How do I apply this Jersey Update pack?

Discussion about NBA Live 2004.

How do I apply this Jersey Update pack?

Postby bowdown on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:47 am

http://download.nba-live.com/index.php?act=view&id=2346

Mel_Fox_76's patch has files that I cannot figure out which folder to put them in. I saw somewhere that I have to put them in C:/render/xteam but I think I need EA Graphics Editor for it.

Can someone give me a link to EA Graphics editor because the main one is showing 404 error. Btw that is how I am supposed to implement that patch right?
bowdown

Re: How do I apply this Jersey Update pack?

Postby Mel_Fox_76 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Hey man!
It's easier. If you have downloaded my whole patch http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=73209, there shouldn't be open questions. I named the folders so that eb only needs to copy (+overwrite) the files to the right place.
There are just 3 important folders:

1. Savegame/rosters/birthIDs in \my documents\NBA Live 2004
2. CFs/jerseys/courts/... in \GAMEDIR(for example c:\programs\NBA Live 2004)\render
3. logos/screens/... in \GAMEDIR(for example c:\programs\NBA Live 2004)\renfe

After you've overwritten these files, everything should be fine!

I was watching the game between NO and Miami. Chris Paul was almost killing the three by himself. :-( But he really earns some respect. Everybody is talking about Kevin Durant in the MVP question. After the first 5/6 games per team the favourites should be Derrick Rose, KB24 and CP3...but still season is just beginning.

Enjoy my files!

C ya

Mel
:roll: The password always is my name. :roll:
Mel_Fox_76

Postby bowdown on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Thanks bromance.

EDIT: OK, so I have only put in my game the C:/render and C:/renfe patch files from you.

Is using files from only these 2 folders of your patch going to screw up my game play or dynasty mode in any way?
I only copy/pasted the Render and Renfe folders, nothing else.

BTW all the art looks really good so far
bowdown

Postby Mel_Fox_76 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Everything depends on what you like to have... contents of render and renfe folder will change visual things, BUT there is a problem: At the end, the roster file is a connection between visual things and the place where they are working, for example, a cyberface can only be used if it's 'selected' in the roster file (=players.dbf). I didn't add cyberfaces. I substituted the originals. For example, Travis Best's cyberface has been changed to Dwight Howard. When using original or just inside the game changed players.dbf file (in my documents\NBA Live 2004\saves\'in one of the savegame folders') with my .viv files, consequently Travis Best will have a body, attributes, etc. like Travis Best, but a face like Dwight Howard! That's why it only makes sense to use the cyberfaces, when you are using my savegame file OR when you know how to use DB Commander, the software to change .dbf files. The third option would be to use EAgraph to extract single files like trbest_.viv out of xplayer.viv to import them to your own xplayer.viv. In this case, of course, you still need to use DB commander to get Dwight Howard in your game... to fullfill the options you can use the custom art method instead of EAGraph, but it doesn't change the noted problems. Moreover you need EAGraph to extract single files out of a .viv file.

Easiest way still is just overwriting files like described. Since the CFs are connected to players the usage of your own savegames with my files of render folder without using DB commander doesn't make sense. There would be many players with wrong faces (or you could say right faces with wrong bodies, names, etc.). Moreover some jerseys would not be at the right position and headband colors won't fit the patched jerseys. Finally, the 'Seattle Supersonics' would play in in the Oklahoma City Arena;-)
That's how it is

By the way: I don't think you have installed NBA Live 2004 directly to your c partition. So copying and overwriting only makes sense, when you select the place of the game files! (Not c:\render________________________look where your game has been installed like c:\programs\NBA Live 2004 or where it is...)

Plus I don't understand what you mean with screwing? It's not a car that's driving faster after tuning;-) No, the game will be more simulation like than without the patch (for example less blocks!!!) and names, courts, player attributes, team Oklahoma City Thunder, etc. will be much more realistic and up to date (end of 2009-2010 season!!!). The dynastie mode still works perfectly (except selecting Charlotte Bobcats --> not working). In season mode all teams can be used (need to add Charlotte in a division with a free spot when starting the mode). Otherwise there are still just 4 divisions like it was in 2003. Consequently NBA season will have unrealistic 86 games (when adding Charlotte), but who cares? Only mode that's limited is the playoff mode. There, you cannot change the teams. I don't know how to fix that bug:-( But all in all the important things are really good working.

C ya

Mel
:roll: The password always is my name. :roll:
Mel_Fox_76

Return to NBA Live 2004