Andrew's Updates | Replay Fix - NBA Team Logos Bootup Screen

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Re: Andrew's Updates | New 2012 Season Rosters (June 12th)

Postby Dc311 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:43 pm

You obviously did not read his post when you already had asked.

Andrew wrote:My intention is to continue the roster updates, though I can't set a date in stone at this time. I will try to keep everyone informed of the status of future updates as best I can.
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby Source on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 am

Dc311 wrote:You obviously did not read his post when you already had asked.

Andrew wrote:My intention is to continue the roster updates, though I can't set a date in stone at this time. I will try to keep everyone informed of the status of future updates as best I can.

He may have forgot, and I'm just wondering whether or not he's actually planning on doing one for the beginning of the season or waiting til the end.
Source

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Yeah, I haven't forgotten. It's a little hard to forget when people continue to hound me about the updates when I've repeatedly asked not to be pestered about them.

I have explained the situation very clearly, multiple times. I am also very serious when I say that if I continue to be pestered about the updates, I will be pulling the plug on them, because after all these years I'm getting just a tad fed up with it. No more, please.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel
Andrew
Handing out unfair buns since 2001
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | Roster News

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Just to reiterate, I do intend to release new rosters for the season that's just tipped off. I'm currently aiming to have them out by the end of November, but am calling upon the community to please help out with art updates. To that end, I'll try to get an updated list of required art compiled and posted soon. More info can be found in this bulletin:
http://www.nba-live.com/update-on-curre ... e-2005-08/

Thanks again for your support and patience. Once again, I do appreciate that folks are anxious for the rosters but I do ask that you don't bug me about them as it just makes the whole process that much more of a chore. As I said in the bulletin, most folks have been pretty good about that so far, which I really do appreciate. "By the end of November" is about as specific as I can be for the moment, when I get a bit closer to the release I'll probably offer up a more specific date. Stay tuned!
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Emor on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:43 am

Always grateful for your continuing support! Can't wait :)
Emor

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:35 pm

Here's a progress report which I've just posted on the main page:

I know a fair few people are still waiting on the 2012/2013 season roster updates for NBA Live 2005, NBA Live 06, NBA Live 07 and NBA Live 08, so I wanted to give you all a quick status update. I had hoped to get the rosters out by the end of November, however that unfortunately proved to be unfeasible as a myriad of other things ultimately got in the way. I am therefore officially pushing them back at least a couple of weeks, however I am still working on them and intend to release them as soon as I possibly can.

To give you an idea of the current status, there are still players to create and some ratings I’d like to update, however all players who were in the league last season are on their correct teams, years pro have been updated and everyone who wasn’t a free agent this past offseason has up to date contract information. I’ll continue to get everything up to date in that regard in between my other responsibilities, however I do need help with current art updates. You can find a list of currently required art updates here in the Forum; please note I also need some help in converting jerseys for use with NBA Live 2005 and NBA Live 06, so if you can lend a hand there, that would also be appreciated.

Thank you once again for your continued patience and understanding. I hate to have to delay the rosters further but I do have matters that are more important and therefore must take precedent. A few people have gotten a bit antsy and I do appreciate your enthusiasm for the updates, however I must ask again that I not be pestered about the release as if the rosters do become too much of a chore, I’m going to have stop doing them. I’ll try to keep you all posted on the status of the updates in the coming weeks, as I get closer to a release.

Once again, you can find that list of required art here:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=89526
Andrew
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | Bobcats Logos, NBA Bootup, Roster New

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:36 am

I'm continuing my work on the rosters, however here are two standalone releases that will also be included in the rosters once they're out: an updated NBA team logos bootup screen with the new Charlotte Bobcats and Brooklyn Nets logos, and updated in-game logos for the Charlotte Bobcats. I released the Brooklyn Nets logo update a few months back, please see the first post in the thread for the link.

