Realistic Sliders Thread (All Slider Discussions Here!)

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

CPU Shots from half court

Postby Liveguy7 on Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:17 pm

There is no way to adjust half court shots. The only thing that you can adjust for cpu is short, medium, and long range shooting. Besides, they only make full to half court shots like 2% of the time.
Liveguy7

NBA LIVE Sliders recommended for everyone

Postby Liveguy7 on Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:18 pm

Below are recommended slider ratings for NBA LIVE 2005. I find that with these slider ratings on an 8 minute quarter length, you can have a fair, exciting game. The cpu does not cheat with crazy blocks, steals, and shots. The game plays smoothly. I do highly recommend playing on superstar because computer plays much smarter here than on all-star. I have done alot of research getting these sliders to come out right. Check it out.

Level: Superstar (Recommended Level: I find computer plays smart on superstar only)
Quarter Length: 8 mins (Good quarter length that is not too long or too short)

Global Sliders

Game Speed: 55 (Game runs just right with this rating)
Free Throw Difficulty: 40 (You can relax a little if player is good at free throws)
Boundary Force Field: 50
Injury Frequency: 10 (How many injuries do you really see during a game?)
Fatigue Effect: 50 (Creates good substitution frequency)
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 40
Shooting Foul Frequency: 30 (If any higher, too many fouls when taking jump shots)
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 25
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 40

User Sliders

User Steal Ability: 30
User Interception Ability: 5
User Shot Block Ability: 10 (This allows user and cpu to take proper jump shots without getting blocked unnecessarily)
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 30
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 30
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 30 (This eliminates the game being played too much like a street ball dunk fest)
User Substitution Frequency: 50
User On-ball Defense Assist: 40 (If any higher, too conjested; can't breathe when moving around court)
User Offensive Rebounding: 0 (Eliminates user and cpu getting too many offensive rebounds; games still suffers with this)
User Defensive Rebounding: 100 (Alleviates problem with players not getting enough defensive rebounds)
User Fakeout Discipline: 100
User Short Range Shooting: 60 (On superstar, you can make shots with this rating)
User Medium Range Shooting: 60
User Long Range Shooting: 50 (Fair rating for this)
User Dunk Percentage: 75 (How many dunks are really missed in a game?)
User Lay-up Percentage: 75 (How many layups are really missed in a game?)
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 50
User On-ball Defense: 40
User Poor Release Shot Percent: 50
User Double-team Effectiveness: 50
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 50
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 50

CPU Sliders

CPU Steal Ability: 30
CPU Interception Ability: 5 (This eliminates problems with user constantly getting intercepted by cpu way too much)
CPU Shot Block Ability: 10
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 30
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 30
CPU Dunk Frequency: 30
CPU Substitution Frequency: 50
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 0 (Alleviates problem with players not getting enough defensive rebounds)
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 100 (Alleviates problem with players not getting enough defensive rebounds)
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 100
CPU Short Range Shooting: 55 (Any higher than this, cpu will never miss)
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 55
CPU Long Range Shooting: 50
CPU Dunk Percentage: 75
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 75
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 50
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 75
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 40
CPU Poor Release Shot Percent: 50
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 50
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 50
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 50
Liveguy7

Postby ijbl on Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:15 pm

I have played some games with kobelive2005 sliders, but changed the setting from Allstar to Superstar, and nothing else. I have been having some very enjoyable, tough games. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a challenge with a decent game speed.

Kobelive2005, you recomended that the dunk rating be increased for superstar. I would say no, leave it. On superstar dunks are limited down, to an almost realistic NBA level (I would need more games to confirm this). Obviously the game is much more fast paced than real NBA but thats why it is so enjoyable.

Once I have played more games I will post the stats. I am finding 9 minutes quarters best.

Regarding DWIGHT HOWARD:

I had him in a previous franchise using FGREP sliders, and he was so good I had to trade him. I would say quality post players kind of kill the game, I prefer to play with a guard orientated team, it just makes it more fun. Try Kobelive2005 sliders, but play superstar instead of allstar, I am getting very realstic shooting percentages and tough games.
ijbl

Postby brad feet on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:34 pm

ijblpacers wrote:I have played some games with kobelive2005 sliders, but changed the setting from Allstar to Superstar, and nothing else. I have been having some very enjoyable, tough games. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a challenge with a decent game speed.

