NBA 2K84 The Magic vs Bird Era

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K24 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NBA 2K84 The Magic vs Bird Era

Postby dante24 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:16 am

1980s graphic.png

Following on from last years 2K83..

I present an in-depth roster update to imitate the NBA's 1983-84 season to relive and/or re-create some of NBA histories greatest moments

*Released*

If you would like to play test yourself and give any feedback you can download the roster from steam just search 'Eras' or:

Username: G-host
Roster name: NBA Eras 1983 Magic vs Bird

Drafts search:
Draft 1984 Real faces

No mods to download for this one I just made use of the existing and hidden cyberfaces (props to Looyh's roster tool which makes it all possible)

Features:
- Full 1983-84 roster as of the beginning of the season No Fillers or CAPs. Some teams may have players who played their last season between 1980-83 but didn't officially retire. This is just to make myleague work and are usually low rated
- Free agent pool with some retro players who had a couple years left in the tank
- No Generics or 2k shoes. Most shoes should fit the time period
- Retro team names and logos for the 1984 season
- Head Coaches, Assistants and GM's 80% accurate
- Career stats (ppg, rebs, awards etc) added for majority of players
- Updated player signature moves, attributes and tendencies to reflect the times

I've used some fictional teams used for the ones that didn't exist at the time with low-average rated players and some classics. This prevents the real NBA teams in myleague from breaking NBA win records as they would just dump on teams with 65 overalls. Plus these weak teams just become superpowered once they get all the top draft picks.
TLDR; they should be ass enough to not always be at the bottom of the league but also never make the playoffs. Unless you want them to of course

Image credits to Skythlee https://www.deviantart.com/skythlee/art ... -640390682
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by ... ate-credit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dante24

Return to NBA 2K24 Modding