NBA 2K24 WILL BE OLD-GEN ON PC ONCE AGAIN!

Talk about NBA 2K24 here.

Re: NBA 2K24 WILL BE OLD-GEN ON PC ONCE AGAIN!

Postby Shuajota on Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:24 pm

gyozalee wrote:modded 2K23 in PC looks significantly better than PS5/XB1 2K23, do you agree?

to be honest, I don't even know what is the difference between modded current-gen 2K23 in PC vs 2K23 in next-gen consoles. I am being genuine here. Do you folks know what the difference? any gameplay difference? Graphics (faces) definitely look better in modded current-gen, no?

I have NBA 2K23 on PC and on PS5, and there's a clear difference. The gameplay is much smoother, there are more animations, and additionally, 2K is introducing PROPlay for the first time, which is a technology capable of capturing animations from real games. In terms of graphics, there's no reshade that comes close to the next-gen version's graphical quality. The textures of eyes, teeth, and facial expressions were redesigned exclusively for the next-gen version. I don't mean to say that NBA 2K23 on PC with mods doesn't look good - some mods provide an incredibly realistic result. But still, the next-gen version is a step ahead.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby vetmin on Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:15 pm

Shuajota wrote:
gyozalee wrote:modded 2K23 in PC looks significantly better than PS5/XB1 2K23, do you agree?

to be honest, I don't even know what is the difference between modded current-gen 2K23 in PC vs 2K23 in next-gen consoles. I am being genuine here. Do you folks know what the difference? any gameplay difference? Graphics (faces) definitely look better in modded current-gen, no?

I have NBA 2K23 on PC and on PS5, and there's a clear difference. The gameplay is much smoother, there are more animations, and additionally, 2K is introducing PROPlay for the first time, which is a technology capable of capturing animations from real games. In terms of graphics, there's no reshade that comes close to the next-gen version's graphical quality. The textures of eyes, teeth, and facial expressions were redesigned exclusively for the next-gen version. I don't mean to say that NBA 2K23 on PC with mods doesn't look good - some mods provide an incredibly realistic result. But still, the next-gen version is a step ahead.

Arena lighting is just flat-out better too. You can make old-gen look significantly better than it looks by default, with a lot of the same lighting characteristics as new-gen, but there are bugs and compatibility issues, and even when you get them to work it never looks quite as good because stadiums on old-gen are not really optimized to handle those sorts of lighting shapes. It may even just be that new-gen uses those same lighting shapes, but just better optimized for higher-end hardware and arena use.

Re: PROPlay: We'll see how it goes with that. If I had to bet money I'd wager that, for the first year at least, it'll be more of a gimmick thing that's used to capture real-life dunks in the dunk contest, real-life celebrations, and other sorts of one-off things like that. Maybe also a few new dunk / dribble packages for players tied to MyTeam promos or something. All of that is a nice start, but I think it'll take several 2K iterations (maybe the entire gen) for it to really sink into the veins of the game and make movement / collisions overall feel fundamentally more lifelike.
vetmin

Postby gyozalee on Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:31 am

Shuajota wrote:I have NBA 2K23 on PC and on PS5, and there's a clear difference. The gameplay is much smoother, there are more animations, and additionally, 2K is introducing PROPlay for the first time, which is a technology capable of capturing animations from real games. In terms of graphics, there's no reshade that comes close to the next-gen version's graphical quality. The textures of eyes, teeth, and facial expressions were redesigned exclusively for the next-gen version. I don't mean to say that NBA 2K23 on PC with mods doesn't look good - some mods provide an incredibly realistic result. But still, the next-gen version is a step ahead.

I am just looking at this gameplay in YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5rvu34CrAE and it's PS5. Gameplay may look smoother I agree but graphics, I am not too convinced when compared playing it in PC in RTX 3090. I still feel modded 2K23 in PC looks better but I may need to play it myself in PS5.