Kobelive2005, you recomended that the dunk rating be increased for superstar. I would say no, leave it. On superstar dunks are limited down, to an almost realistic NBA level (I would need more games to confirm this). Obviously the game is much more fast paced than real NBA but thats why it is so enjoyable.

Once I have played more games I will post the stats. I am finding 9 minutes quarters best.

Regarding DWIGHT HOWARD:

I had him in a previous franchise using FGREP sliders, and he was so good I had to trade him. I would say quality post players kind of kill the game, I prefer to play with a guard orientated team, it just makes it more fun. Try Kobelive2005 sliders, but play superstar instead of allstar, I am getting very realstic shooting percentages and tough games.

glad you like 'em.... i actually set those for superstar before but i find that the cpu cheats a lot at superstar, but yes the cpu is much smarter.... yes it's very tough to play my sliders at superstar but you'll still win some games if you focus but definitely my sliders will get you off your seats.

you mentioned on your previous post that you won easily at all-star level, it's because teams performs randomly, sometimes you'll have a blow-out win and sometimes they'll blow you out, then sometimes it's really very close. if you set them at superstar, it would be so intense that when you're done playing and you loose, you'll not stop playing until you win...

it's also tougher if you use them in dynasty mode, that's why i'm playing at all-star level first when i started my dynasty. right now i'm 4-2 in my dynasty in all-star difficulty and i'll be shifting to superstar if i find it easy to win.....

enjoy and be sure to have your towel with you for your sweat...... :lol:
brad feet

Postby ijbl on Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:37 pm

Could not agree more, I have started playing my dynasty, with the Cavs, and every possesion at both ends of the floor is a war. Playing with 9mins a quarter, Superstar, I will post stats (and any slider adjustments, should I make any) once I have played a decent amount of games- it can be draining though!

Regarding the sliders on All-Star, I obviously should have run a few more games before I posted, I was just very disapointed with the nature of a very easy blowout.

Great sliders, I appreciate it, you have made the game a whole lot better! (Y)
ijbl

Postby munky0705 on Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:14 am

andrew,

i downloaded your latest roster update,have you export the data to a file that's easier to read, without all the unnecessary data for a text roster update.i remember that you said that u can do that.if its not included in your last roster update,can u please email me the file at munky0705@yahoo.com

tnx for the roster updates and more power...

btw,do you have any changes in your sliders that you posted?especially the dunk vs layup,kobelive suggested it to be 3
munky0705

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm

I haven't done it yet, but I will do. As soon as I do, I'll let you know.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Liveguy7 on Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:22 am

For the slider ratings, as long as you have the stealing, interception, and offensive rebounding at a low number on the superstar level, the game will play great. Also, the user control should have their shooting ratings up to at least 60 or 65 to make baskets comfortably. If you play on any level below superstar, you might as well sell the game back in shame because you are winning your games in vain. I have noticed that playing and winning on superstar is more gratifying because you work for the win. The superstar level is a piece of work if I may add. With the proper tweaking, you can get a great game going with computer on the superstar level, which is something I have never really had in past nba live's. If you haven't gotten my recommended ratings, here they are below:

Level: Superstar (Recommended Level: I find computer plays smart on superstar only)
Quarter Length: 8 mins (Good quarter length that is not too long or too short)

Global Sliders

Game Speed: 55 (Game runs just right with this rating)
Free Throw Difficulty: 40 (You can relax a little if player is good at free throws)
Boundary Force Field: 50
Injury Frequency: 10 (How many injuries do you really see during a game?)
Fatigue Effect: 50 (Creates good substitution frequency)
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 40
Shooting Foul Frequency: 30 (If any higher, too many fouls when taking jump shots)
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 40

