No votes
No votes
No votes
20%
20%

Total votes : 5

READ & REPLY

Postby jumpman2g on Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:31 am

1)hey, how about adding the jump stop move to the freestyle controls? instead of one or two layups where the player jumpstops, add the ability to jump stop at one's will, allowing for much more moves. Players shoot jumpers off of jump stops too. This will eliminate the annoying dunks from 13 feet from the basket while standing still. Make players come up short if they jump stop the layup from too far away.

2)Add all the textures to the create a player screen, I've been searching too long for how to add dreads to my created players

3)NBA Live should not be the last EA Sports product to include sliders in the game. Especially with all the complaints of the game speed/steals/blocks, this is essential.

4)The Return of create a team is long overdue.(Allow for patcher input of graphics or do it Madden Style)

5)Allow MP3's to be put in the game Madden Style (Make folders for intro music, in game, front end, etc.) EA TRax is only nice for so long. Who wants to listen to the same 10 songs for months.

6)Add more hairstyles and remove obsolete ones (who really has platinum blue hair?) Plus add an orage haircut that acutally looks human. The hairstyles with the hair hangin off their heads looks good, but more could be added. I know nash's hair is tough to make but it looks like he's wearing a yamaka(<-excuse my spelling if that's wrong).

7)STOP MAKING FADED JERSEYS! It seems as though the graphics guys like tony-x and yohance should get paid more than the Live graphics guys. Let's keep it real, only about 3 teams change uniforms or courts each year, most of the jerseys are the same since live 99. If the jersey's had some color and some texture, there'd be no need to patch.

8)Take advantage of the new technologies that are happening. New GeForce cards being released should result in changes to Live. If the new cards allow for swinging hair and players being able to sweat then it should be in Live. Don't be overconcerned with older PC's, some can't afford a new pc but that's what low res is for. Make maximum detail REALLY mean maximum detail.

9)Please expand the management features of this game. Just because the NBA 2K series has gone arcade, then thats that, don't imitate a competitor that's actually losing to you. Fatigue automatically set to off? Auto subs always off? I want NBA Live not NBA Jam. Offseason moves need more detail, and just like madden one should be able to skip each part if they don't want to. And cut this porting from the PS2 version. The menu management is made for PS2. Cut the lazy, or just make a revolver thingy like madden.

10)BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, ADD A COMPREHENSIVE CREATE A PLAY FEATURE. IT WILL AT LEAST TRIPLE THE GAMES REPLAY VALUE, AND OLD PLAYERS/COACHES WOULD LOVE TO RUN THEIR OWN PLAYS. THE PLAYS DON'T HAVE 2 BE SUPER COMPLEX (IE. MOTION READS), JUST AS FUNCTIONAL AS THE OTHER SETS (BUT HAVE SOME CONTINUITY AS AN OPTION, IE 5 DOESN'T HAVE TO BE AT THE 5 SPOT, HE AND THE 4 CAN SWITCH PLACES AND THE PLAY STILL RUN). DEFENSIVELY AS WELL, MAN, ZONE, AND JUNK ZONE VARIATIONS SHOULD BE CREATED (IE 1/2 COURT MAN, TRAP ON THE BASELINE & CORNERS, OR PURE 1-3-1 ZONE, SINCE THERE'S MORE THAN JUST THAT BASIC 1-2-2 ZONE IN THE NBA)
These updates are long overdue and are what makes the difference between the 8-9 rated games (what Live's een getting recently) and the 9-10 games
jumpman2g

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 26, 2002 6:29 pm

I like the idea of sliders to globally control gameplay (from arcade to true sim)...or in lieu of sliders, just slowing down the gameplay. Live 2003 can be fun, but it's too fast to play a truly realistic game of basketball without tweaking the ratings or really forcing the CPU to slow it down (which is much harder than in previous Lives).

I'm also for expansion of Franchise Mode. Little things like the MVP Watch and Upcoming Free Agents are a good start, and I'd be glad to see more of those features added to the game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2004