NBA Team Logos Bootup Screen 2005

DOWNLOAD

Charlotte Bobcats 2012/2013 Logo Patch

DOWNLOAD

Stay tuned for further updates on the rosters, their eventual release and perhaps a couple of other releases in between. :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby fanste on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:40 am

Hey Andrew, great job creating all the mods, can't wait for the 2013 one to be released, nice too see that some people still enjoy playing old games. I have a few questions, 1.In Live 05, the headbands of some players are very wide, almost like their head, can i fix that ? , and 2. i recently installed the 2011/12 mod, works perfectly, but every time i load an earlier saved dynasty and simulate one day, it exits the game and a database error pops up, why? Keep up the good work, hope the new mod comes up soon i'm out :D
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:35 am

1. Usually that's an issue with the headshape/headband file. I don't do any work in that area, so I can't really offer any advice on how to edit those files.

2. I believe that one's covered in the readme file (I'll have to check, if not I'll add a note about it) but that's a known issue with custom rosters in NBA Live 2005. If you re-load the rosters then re-load your Dynasty save, it should work properly without any database errors.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby fanste on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Well, thanks for the info, one more thing, is there any way i can assign crossover moves and alley-oops(slam dunk) in Live 05?
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:10 am

What do you mean by assign them?
Andrew
Administrator

Postby fanste on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:46 pm

Well, i can't perform them using a keyboard, only on a joystick, but i dont have one with the axis'.So i want to assing them to one of my buttons on a keyboard if possible.
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:03 pm

No idea, sorry. I've been using a dual analog gamepad since NBA Live 2003 came out.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby fanste on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:56 pm

I tried a little experiment of my own to do that, and i came up with a temporary solution.I opened(or is it opend, my english isn`t perfect) the configs folder in NBA Live 05 in My Documents, and the i found the KEYBOARD file, i opened that using notepad and then i typed in this
bind K_(any key you want) RYAXISCHANGE, and you can do that multiple times and assign crossovers to any button but that ain`t it, players just do the same thing every time, no matter which button i press :| Thanks again, how is the new 2013 mod going, is there still a lot of work to do??
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 pm

A release is not imminent, if that's what you mean. I realise you're keen for the rosters but I really must ask that you don't ask for progress reports; at this point I'm more than a little fed up with being hounded about them, I'm beyond being burned out on doing the rosters and have come very close to pulling the plug on them altogether. The enjoyment is pretty much gone for me, so I really don't know how much longer I'll be doing them beyond the update I'm hoping to get out as soon as I possibly can.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby fanste on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:02 am

Not trying to push it or nothing like that, i know that you don`t have to do this, we can just buy new computers and new games, i realy and deeply respect the work that you are putting in to this, just because there is still guys like you and your team in the world that are making these mods, games will never die. R-E-S-P-E-C-T i`m out :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
fanste

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:21 am

Appreciate it. If all goes well I'll be able to deliver the rosters soon. If I can post any progress reports before the release, I will.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby fanste on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:14 am

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS THE NLSC :bowdown2: :bowdown:
fanste

Postby fanste on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:18 am

What can you tell me about the constant crashing of Live 08? After 30 mins. or so, or if i am playing dynasty mode and i enter the assistant category the game crashes.The same thing happens for pirate versions and my original, can i fix that!?
fanste

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 am

We won't help you with pirated games - discussing them is strictly against the rules and grounds for an immediate ban - but there are various reasons for crashes with legitimate copies that are covered in a stickied troubleshooting thread in the NBA Live 08 section. My release thread for NBA Live 2005 is not the place to ask about stuff like that, please see the aforementioned stickied thread for more info on how to troubleshoot crashing issues.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:31 am

Here's the latest status update on the current rosters, a note about future releases and some previews of some bonus content, with special thanks to Dc311 and bayag:
Latest Update on 2012/2013 Rosters for NBA Live 2005-08
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Emor on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:31 am

Thanks for the update, can't wait :)
Emor

Postby fanste on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 am

Just wanted to thank you for all the work you have put in this and how much you have sacrificed to create these new mods, massive respect to you and to all the other guys that worked with you on this, i hope that you keep up the good work, and if you do decide not to create any more mods, respect to you again, you have already given everything you could. Thanks for everything man, :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
fanste

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks, I very much appreciate kind words like that. :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby fanste on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 am

A quick question, i really like that some players in Live 08 have their own shot animation, is there any way to insert that in Live 08 ?? P.S. I would play Live 08 if my damn computer had a good enough graphics card to support the game, i mean i see the players and everything, but i don`t see the court :|
fanste

