Simulation feature needs to be improved

Discussion about NBA Live 2004.

Simulation feature needs to be improved

Postby Full Surface on Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:29 am

The current simulation feature for NBA Live 2003 is way too predictable. The better team usually wins in simulation (it doesn't even matter with the home advantage percentge).. I haven't read Tim's interview so I don't know if he mentioned this. But everytime I simulate a game, I end up losing or winning by 1 or 2 points. How about some realistic scores here? I mean there are cases in which a team wins by 1 or 2 points but not every game actually. They need to fix up this simulation mode and change the outcome scores to like 110 to 79. I played with the Heat and I lost to the Mavericks using simulation by 2 points. That was pretty wierd because I know that Dallas can basically crush Miami anytime (plus it was the opening game too so Dallas had all their good players with no one traded, released, or injured).
Full Surface

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:02 am

Sometimes simulated results will yield blowout scores, but it's very rare. I agree that some changes need to be made to the simulation engine, mostly regarding results and statistics.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2004