User Sliders

User Steal Ability: 30
User Interception Ability: 5
User Shot Block Ability: 10 (This allows user and cpu to take proper jump shots without getting

blocked unnecessarily)
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 30
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 30
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 30 (This eliminates the game being played too much like a street

ball dunk fest)
User Substitution Frequency: 50
User On-ball Defense Assist: 40 (If any higher, too conjested; can't breathe when moving around

court)
User Offensive Rebounding: 0 (Eliminates user and cpu getting too many offensive rebounds; games

still suffers with this)
User Defensive Rebounding: 100 (Alleviates problem with players not getting enough defensive

rebounds)
User Fakeout Discipline: 100
User Short Range Shooting: 65 (On superstar, you can make shots with this rating)
User Medium Range Shooting: 65
User Long Range Shooting: 50 (Fair rating for this)
User Dunk Percentage: 75 (How many dunks are really missed in a game?)
User Lay-up Percentage: 75 (How many layups are really missed in a game?)
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 50
User On-ball Defense: 40
User Double-team Effectiveness: 50
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 50

CPU Sliders

CPU Steal Ability: 30
CPU Interception Ability: 5 (This eliminates problems with user constantly getting intercepted by

cpu way too much)
CPU Shot Block Ability: 10
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 30
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 30
CPU Dunk Frequency: 30
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 0 (Alleviates problem with players not getting enough defensive rebounds)
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 100 (Alleviates problem with players not getting enough defensive

rebounds)
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 100
CPU Short Range Shooting: 55 (Any higher than this, cpu will never miss)
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 55
CPU Dunk Percentage: 75
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 75
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 50
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 75
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 40
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 50
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 50
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 50
Liveguy7

Postby Kassiewijle on Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:15 am

These are my slider setting for a realistic box-score AND gameplay.

Here below a summary of major changes. Way below the survey of all ratings.

*** MAJOR CHANGES ***

Game Speed: 80

For a realistic box-score you have to put this one on 30, but it's not a realistic gameplay. 100 is real live, but to fast for good realistic passing game.

Due to this game speed you will creat enormous box score numbers. In real live NBA players are forced to use more shotclock time to create an attempt to score. In this game 1 simple screen good be sufficient to creat a score attempt.
To adapt to this problem, you should play only for 7 minutes. And due to this, you should lower you foul-out rating to 4.

Fatigue Effect: 50

Your are allowed to use your starplayer almost the whole 48 minutes.

In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 80

User Shot Block Ability: 0
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 0

Blocks MUST be set to this rating. Otherwise way to much blocks in this game!

User Substitution Frequency: 0

Put this rating at 30 if you want to substitute your players somewhere at 30% of his fatigue bar.

User Offensive Rebounding: 0
User Defensive Rebounding: 0

No rebounding skills by numbers, only by positioning yourself well on the court.

User Medium Range Shooting: 75

To allow the player to try more 'open' 2PT attempts.

User On-ball Defense: 99

Finally, the effort of good defense will be rewarded. Realistic gameplay to stop the penatration to the middle, but it won't give you much steal.

User Double-team Effectiveness: 80

This will increase the speed of the double team effectiveness. It gives some really realistic fast steals by double teaming.

CPU Steal Ability: 55
CPU Interception Ability: 70

Not paying attention to the CPU controlled defense will cause a turn over!

CPU Shot Block Ability: 0
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 0

Don't worry. You will get blocked!

CPU Substitution Frequency: 30

With somewhat 30% of there fatigue left, they will get substituted.

*** COMPLETE SURVEY ***

GLOBAL:

Game Speed: 80
Free Throw Difficulty: 65
Boundary Force Field: 60
Injury Frequency: 50
Fatigue Effect: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 55
Shooting Foul Frequency: 25
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 18
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 80

USER:

User Steal Ability: 35
User Interception Ability: 35
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 45
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 25
User On-ball Defense Assist: 50
User Offensive Rebounding: 0
User Defensive Rebounding: 0
User Fakeout Discipline: 50
User Short Range Shooting: 55
User Medium Range Shooting: 75
User Long Range Shooting: 55
User Dunk Percentage: 50
User Lay-up Percentage: 50
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 65
User On-ball Defense: 99
User Double-team Effectiveness: 80
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 18