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:38 am

No, we can't add signature jumpshots to individual players in NBA Live 2005.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:10 am

I may or may not make a main page post about this, but just to give everyone an update: at this point, everyone who needs to be in the rosters has been added and it's just a matter of updating the lineups as of the day before the update goes live. All-Star and Rising Stars Challenge rosters have also been updated. Now it's just a matter of updating some ratings and salaries, getting all the art into place, polishing a few things up and putting it all together, then doing the conversions for 2005-07. In other words, right now we're on track for a release by the end of this week. :)

A HUGE thanks to everyone who has helped out with the art so far. It's very much appreciated, the rosters are obviously coming out much later than I intended or would've liked, but your fantastic work and support has encouraged me to get it done. I still don't know whether I'll be continuing the rosters beyond this season - we'll cross that bridge in a few months time and I'll see what arrangements can be made depending on what I decide - but in the meantime, with your contributions, I'm hoping to deliver a great roster that proves to be worth the wait. (Y)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Emor on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:33 am

That's great news! Thanks for the update :)
Emor

Re: Andrew's Updates | Coach Face, Rosters Coming

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:02 am

Here's a new update while we get closer and closer to the release of the rosters. I made it for NBA Live 08, but it will work for NBA Live 2005-07 and will also be included in the rosters when they come out.

Lindsey Hunter Coach Face Patch

Converted from his player face for NBA Live 08.

DOWNLOAD
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Andrew
Administrator

Postby fanste on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Is it possible to create a mod that will give players their shot animation in Live 06 and 05, i like the way that it was done in Live 08, but since my computer is old (came out in 2007) i can only play Live 06 and 05??
Good work so far on all the mods, keep it up, PEACE :D
fanste

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:22 am

Nope. Only NBA Live 08 supports different shot animations for individual players.
Andrew
Administrator

Re: Andrew's Updates | 2012/2013 Rosters Out Now!

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Finally, the wait is over! :)

NLSC Current Roster Update for NBA Live 2005 v6.0 :new:

:arrow: NLSC NBA Live 2005 Current Roster Update
:arrow: NLSC NBA Live 2005 Current Roster Update (Roster Only)
:arrow: Roster Patch Age Fix 2005

Key Features of v6.0

• 2012/2013 Season Rosters accurate as of March 31st, 2013
  • Player ratings updated for more realistic performance
  • Primacy ratings updated for better shot distribution
  • Player positions and data updated/corrected
  • Cyberfaces and portraits for missing players
  • East/West All-Stars Updated for All-Star Weekend 2013
  • Rookie/Sophomore teams Updated for All-Star Weekend 2013
  • Player Accessories Updated
  • Contract & Salary Info Updated
  • Seattle Supersonics changed to Oklahoma City Thunder
  • New Jersey Nets changed to Brooklyn Nets
  • Logos, courts and jerseys updated for the 2012/2013 season
  • Fixed Shoes
  • Fixed Legends Ratings
  • Coaches Updated
  • Team USA 2012 Added
  • Dream Team & Dream Team III Added
  • Second 90s All-Stars team added
  • Final 2008/2009 Season Rosters
  • Final 2009/2010 Season Rosters
  • Final 2010/2011 Season Rosters
  • Final 2011/2012 Season Rosters
  • Individual Team Jerseys for the Rookie Challenged Fixed/Updated

Thanks again to everyone for their patience, as well as all the talented patchers who made contributions. There will be a couple more updates for this season (the rosters are outdated by a few days at this point due to delays caused by conversions); as far as updates next season are concerned I'm still undecided, and can't make any promises, but I'll keep mulling it over and make arrangements as necessary.