The faces and build of the players in PS5 look cartoonish and unathletic, compared to modded PC. Purely my 2c (Y)
gyozalee

Postby Cyber007x on Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:48 am

The Lighting mode is different, some animations are different, the user interface is also different and finally some game modes are added (not included)
Cyber007x

Postby OldMan40 on Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:32 am

This lack of so called Next Gen is bull****. But to be honest, I don't care. What 2K and Visual Concepts seem to be missing is the fact that we just want MyNBA Eras!!!! At least that's all I want. There is absolutely ZERO reason for why this mode isn't available to us seeing as how every single thing pertaining to said mode is already present in NBA 2K23. Floors, overlays, players, teams, even the overlays for the franchise mode is there. There's no logical reason.
OldMan40

Postby OldMan40 on Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:40 am

gyozalee wrote:
Shuajota wrote:I have NBA 2K23 on PC and on PS5, and there's a clear difference. The gameplay is much smoother, there are more animations, and additionally, 2K is introducing PROPlay for the first time, which is a technology capable of capturing animations from real games. In terms of graphics, there's no reshade that comes close to the next-gen version's graphical quality. The textures of eyes, teeth, and facial expressions were redesigned exclusively for the next-gen version. I don't mean to say that NBA 2K23 on PC with mods doesn't look good - some mods provide an incredibly realistic result. But still, the next-gen version is a step ahead.

I am just looking at this gameplay in YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5rvu34CrAE and it's PS5. Gameplay may look smoother I agree but graphics, I am not too convinced when compared playing it in PC in RTX 3090. I still feel modded 2K23 in PC looks better but I may need to play it myself in PS5.

The faces and build of the players in PS5 look cartoonish and unathletic, compared to modded PC. Purely my 2c (Y)

To add to what you said, is it just me or does the jersey physics look absolutely non existent on PS5/Xbox? The uniforms look painted on. Hell 2k7 had better jersey physics than the so called Next Gen.
OldMan40

Postby OldMan40 on Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:41 am

Sorry everyone. Don't know why my reply posted 3 times.
OldMan40

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:41 pm

In my eyes, the only reason the decision was made was purely because it was in take two's best business interest to keep pc as older gen.

I don't agree, but I no longer care either. I lost all willingness to give take two or 2K the benefit of the doubt.
I've bought this game on both console and PC the last few years. Even bought VC this most recent year. It did not improve my experience, so
I just don't care to do it again.

Whatever you guys choose to do, I just hope you have an enjoyable experience.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby blackthorne2001 on Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:45 pm

and the PC will also be using DENUVO I wonder if this can affect the modding.
blackthorne2001

Postby gregotin on Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:58 pm

blackthorne2001 wrote:and the PC will also be using DENUVO I wonder if this can affect the modding.

I just saw a screenshot of Looyh saying this will very surely affect modding on 2k24. It is bad news ngl.
gregotin

Postby blackthorne2001 on Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:23 pm

gregotin wrote:
blackthorne2001 wrote:and the PC will also be using DENUVO I wonder if this can affect the modding.

I just saw a screenshot of Looyh saying this will very surely affect modding on 2k24. It is bad news ngl.

damn no next-gen and it seems the modding will be hard on 2k24.
blackthorne2001

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:28 am

The question here is if this means integration of the anti-cheat package as well or not. If so, it could be some good news in the long run.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby lipegsouza on Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:05 pm

i can see what 2k is doing here, theyre trying to solve 2 problems with 1 solution. if they got the latest version of denuvo, then 2k24 will not be cracked. there is only 1 person currently cracking denuvo games and she definitly aint going to waste her time with 2k24. even fifa (more popular) only got 2 cracks in the last 5 years. as for the cheats, they could be harder to make for 2k24, like mods will possibly be. i think they will see what happens in the first months and then make a decision about the future. if the sales go up and the cheats go down, they could make more investments in the pc version and maybe we will see an next gen 2k25. if nothing changes, i can see denuvo being removed from the game (denuvo is a subscription, i dont think they will keep paying it for long if the results arent good) and everything coming back to what it was before.
lipegsouza