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 55
CPU Interception Ability: 70
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 40
CPU Dunk Frequency: 40
CPU Substitution Frequency: 30
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 0
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 0
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 50
CPU Short Range Shooting: 50
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 50
CPU Dunk Percentage: 50
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 50
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 60
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 50
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 99
CPU Poor Release Shot Percent: 66
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 80
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 70
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 70
Kassiewijle

Postby paseo85 on Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:46 am

what level do you play on.
paseo85

Postby aRH+ on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:06 am

I tried both Andrew's and kobelive's sliders and I always get high scores.
I play 6min. qtrs and I score about 50-60 points a game. I set the game speed to 45 but nothing changes. I always score high. (I'm not playing the whole game with fast-breaks) Is there another option to lower the score? I want realistic scores like 40-45 ppg. :cry:

Sorry for my bad English btw.
aRH+

Postby brad feet on Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:37 pm

aRH+ wrote:I tried both Andrew's and kobelive's sliders and I always get high scores.
I play 6min. qtrs and I score about 50-60 points a game. I set the game speed to 45 but nothing changes. I always score high. (I'm not playing the whole game with fast-breaks) Is there another option to lower the score? I want realistic scores like 40-45 ppg. :cry:

Sorry for my bad English btw.

50-60 pts is just right for 6min quarters, if you want to score 40-45, just try increasing the cpu's on-ball physical defense or decreasing all the shooting sliders.... hope that helps....
brad feet

Postby Rokas[LTU] on Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:30 pm

What does Boundary Force and On-Ball Deffence Assist do ?

The will to death is what keeps me alive...
Rokas[LTU]

Postby Sonic98 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:08 am

zaniac07 wrote:Could someone plz give me the best sliders (realistic...like they play in the real NBA) for the difficulty level of starter... :lol: i know im kinda lame playin on starter but its just fun to me. :oops:

I find starter more fun and realistic simply because the post game is better. It seems like on starter it's more based on what the players ratings are. But I wouldn't mind a realistic game on all-star.

But I do like most of the sliders out there. I think the amounts are different, but ther are a few general ideas when sliders are made:lower blocks, low game speed, lower steals and interceptions. Personally I like the idea of raising medium and short range shooting. I mean we all know the medium range game is not as good as it should be in this game and big time post men miss too many inside shots on the higher levels. I think raising those two would help.

I EA would add mass rating editors like the used to have in Front Page Sports football. IT would make it easier to say lower everyone's block rating by 10. That would be cool. Ofcourse I don't know why EA didn't fix this. They knew bout the block problem they could have lowered everyone block rating by 5 in one of those updates. It shouldn't be that hard. If so they need to create tools for themselves that would make it easier for them to edit ratings like a mass editor and a special version that lets them have as many players on a team as they want for example.
Sonic98

Postby Yessie on Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:49 am

i think with andrew's sliders and if you play 12mins on superstars the way it should be play you will get realistic scores. 8-)
Bizzy Bone-

"Gotta give it on up to the glock glock
Pop pop, better drop when them buckshot blow
The bone in me never no ho, so no creepin up outta the ziplock So sin, sip gin, and lil' mo heart run up, nut up And flipped in."
Yessie

Postby Mr_Poo on Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

SLIDERS

Difficulty: Superstar
Minutes: 5 - 6

GLOBAL

Game Speed: 36 - 37
Free Throw Difficulty: 69
Boundary Force Field: 65
Injury Frequency: 50
Fatigue Effect: 47 - 48
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 99
Shooting Foul Frequency: 35
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 99

USER:

User Steal Ability: 24 --> makes you average 1 - 2 steals per game
User Interception Ability: 9 ---> may have 1 or 2
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 40
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 40
User On-ball Defense Assist: 50
User Offensive Rebounding: 15
User Defensive Rebounding: 25
User Fakeout Discipline: 50
User Short Range Shooting: 50
User Medium Range Shooting: 50
User Long Range Shooting: 50
User Dunk Percentage: 50
User Lay-up Percentage: 50
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 5
User On-ball Defense: 36
User Double-team Effectiveness: 75
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 22

