Yes, it is the best, and it's even better. The Tim Duncan of roster patches continues it's journey to greatness. The Most Detailed and Deepest Roster Update has been updated again...
Updates in version 1.04:
- Current rosters updated as of January 9th, 2004
- Corrected positions based on starting lineups and for better sub patterns
- 95.7% of all player ratings have been updated
- A bunch of bums created using the crappy create player the game has
- Chicago and Washington's team set changed to Motion
- Frank Johnson replaced with Mike D'Antoni (face resembles him, but generic speech)
- Added '87 Lakers, '89 Pistons, and '96 Bulls to go with '92 Bulls and '95 Rockets (Currently there is a five team limit)
- Dennis Rodman player update (by Tony) included so he has his tatoos and wacky hair
- All numbers corrected
- Hand corrected: Adrian Griffin (HOU, Right to Left); Stacey King (92CI, Right to Left)
- Recommended Patches: Tony's Legends Updates, '95 Houston Rockets Patch
- Salaries and Salary Cap updated to the real life ones (you will need to start a new dynasty to get the new salaries)
- Sliders (at the end of this file)
- Team sets so teams play like they should
- Scott Skiles replaces Bill Cartwright (real face and speech), Johnny Davis replaces Doc Rivers (uses generic face and speech)
Also, during the install, there is a slight pause at the end, it has not crashed, just wait a minute or so and it will finish updating files.
My roster update fixes the Training Camp Dynasty thing where you could lose points for not training. Ratings are lower than most people are used to, they look fine to me (especially if you convert to the old scale) but don't worry, after one year in dynasty they auto-adjust to fit with the new rookies.