In any case, please enjoy the new rosters! I hope they'll be worth the wait. ;)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Emor on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:30 am

Sweet! :D Thanks a lot!! :bowdown:
Emor

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:18 am

You're welcome. :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby vincenttrieu on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Hey Andrew,
I need help.
I just fresh installed Live 05, and installed p05v60.zip and the agefix05.
The game still crashes when i try to load the game with error appdata.
I'm running windows 7 64bit with framework, direct x, and everything updated.
Do I need to install any other updates to make it work?
Same thing happens with nba live 08 2012-2013 rosters you released too.
Thanks,
Vincent
vincenttrieu

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 am

Nothing the rosters do would cause that, sounds like it's more an issue with Windows. You can try running the games with the various compatibility settings (Windows XP SP3 should be fine) or if that doesn't work, download Windows XP mode from Microsoft.com and install/run the game under that.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:55 am

this, is, fantastic

as always, (Y)
phpBB [video]

2K Modding Tutorials - My YouTube Channel

JaoSming
Guru
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 am

Cheers. :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:55 pm

I did some videos after a few weeks of hiatus, so terrible commentary and gameplay, but the update is still top notch (Y) (Y)

http://youtu.be/us-olIi6Iro
phpBB [video]

http://youtu.be/Vz6R12laPQo
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]

JaoSming
Guru
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 pm

Awesome, thanks for the review. :) Looks like I forgot to update Dwight Howard's ORIGTEAM, so it still announces him as being from the Magic. Noted that as a fix for v6.1. :oops:

If you do an 06 review, you should play a little with the Dream Team and Team USA 2012. I'm pretty pleased that with Dc311's help on the conversions, I was able to get them into all the roster updates and not just NBA Live 08. :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:33 pm

no problemo (Y)
phpBB [video]

JaoSming
Guru
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Check out Episode #36 of the NLSC Podcast for an announcement on the future of the updates:
http://www.nba-live.com/nlsc-podcast-episode-36/
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Plokite_Wolf on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:50 am

Just downloaded this and I have to say that you, sir, are out of this world :bowdown:
This is certainly a refreshment, as I'm kinda used to scavenger hunts with mod pieces for other sports games. Can't wait for your next update!
Plokite_Wolf

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks. :) Hope you enjoyed the show, too!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Marx94 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:38 pm

The patch, the way you packed it all up in a simple install, just...awsome, no words, congrats :) The only problem i found was that T. Thompson is a ghost/he is invisible/doesn't exist (although it's really funny to watch the ball bounce by itself), while playing the rookie challenge (all-star weekend). I didn't check if he exists in the Cavaliers Team (haven't played with them yet), but I'll still ask, is there a way to fix this "ghostly" appearence? :lol: Oh, and a bit of an off topic, I know it has been asked millions of time (I looked into all the tutorials, preety much mumbo-jumbo to me :( ), but how do i add a portrait to my in-game created player (myself), or better yet, where is the plyrprts file for created players located (I'm trying with the NBA Portrait Editor, so i need the .big file), and is it even possible to do such a thing? Sorry for the long post, I kinda dragged it out :? :D
Marx94

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 am

No idea why or how that's happening, so I can't suggest any solution. He definitely shouldn't be invisible and he's on the Cavaliers' roster.

Portrait updates in the roster are distributed as .big files which can be found in the sgsm folder, so you could take one of those and edit it. There's also the plyrprts.viv file in the fe folder (which actually would be the one from NBA Live 08 if you're using the NLSC roster); you can open that with the EA Graphics Editor to extract the .big files.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Plokite_Wolf on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Marx94 wrote:The only problem i found was that T. Thompson is a ghost/he is invisible/doesn't exist (although it's really funny to watch the ball bounce by itself), while playing the rookie challenge (all-star weekend). I didn't check if he exists in the Cavaliers Team (haven't played with them yet), but I'll still ask, is there a way to fix this "ghostly" appearence? :lol:

Make a backup of your NBA Live 2005 folder in My Documents and reinstall. Maybe your antivirus blocked the setup at one point of the installation, so you might consider deactivating it temporarily, too.
Plokite_Wolf

Postby Marx94 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Tnx for the response guys :) Just one more question, maybe an off topic but, what influences the way a player dunks during the game? For example, some players have those "hard" two hand dunks, like they are trying to rip of the rim (awsome :) ), while some have those ugly tomahavks (levitating, like they have the force or something). So, is it their height, weight, the way they are built (cut, lean...), or is it a matter of ratings, or maybe their position on team? Tnx, cheers :D
Marx94

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:04 am

DUNKPACK.
Andrew
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 2005