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 19
CPU Interception Ability: 14
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 45
CPU Dunk Frequency: 40
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 15
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 25
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 50
CPU Short Range Shooting: 50
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 50
CPU Dunk Percentage: 50
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 50
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 5
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 5
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 25
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 80
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 60
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 70

You would probably average 30 - 40 points a game atleast. If you dont like how the shooting is, then just simply change the percentages for both USERS and CPU to you're own taste or the adjusted shot frequency and shot percentage for CPU and yours. I just lowered them because i hate the way Yao Ming or Shaqueel can adjust their shots some how, which i've never seen them do in real life.
Last edited by Mr_Poo on Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Poo

Postby Wormy10 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:45 pm

Please dont get angry for this being off-topic but

Mr. Poooo!!!! ^

Kinda like Mr. Hankey :lol:
Wormy10

Postby Mr_Poo on Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:49 pm

Wormy10

Please dont get angry for this being off-topic but

Mr. Poooo!!!! ^

Kinda like Mr. Hankey

the piece from Sh!t from SP :?:
Mr_Poo

Postby Wormy10 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:51 pm

Yup
South Park sucks though (N)

By the way I wasnt trying to be a dickhead by saying that up there
Just like the name :lol:
Wormy10

Postby Sonic98 on Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:05 am

You know it would be nice if they let you save different savings sets like they do different rosters. I'd personally like to have one set of sliders I use against CPU and one when playing humans head-to-head. Or at least have 3 or 4 built-in slider sets like you have different rosters. 2 or 3 of the most popular ones could those sets. And when you do it yourself it would be listed as custom: default, ricky patt's sliders, mr. slam's sliders, and custom. These are just examples ofcourse.
Sonic98

Postby Filip on Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:44 am

Andrew's sliders works great (Y)

QuarterLenghts: 12min
Style: Simulation
Shotcontrol: CPU
Substitution: On (50)
CPU assistents: Off
Sliders: Andrew's
Roster: Andrew's
Game: Houston Rockets (user) VS Los Angels Lakers (cpu)

1st quarter stats

Halftime stats

Key players @ half

3rd quarter stats

Final game stats

Team stats

Team stats, part II

Team stats, part III

Shot display Houston Rockets

Shot display Los Angeles Lakers

Player of the game

Player of the game, part II

Player stats, Houston Rockets

Player stats, Los Angeles Lakers
Filip

Postby Heavenly on Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:12 am

I,ve noticed that the speed Rating thing depends on your PC speed. I was playing on PS2 for the past months and had to use a speed of 46. Now on my new Dell Inspiron 8600 with 128mb of video I play on 53. The speed also depends on the detail settings. With higher detail settings the game runs a bit slower. I am lucky. I play with good speed at maximuk detail on my laptop.

Look at these ratings

User:

Off Rebs: 0
Deff Rebs: 35

CPU:

Off Rebs: 75
Deff Rebs: 100

And still I get like 25 Off rebs a game.

The Cpu get like 8 or 10 (Pretty realistic) Sometimes they get 20 or 15 but average like 10

I try not to use the tip ins cause then I abuse the off rebs.
Heavenly

Postby shaq34 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:48 pm

Filip wrote:Andrew's sliders works great (Y)

QuarterLenghts: 12min
Style: Simulation
Shotcontrol: CPU
Substitution: On (50)
CPU assistents: Off
Sliders: Andrew's
Roster: Andrew's
Game: Houston Rockets (user) VS Los Angels Lakers (cpu)

1st quarter stats

Halftime stats

Key players @ half

3rd quarter stats

Final game stats

Team stats

Team stats, part II

Team stats, part III

Shot display Houston Rockets

Shot display Los Angeles Lakers

Player of the game

Player of the game, part II

Player stats, Houston Rockets

Player stats, Los Angeles Lakers

what difficulty is andrews sliders for
shaq34

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:56 pm

All-Star and Superstar.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby paradizecityz on Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:06 pm

yes Andrew's sliders work great, but I still think there should be a lil tweaking so I used them as base and tweak them a lil more and check out the stats im getting in my dynasty, you can check it out at
http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic20909.php
paradizecityz

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 2005