Halftime Report & Other

Discussion about NBA Live 2004.

Halftime Report & Other

Postby daplace2be on Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:07 pm

I feel there should be a more detailed halftime report. There should be highlights (similar to fifa 2003) of the half and post-game highlights aswell. Also, Marv and Bill Walton could have their say on what happened in the half.

Also, play of the game would be good.
daplace2be

Halftime report and some more

Postby celticslegend33 on Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:04 pm

I think that's a good idea. Going back to EA Sport's Lakers vs. Celtics days, I still remember viewing halftime reports and clips from EA's reporters.

Addressing gameplay is still the main issue. On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt us having our halftime report every now and then. The halftime report would consist of the following:

1. Scores from around the NBA
2. Highlights from other NBA games that same day
3. Players head-to-head comparisons from your game
4. Top scorers, rebounders, and etc. from your game
5. NO NEED FOR CHEERDANCERS! :lol:
6. Trades and free agents signings for the past 3 days
7. Injury reports during the day, if any
8. Possible trade speculations

Some of them could help assess game performance from your players, some of them could provide you tips on which players to trade for after the game.
celticslegend33

Re: Halftime report and some more

Postby maltre on Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:36 pm

celticslegend33 wrote:I think that's a good idea. Going back to EA Sport's Lakers vs. Celtics days, I still remember viewing halftime reports and clips from EA's reporters.

Addressing gameplay is still the main issue. On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt us having our halftime report every now and then. The halftime report would consist of the following:

1. Scores from around the NBA
2. Highlights from other NBA games that same day
3. Players head-to-head comparisons from your game
4. Top scorers, rebounders, and etc. from your game
5. NO NEED FOR CHEERDANCERS! :lol:
6. Trades and free agents signings for the past 3 days
7. Injury reports during the day, if any
8. Possible trade speculations

Some of them could help assess game performance from your players, some of them could provide you tips on which players to trade for after the game.

those are all great idea's, really I support them.
But if EA wants that in the game, they'll probably have to rewrite the whole game AGAIN. I'm not 100% sure of this, but here we go: when you play your game, the others are simmed. By simulating the rest, they just do some calculations with the stats (that's why Iverson ALWAYS leads the league in scoring, unless your player does of course). So if we want highlights of other games, scores of other games (this can be done i think) ... they should rewrite the game where the games are actually played on a very fast speed. Impossible ?? No. Impossible for EA ? Probably, we're talking of a company that brought NBA Live 2003 on the market for god's sake :lol:

Greetz,

maltre
New Knicks4Life Design
maltre

Postby SiLk on Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:29 am

People need to stop sayin like fifa2003..When they could just say highlights like NFL Fever 2003..Cuz at the end of the game they give you a lil recap..But in the situation it would be highlights at halftime then at the end of the game highlights from the whole game!
SiLk

Postby mp3 on Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:20 am

yer, like madden nfl 2003 you could have a reporter on the sidelines giving you the inside story, injury reports and things like that. i would also like to see more info about other games been played instead of just a final score
mp3

Return to NBA Live 2004