NBA live 2005 errorcode

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

NBA live 2005 errorcode

Postby Gonzalo on Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:51 pm

HI,

I have been playing this game for 17 years on different computers and never had problems with the installation and activation. This is a new computer for this game (but not an actual new computer if it matters) and after mounting the 2 CS's the installation ended as usual. Here, I might did a mistake and before even trying to open the game, I tried (for the 1st time ever) to install a patch, by extracting the files and copying them to OriginDB folder in the installation folder and not the saves (because I didn't have any saves).
I changed the compatibility to Win XP SP3 (and the Win 7) and ran it as an admin, but I kept getting this error:
CODE BASE ERROR

Error#:-935
Error#:94001
Null Input Parameter unexpected
d4field

I uninstalled it, went to Regedit and looked for "EA sport" and "NBA LIVE" and removed whatever I could find. Restart, and installed again, but still the same thing. I went over the forums here and they mention that it might be related to modifications to the Appearance.dbf file, but I would assume that fresh installation fixed that. Even tried installing other update patches that may overwrite this file but nothing helps (tried a few patches).
Can someone help please? what can I do? BTW, I am using the same installation files for years and never encountered a problem with it.
This is the computer setup:

Device name irrelevant
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 20.0 GB
Device ID irrelevant
Product ID irrelevant
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Display adaptor: Nvidia Geforce GTS 450

Pleas help me!! I love this game
Gonzalo

Re: NBA live 2005 errorcode

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:23 pm

Basically, never copy custom rosters to the origdb folder. Always let the game create the save folder with a new installation, or create it manually/copy it from a backup; the game will recognise it if you do.

As far as the CODEBASE error, restore the original files in the originaldb folder by copying them from the CD. Check to see if there's anything in the currentdb folder in your NBA Live 2005 data folder. If so, delete all of those files. The game will refresh that folder as necessary, but if there are corrupted files in there when it launches, crashes are almost guaranteed.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005