The offseason in dynasty mode

Discussion about NBA Live 2004.

The offseason in dynasty mode

Postby rudogg33 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:14 am

THis needs 2 be fixed

free agents- there should be restricted free agents, Contract negotiations, similar to 2k3 Hetells u his range and u make an offer. The salary cap should be fixed, teams should be signing great players but should also be trying 2 get under the cap. Thats basically it.

draft- second round steals, Also scounting reports should be better, If a player could shoot the 3, he should have a good 3pt shointing, etc. If the draft is strong the 10-15 good players should come out of it(no matter whre they are drafted) Some kinda predraft camp should be put in, but u could only workout 10 players, like that cant abuse it. You should have the regular practice, 1 on1. Maybe there could be a an actual camp where instead of u playing with them, u could watch the game(that would be the chicago camp) and the players u work out is the indavidual workouts.

also..after u should have a camp where u can bring in free agents and the rookies(summer league) and play in an 8 team tourny depending on the region. So if u the were the wizards, u could bring in young guys like dixon kwame and blake along with freeagents like rafer alston, workout(practice) and play the tourney. Also after u offer the rookies a contract on a scale for rookies. Also u do not have 2 sign second round picks, so if blake didnt perform or u didnt like him he doesnt have 2 be signed.

the rest is fine
trades- less trades, it should be real hard 2 trade a tim duncan in his prime. Blockbusters should happen like once a season and if its a lucky season 2-3 blockbuster deals. Also trading should be allowed during the draft. There should be preaseason where u can have freegents play tring 2 make the roster, then cut them or sign them before the first game.

U should be allowed 2 practice during the season 2 on off days(user option) Practice could be used 2 run plays with cones, and scrimage,practice freethrows, play 5 on 5, 1 on 1, like that u work ur post moves..etc.

This is really my wishlist.......this would satisfy me.
rudogg33

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:21 am

It would also be great if Dynasty Mode's offseason used Metsis' idea of being calender-based. That way, signing free agents could be an on-going process.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby DoubleA on Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:04 pm

playing on this idea, from rudogg

"Maybe there could be a an actual camp where instead of u playing with them, u could watch the game(that would be the chicago camp) and the players u work out is the indavidual workouts. "

Instead of maybe watching the games, coz i dont think many people would want to sit through a half an hour game, or watever, and not control anything. How about just getting a round-up of stats, at the end of the camp, or being able to send scouts to the camp itself (ala Championship Manager) It works great it that game, and theres no reason why it cant in an NBA game.
DoubleA

Postby rudogg33 on Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:13 pm

a calender based off season would be nice, these are just ideasi just want the complete package....a perfect dynasty has always been a dream......i dont really care for classic teams)although its nice, i spend my time aon franchise mode.

Also u know how marchmadness is working with live, i wish we could have used all four years..........Like after we finish our first season we use the seniors, when we finish our second season we use the sophmores, etc.....this would cover four more seasons so, with 10 seasons you still have recognisable players.
rudogg33

Postby Metsis on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:21 am

I would be happy with this much "scouting" was added to the rookie draft.

You wouldn't have to send out your scouts anywhere, but at the start of the season you would have to set a budget for scouting and based on that budget you'd get additional reports of rookies in the rookie draft.

The additional reports: Would consist better information on the rookies that are likely to drop to your position. Like if you were ranked #1 overall there would be an additional report of guys that are projected late first round -> early second round.

What these reports would actually have: Is a few recommendations on the guys or maybe some sort of a strength factor attached to the strengths and weaknesses. On a scale from Excellent to Extremely Bad.

You'd see the normal strengths and weaknesses and you'd see these extra ratings based on your scouting level. So you'd have more of a feel for the players that are more likely to fall to your pick.

Or the report could just include a list on names that the scouts recommend at your pick. Regarding your teams strengths and weaknesses.
Metsis

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:56 am

While an in-depth report on your team's needs and the draft in general would be nice, I could settle for a good scouting report of each generated rookie and a list of players that would be good selections.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2004