NBA2K24 Tools | Roster Editor

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K24 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA2K24 Tools | Roster Editor

Postby looyh on Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:31 pm

dinplok wrote:Hi! I keep getting these errors when I try to install it. Any idea what's causing this/ how to fix it? Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/oOeA6n1

The blue one when I run from the zip file and the white one when I run from extracted file.

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-fix-windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-error/
looyh

Postby dinplok on Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:44 pm

I've seen and tried those before posting. None of them worked, unfortunately :(
dinplok

Postby StefanDella on Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:45 pm

Luke2jc wrote:
Shuajota wrote:
Luke2jc wrote:
Shuajota wrote:
kloppo23 wrote:When I added new jersey. Number section like that. I think 2k use different numbers this year.

[ Image ]

That´s why tweak files from 2K23 don´t work on 2K24. You need to edit a tweak.iff from 2K24 and then it will work.
You can use the deafult ones for the Heat.

Shuajota, just use the default Heat tweak file for all 2k23 jersey tweak files for 2k24? Do you have a quick video showing how to do this? I’m having the same issue but unfortunately explaining what to do to me that don’t understand modding files can be challenging.

Just remove all tweak files from your Mods/clothing folder and try them.

I figured it out. Thanks for the guidance.

Sorry for bothering but I tried to insert a retro Jersey, I didn't put the clothing resource file in order to avoid the glowing effect; in this way I don't see the numbers, how can I add the clothing resources in order to see them correctly?
Thank you guys!
StefanDella

Postby Luke2jc on Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:05 am

@Looyh, thanks as always for your tools you provide to us to make 2K worth playing on PC. Question about the Editor, this year when you make changes to alltime teams, it changes the current team too. For example, I'm adding an ABA ball for the Spalding file for the Alltime teams but I want the regular NBA ball for the regular teams. But when I change the ball to Spalding on the alltime team, it changes it to Spalding for the current team too automatically. But each team has it's own input options. It does that for the jerseys too. If I delete or add a jersey on the alltime team, it changes it automatically for the current team. For example alltime lakers inputs impacts current lakers.
Luke2jc

Postby looyh on Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:59 pm

Luke2jc wrote:@Looyh, thanks as always for your tools you provide to us to make 2K worth playing on PC. Question about the Editor, this year when you make changes to alltime teams, it changes the current team too. For example, I'm adding an ABA ball for the Spalding file for the Alltime teams but I want the regular NBA ball for the regular teams. But when I change the ball to Spalding on the alltime team, it changes it to Spalding for the current team too automatically. But each team has it's own input options. It does that for the jerseys too. If I delete or add a jersey on the alltime team, it changes it automatically for the current team. For example alltime lakers inputs impacts current lakers.

Because they share the same stadium, and the basketball type is in stadium editing.
looyh

Postby jk31 on Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:17 am

thanks for the tool, i love that you added batch processing and instantly donated on your patreon!

do you think it is possible to copy the data of multiple players at once while batch editing? when I select multiple players and copy the player data, it does not give the data of the single players but instead just copys the default values for each field (so 25 for each rating, position PG and so on).
jk31

Postby Luke2jc on Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:38 am

looyh wrote:
Luke2jc wrote:@Looyh, thanks as always for your tools you provide to us to make 2K worth playing on PC. Question about the Editor, this year when you make changes to alltime teams, it changes the current team too. For example, I'm adding an ABA ball for the Spalding file for the Alltime teams but I want the regular NBA ball for the regular teams. But when I change the ball to Spalding on the alltime team, it changes it to Spalding for the current team too automatically. But each team has it's own input options. It does that for the jerseys too. If I delete or add a jersey on the alltime team, it changes it automatically for the current team. For example alltime lakers inputs impacts current lakers.

Because they share the same stadium, and the basketball type is in stadium editing.

Got it. Change the actual stadium but keep the floor/court files the same. Thanks Looyh
Luke2jc

Postby BiG250 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:56 pm

Thanks for tool Looyh!

I need help with the tool, isn't working from my end. There's no issue with installing the tool. The only issue is when I run the game and the tool "Not Running". Tried reinstall the game and the tool, verified the game with steam. The anti virus, windows firewall are turned off. Thanks and more power..!
BiG250

Postby dirtydraw on Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:44 am

dinplok wrote:

I've seen and tried those before posting. None of them worked, unfortunately :(

I've had same problem. Activate the administrator account in Windows. Login with that administrator account. Then go to the device or folder where the roster editor files are placed. Give your windows account full administrator rights. Read, write full access.
Important is to restart the PC after that.