Postby gregotin on Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:18 pm

lipegsouza wrote:i can see what 2k is doing here, theyre trying to solve 2 problems with 1 solution. if they got the latest version of denuvo, then 2k24 will not be cracked. there is only 1 person currently cracking denuvo games and she definitly aint going to waste her time with 2k24. even fifa (more popular) only got 2 cracks in the last 5 years. as for the cheats, they could be harder to make for 2k24, like mods will possibly be. i think they will see what happens in the first months and then make a decision about the future. if the sales go up and the cheats go down, they could make more investments in the pc version and maybe we will see an next gen 2k25. if nothing changes, i can see denuvo being removed from the game (denuvo is a subscription, i dont think they will keep paying it for long if the results arent good) and everything coming back to what it was before.

Interesting. Or, they'll just stop making nba 2k for PC. The idea of a new gen modded version on pc seems far away now.
gregotin

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:40 pm

Hopefully the anti-cheat measures don't interfere with modding. It's a tough situation because they're absolutely needed for the online scene, which has been even worse on PC than on console due to the hacking. However, there's obviously a ton of stuff with modding that's on the level, so hopefully it doesn't suffer collateral damage.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby jmmontoro on Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:43 am

Is there any anticheat at all? I'm reading on Steam forums that it's the same as always.
jmmontoro

Postby lipegsouza on Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:03 pm

jmmontoro wrote:Is there any anticheat at all? I'm reading on Steam forums that it's the same as always.

There is no anti cheat, only denuvo, but it is a tool against cracks. in fact the game is not yet cracked and probably never will be unless 2k removes denuvo from it. denuvo affecting mods and cheats was just a possibility, but it looks like both mods and cheats are working fine.
lipegsouza

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:03 am

lipegsouza wrote:There is no anti cheat, only denuvo

Denuvo offers both anti-tamper and anti-cheat. Hence the pre-release question if Denuvo AC is also included.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:39 am

lipegsouza wrote:unless 2k removes denuvo from it.

I can be wrong, but from what i read on reddit, denuvo is paid like monthly.
So the day 2K decided it doesnt worth it, they have to remove it.
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:55 pm

It remains to be seen what happens with anti-cheat, but the good news is that mods are working and there's native support for a mod folder like the old CustomArt folder in NBA Live. Overdue, but that's great to see.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby blackthorne2001 on Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:11 pm

it seems that anti-cheat on denuvo is not working there is many cheaters already in the park.
blackthorne2001

Postby pistonnation on Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:04 pm

blackthorne2001 wrote:it seems that anti-cheat on denuvo is not working there is many cheaters already in the park.

It's there just as a scare tactic. lol But seriously, 2K probably just went with the "Free License" for Denuvo. :lol: (also joking)
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:26 am

meanwhile 2K24 is ranked 2nd worst game of the Steam history : congrats 2K :applaud: :cheeky:
sticky-fingers

Postby pistonnation on Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:08 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:meanwhile 2K24 is ranked 2nd worst game of the Steam history : congrats 2K :applaud: :cheeky:

Maybe if they, hmm, idk IMPLEMENT ACTUAL ANTI-CHEAT, CROSS-PLAY, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MAKE IT ON PAR WITH THE PS5/XONE ENGINE?!
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:40 pm

blackthorne2001 wrote:it seems that anti-cheat on denuvo is not working there is many cheaters already in the park.

pistonnation wrote:It's there just as a scare tactic. lol But seriously, 2K probably just went with the "Free License" for Denuvo. :lol: (also joking)

OK, I see people are still confused about it.

Denuvo offers several products. Two of them are an "Anti-Tamper" and "Anti-Cheat". You can have one, the other or both at the same time.

The Anti-Tamper is a protection for DRM. It makes game cracking harder, IIRC there are like two people/groups capable of cracking Denuvo Anti-Tamper and it's likely that they will not spend time on NBA 2K games.
The Anti-Cheat is what the name suggests. It detects people trying to cheat.

Based on the EULA we know they use the Anti-Tamper and it's highly likely that the anti-cheat is not implemented.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Previous

Return to NBA 2K24