Having a hard time importing hair SCNE files into Blender

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K22 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Having a hard time importing hair SCNE files into Blender

Postby elias5598 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:48 pm

(apologies to the people i've messaged with this text, just super stuck rn could use help)

Im a bit stuck right now, I've pretty much got all of the steps down to import models from NBA2K22 to Blender down but I can't figure out a few things.

I'm getting an error when trying to import hair into blender from the png files of the players, most of the posts I can find on here describe their beard and hair files with different names (i.e "facial_hair_01", or something like that) my beard file is named "beard_custom.SCNE" and when I try to go into the file using notepad++ to delete the hihead LOD (which is what most posts suggest is the problem with importing to blender) there is nothing in the file that has any text containing "hihead","model",or "LOD". So im stuck with bald characters rn. haha

- Is there a way to put textures on the imported character models directly from 2K22 into blender?
- how do I get beard and hair onto my model?

Anyone who could help me out would be a lifesaver!!
:bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown:
Im using:
Blender 2.8, (tried 2.79 and 3.1)
And the latest NBA2K22 Hook with the in-game GUI
elias5598

Re: Having a hard time importing hair SCNE files into Blender

Postby Shuajota on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:14 am

elias5598 wrote:(apologies to the people i've messaged with this text, just super stuck rn could use help)

Im a bit stuck right now, I've pretty much got all of the steps down to import models from NBA2K22 to Blender down but I can't figure out a few things.

I'm getting an error when trying to import hair into blender from the png files of the players, most of the posts I can find on here describe their beard and hair files with different names (i.e "facial_hair_01", or something like that) my beard file is named "beard_custom.SCNE" and when I try to go into the file using notepad++ to delete the hihead LOD (which is what most posts suggest is the problem with importing to blender) there is nothing in the file that has any text containing "hihead","model",or "LOD". So im stuck with bald characters rn. haha

- Is there a way to put textures on the imported character models directly from 2K22 into blender?

Im using:

You don´t have to edit the beard_custom.SCNE file. For facial hair you have to go the the facialHair_01.SCNE
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby elias5598 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:28 am

Shuajota wrote:
elias5598 wrote:(apologies to the people i've messaged with this text, just super stuck rn could use help)

Im using:

You don´t have to edit the beard_custom.SCNE file. For facial hair you have to go the the facialHair_01.SCNE

The only SCNE files in my png for lebron are "beard_custom.SCNE", "hair_custom.SCNE", "hihead.SCNE"
elias5598

Postby elias5598 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:28 am

Shuajota wrote:

Im using:

The only SCNE files in my png for lebron are "beard_custom.SCNE", "hair_custom.SCNE", "hihead.SCNE"
elias5598

Postby Shuajota on Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:05 am

elias5598 wrote:
Shuajota wrote:

Im using:

You don´t need to the edit those files from the regular png. You have to extract the pngXXXX_facialhair_01.iff (XXXX=1013 if you want to edit LeBron). There you will find the facialhair_01.SCNE and its hihead model. The same for a hair, you have to extract the pngXXXX_hair_01.iff to get the hair_01.SCNE with its model.
Shuajota

Postby elias5598 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:22 am

I see - I got hair to work! "png4090_facialHair_01_tangentspace.iff" for Joel Embiid, contains a facial hair scene file titled, "facialHair_01_tangentspace.SCNE".

When i try to import that SCNE file using the NBA 2k Importer & Exporter Panel in blender it just adds more of his head hair?

Is there a way to attach the exported textures to the model too?
elias5598

Postby Shuajota on Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:27 am

elias5598 wrote:I see - I got hair to work! "png4090_facialHair_01_tangentspace.iff" for Joel Embiid, contains a facial hair scene file titled, "facialHair_01_tangentspace.SCNE".

When i try to import that SCNE file using the NBA 2k Importer & Exporter Panel in blender it just adds more of his head hair?

Is there a way to attach the exported textures to the model too?

You can ignore those tangentspace files. I never use them. I put the facialhair_01.scne and its model into the regular png. And I remove these lines from the appearance file. It will work.
Shuajota

Postby elias5598 on Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:15 am

for some reason I still don't see anything as facialhair_01 at least for embiid :shock: :shock:

this is super helpful still thank you for it thus far! Is there any way to easily get textures on the models once they're in blender?

For instance- i loaded up Nurkic (who def has a beard) in 5v5 blacktop menu where they have their models. But all of the facial hair files that the file manager plugin/extractor in NBA2K22 catches is the tangentspace facial hair

tangentfacialhair.JPG

EDIT

I was able to manually get the hair from a different export console! Your format you typed with the XXXX substitution for player numbers was super helpful! Thank you!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Where do I look to get shorts/shoes/jersey and the textures for the body and face? Tried applying some dds i found in a faceXXX.iff file but the color map (which i assume is the base model color) didn't load and the other maps like height, apply to the whole body instead of just the face
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elias5598

Postby Shuajota on Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:39 pm

elias5598 wrote:for some reason I still don't see anything as facialhair_01 at least for embiid :shock: :shock:

this is super helpful still thank you for it thus far! Is there any way to easily get textures on the models once they're in blender?

For instance- i loaded up Nurkic (who def has a beard) in 5v5 blacktop menu where they have their models. But all of the facial hair files that the file manager plugin/extractor in NBA2K22 catches is the tangentspace facial hair

tangentfacialhair.JPG

EDIT

I was able to manually get the hair from a different export console! Your format you typed with the XXXX substitution for player numbers was super helpful! Thank you!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Where do I look to get shorts/shoes/jersey and the textures for the body and face? Tried applying some dds i found in a faceXXX.iff file but the color map (which i assume is the base model color) didn't load and the other maps like height, apply to the whole body instead of just the face

I use the export console and the manifest file from the main installation folder to export game files.
Shuajota

Postby elias5598 on Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:10 am

Awesome - I got the beard and hair to upload correctly - I'm curious how/where you get the textures and models for the jerseys/skin/and face ? I tried using DDS converter 2 to convert the dds textures in faceXXXX.iff but they didn't work? And that's just for the head.
elias5598

Return to NBA 2K22 Modding