That worked for me.
dirtydraw
Bulls Fanatic

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:52 pm

Sorry for the delay in pinning this. Huge thanks as always for all your awesome work!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby leoniperagnelli on Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:17 am

I installed one of the latest updated rosters and I find several players with long-sleeved under-tanks like Davis, and Davis himself without... how is it possible? could it be the roster file's fault?
leoniperagnelli

Postby itmejax on Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:40 am

Is it possible to change player takeovers, contact and/or alley oop packages for players? I've looked all over for this with no luck. Only able to change the normal 15 dunk packages. Don't want to add contact or alley animations there since it might make the game wig out.

Thanks in advance!
itmejax

Postby remueljanus01 on Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:52 pm

Is this working on MyCareer?
remueljanus01

Postby Ataf on Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:18 am

remueljanus01 wrote:Is this working on MyCareer?

If you mean for offline mycareer, yes it does. IDK about online.. I doubt it.
P.S if you play a perimeter player, which isn't a point guard/forward (they have this on by default), putting the option "Play initiator" under Vitals from "No -> Yes" lets you able to call plays on offence and defence. You have to do it every time you open up the save since 2k will put it back to off, unlike animations and accessories. I don't think it works for centers to make calls but I'm not 100% sure when it works or not, it worked for me the last 2k like this.
I can't play mycareer without using this tool tbh saves VC and better mycareer experience in general.
Ataf

Postby remueljanus01 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:54 pm

Ataf wrote:
remueljanus01 wrote:Is this working on MyCareer?

If you mean for offline mycareer, yes it does. IDK about online.. I doubt it.
P.S if you play a perimeter player, which isn't a point guard/forward (they have this on by default), putting the option "Play initiator" under Vitals from "No -> Yes" lets you able to call plays on offence and defence. You have to do it every time you open up the save since 2k will put it back to off, unlike animations and accessories. I don't think it works for centers to make calls but I'm not 100% sure when it works or not, it worked for me the last 2k like this.
I can't play mycareer without using this tool tbh saves VC and better mycareer experience in general.

Thanks for the confirmation! I'll buy the game on sale. This tool saved me from the long grind in 2k23.
remueljanus01

Postby itmejax on Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:06 pm

It works online, but I only play regular season games, so I doubt it works if you try to play park games or something. I use it for trades and draft classes in mycareer. Doesn't save much info on your actual player though, so not as useful as it would be in offline I imagine.
itmejax

Postby jk31 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:09 am

leoniperagnelli wrote:I installed one of the latest updated rosters and I find several players with long-sleeved under-tanks like Davis, and Davis himself without... how is it possible? could it be the roster file's fault?

did you try to edit this roster with the tool or what exactly is your question here to the developer of the roster editor tool?
jk31

Postby BodyBump on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:08 am

HI Looyh. Just wanna ask regarding NBA 2k24 Tool 1.0.3. I tried to edit the Miami Heat Home accessories to BLACK instead of White. But when I reload MYLeague Season game, it went back to their WHITE accessories. Need advice on this. Really appreciate it. Thank you.
BodyBump

Postby bikerjimuk on Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:35 pm

BodyBump wrote:HI Looyh. Just wanna ask regarding NBA 2k24 Tool 1.0.3. I tried to edit the Miami Heat Home accessories to BLACK instead of White. But when I reload MYLeague Season game, it went back to their WHITE accessories. Need advice on this. Really appreciate it. Thank you.

I have the same issue, it doesn't seem to save the jersey colours between screens in Myteam either
bikerjimuk

Postby jk31 on Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:03 am

bikerjimuk wrote:
BodyBump wrote:HI Looyh. Just wanna ask regarding NBA 2k24 Tool 1.0.3. I tried to edit the Miami Heat Home accessories to BLACK instead of White. But when I reload MYLeague Season game, it went back to their WHITE accessories. Need advice on this. Really appreciate it. Thank you.

I have the same issue, it doesn't seem to save the jersey colours between screens in Myteam either

you cannot use the tool to edit anything in any online mode. it just wont be saved.
jk31

Postby bikerjimuk on Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:05 am

Is it possible to extract a list of which players are assigned which shoes?
bikerjimuk

Postby bikerjimuk on Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:25 am

Also do you know which file contains the shoe names?
bikerjimuk

Postby jk31 on Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:20 pm

is there a way to support jersey/stadium modding with the current version of the game? I am playing mostly online and would like to edit the roster we use in our online league in that regard, but this seems like to work only while using the hook plugin. and when using the hook, I am required to use the v1.2 exe, which makes me unable to start a new online league with my edited roster.
jk31

Postby chuajefry on Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:48 pm

hello guys, is there a way to make 4 to 5 socks color in every jersey? even though i made the socks color to 4 in the 2ktool, it still doesn't appear in the game.. it's still 3 socks color per jersey..
chuajefry

Postby wbmongoose on Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:39 am

Can I make jersey swaps persist after saving a roster? I really want to make some vintage jerseys the default, but the changes don't seem to stick.
wbmongoose

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K24 Modding