help: creating a roster

Discussion about NBA Live 2004.

help: creating a roster

Postby elsie_girl on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:01 pm

can anyone teach me how to create a roster of NBA Live 2004? and i can i have permission of Sir Andrew ... i want to use his latest roster of Live 08 as a base.
Mavs Fan since 2001
elsie_girl

Re: help: creating a roster

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Sure you can use it, but keep in mind that converting it is going to be difficult, as there are a lot of differences in the databases and NBA Live 2004 did not separate player data into appearance.dbf and players.dbf; it's all in the one players.dbf file, so you're going to combine those two files from NBA Live 2004.

Creating a current roster update basically involves:

1. Move players that are in the game to the correct team.
2. Add players that aren't in the game, placing them on the correct team as well.
3. Edit ratings, jersey numbers and other player attributes accordingly.

It's a good idea to do as much as you can from within the game itself. The less time you spending messing around in the databases, the less chance there is of messing something up. You should only edit the game externally when you need to change data that isn't accessible from within the game, such as a created player's draft information.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby elsie_girl on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:56 pm

What tool can i use Sir?
Mavs Fan since 2001
elsie_girl

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:22 pm

DB Commander is a safe tool to use when you need to access the databases directly. As i said, you should do as much as you can from within the game, using Create-a-Player and other roster management screens.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2004