

Level = Super-star

Global Sliders

Steal Ability: 50 / 40
Shot Block Ability: 50 / 0 (Its not that easy to block jumpshots)
Offensive Rebounding: 40 / 50
Dunk Percentage: 45 / 45
Lay-up Percentage: 75 / 50
Double-team Effectiveness: 100 / 40(Really, User Dbleteams dont cause a thing. I, ve only made 1 steal out of a dbletm in a 82 game season.

You can see that shooting sliders are the same for user and cpu. I think lowering the CPU more than User would be cheating the game and reducing difficulty. Reduce shooting % by playing good defense.
brad feet

Sliders

Postby richiehawtin on Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:26 pm

Another thing with Sliders, I find setting the game speed to 48/49 is a lot better then 40, as its too sluggish at that speed.

12min qtrs with fgrep15's sliders Im now putting up 130-140 a game, comp 115-120, sitting on 10-2 record with Suns.

I could play better D, but I find because I score so high the comp keeps up and no matter if I have 2 players all over some of their shooters, they go on fire to catch up and hit everything and my turnover count starts rising as the comp steal their way to a comeback.
richiehawtin

Postby brad feet on Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:38 pm

okay for those who want to try, my final version of sliders.
realistic stats, not so many turnovers, not so many blocks, players who are not supposed to dunk in traffic is fixed.
So here are the REVISED sliders:

KOBELIVE’S SLIDER(FINAL VERSION)-revised 26 Dec 2004

*NOTE: Revisions are marked BLUE

Level = All-star

Global Sliders

Shot Block Ability: 2 / 2 (changed from 5 to 2, about 4 to 7 bpg, just take smart shots)
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 5 / 5(changed from 15 to 10, then to 5)
Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 3 / 3 (fixed the small pg's dunking on traffic, change from 2 to 3)
Lay-up Percentage: 57 / 57 (changed from 65 to 60, then to 57)
On-ball Physical Defense: 47 / 47 (changed from 40 to 45, then to 47)
Last edited by brad feet on Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
brad feet

Postby rEdHoBBeS on Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:19 pm

which sliders are the best for around 5-9 minute quarters on allstar mode?
rEdHoBBeS

Postby Yao McGrady on Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:59 am

CAn you tell me why im making over 110 pts by a game with sliders for 12 min qtr? cause im playing just 8 min qtr... Am I so fantastic :cool: or what?
Yao McGrady

Postby fgrep15 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:40 pm

Yao McGrady wrote:CAn you tell me why im making over 110 pts by a game with sliders for 12 min qtr? cause im playing just 8 min qtr... Am I so fantastic :cool: or what?

You play to fast, look at you shots attempts per game, if they're more than about 88 shots per game then you've found the problem, most people don't like to slow things down and take their time, so you can't complain about high scores if you do that.
fgrep15

Postby brad feet on Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:23 pm

why dont you try my sliders, and let's see if you still make 110 pts or more. if you do, then you're fantastic or whatever.... :D

Yao McGrady wrote:CAn you tell me why im making over 110 pts by a game with sliders for 12 min qtr? cause im playing just 8 min qtr... Am I so fantastic :cool: or what?
brad feet

Heavenly,s Sliders

Postby Heavenly on Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:36 am

Thanks for the Advice Kobey.....

I actually play defense with all players and not stand down waiting to block shots with a ceter or forward but i now lowered the blocking cause i,m moving better defensively

HEAVENLY,S SLIDERS

Level = Super-star

Global Sliders

Steal Ability: 40 / 40
Shot Block Ability: 10 / 0 (Its not that easy to block jumpshots)
Offensive Rebounding: 15 / 50
Defensive Rebounding: 50 / 60
Long Range Shooting: 50 / 50
Dunk Percentage: 50 / 50
Lay-up Percentage: 60 / 50

Is it me or dbleteams don,t cause a thing when you call them???????
Heavenly

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 2005