Scrambling for loose balls - makes the game less fast-paced

Discussion about NBA Live 2004.

Do you think adding SCRAMBLE/TIPS will make the game better?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 2

Scrambling for loose balls - makes the game less fast-paced

Postby celticslegend33 on Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:33 pm

Please, guys. If you stop requesting those visual-dependent (or whatever you call it, you still get the point anyway) wishes, maybe... just maybe, the guys at the EA Sports could finally focus more on the gameplay aspect of NBA Live.

One reason why I find the game fast-paced? Field goal percentage too high! (Yeah, like everybody here doesn't know that.) You can't do much about it since you'll start griping if you can't get your shots to fall down.

However, why can't they add SCRAMBLING FOR LOOSE BALLS or TIPPING FOR REBOUNDS part of NBA Live? It could run the clock some more and therefore, make the game seem longer. It should not be or happen with every play, of course, but only through random events wherein bunches of players can't seem to have complete control of the ball.

(ie. players barely able to reach for the ball will sometimes tip it out of bounds carelessly.)
celticslegend33

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:26 am

A good idea, but I think the main reason the game is so fast is simply the fact the CPU players play at lightning speed.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby celticslegend33 on Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:22 pm

That can't be helped, Andrew. Regardless of what people requests in the next Live version, game speed SHOULD be slowed down as well.

I just thought this could help in some sort. Like they always say in EA Sports, "If it's in the game, IT'S IN THE GAME!" Very well then, maybe it should be in the game, huh? :wink:
celticslegend33

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:40 pm

Certainly, but I believe the only way NBA Live 2004 will be completely slowed down will be if the CPU doesn't play at lightning speed. I'm sure I don't need to go into any more detail than that, we all know how fast Live 2003 is.

As far as your idea goes, it would be further improvement to the rebounding issues that were somewhat fixed with Live 2003 (offensive rebounds more difficult than defensive rebounds, fewer of them), and would better utilise rebounding ratings. Players with higher ratings would have less problems tipping the ball to themselves or their teammates (a la Dennis Rodman), while poorer rebounds would bat the ball to an opponent or out of bounds. Players with better ratings would also have a greater chance of grabbing the ball rather than batting it away - though depending how random that was, it might become annoying.

Nevertheless, I agree it would make rebounding better. I don't think it would slow the game down significantly, but it would be a good feature. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2004