CLASSIC SEASONS MOD 86-97 (87, 94 & 95 w/stats) ** 98 RELEASE IMMINENT **

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: CLASSIC SEASONS MOD 86-97 (87, 94 & 95 w/stats) ** 98 RELEASE IMMINENT **

Postby luricz on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:47 am

Stildo33 wrote:This is the beta release of the 1998 MOD. I will update main page later tonight or tomorrow with an installation guide and an "offical" release at that time. In the meantime, you can still download the files and enjoy the roster. This link is ONLY for the 1998 Roster and mod files.

THE MAIN "change" is how the jerseys work. You must copy/replace the 1998+ jersey folder over the exisiting ones in the waigua folder when using the 1998 roster. You will need to use the 86-97 jersey folders when using those rosters. I believe this is all you SHOULD need to do.

I need people to test this and make sure they are seeing things correctly on your end. The teams should all have "longer shorts" and the correct jerseys for those years.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/angr7o4x ... CK.7z/file

Hi! firts of thanks for the new release!

I have tested it, If I understood correctly I installed the "Goes Into Waigua" into waigua (clothing folder files also in its respective folder) and installed and replaced everything from the "jerseys-1998..."in waigua aswell.
teams that still wear short shorts for me.
Bucks
Warriors (They have new court but still old uniforms)
Clippers
Bulls
Grizzlies
Hawks
Kings
Hornets
Nuggets
Rockets

I also had a problem after installing and replacing the "Jerseys-1986-1997" folder back from the 1998 one, in rosters 97 and 98 game crashes in team selection screen with the Jazz.
I think I installed everything correctly.

I hope it helps.
luricz

Postby Stildo33 on Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:29 pm

luricz wrote:
Stildo33 wrote:This is the beta release of the 1998 MOD. I will update main page later tonight or tomorrow with an installation guide and an "offical" release at that time. In the meantime, you can still download the files and enjoy the roster. This link is ONLY for the 1998 Roster and mod files.

THE MAIN "change" is how the jerseys work. You must copy/replace the 1998+ jersey folder over the exisiting ones in the waigua folder when using the 1998 roster. You will need to use the 86-97 jersey folders when using those rosters. I believe this is all you SHOULD need to do.

I need people to test this and make sure they are seeing things correctly on your end. The teams should all have "longer shorts" and the correct jerseys for those years.

I have tested it, If I understood correctly I installed the "Goes Into Waigua" into waigua (clothing folder files also in its respective folder) and installed and replaced everything from the "jerseys-1998..."in waigua aswell.
Bucks
Clippers
Bulls
Grizzlies
Hawks
Kings
Hornets
Nuggets
Rockets

I also had a problem after installing and replacing the "Jerseys-1986-1997" folder back from the 1998 one, in rosters 97 and 98 game crashes in team selection screen with the Jazz.

I hope it helps.

THanks. Crap. LOL.

Can you try and delete all the uniforms from waigua and JUST copy the 1998 uniforms into that folder. For some reason I think that is the fix, I hope.

I may just have to upload my entire waigua in order to get this to work. The jerseys were SUPER annoying to get them all to show up correctly. I ran into some weird crashing issues, all the teams had right length of shorts but 1, Jazz had the right uniforms but were short, etc.
Stildo33

Postby Stildo33 on Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:37 pm

You can try and download my waigua and see if it works. its like 18gb though.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/of9sbv ... MARCH+2024
Stildo33

Postby luricz on Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:09 am

Stildo33 wrote:
luricz wrote:

Bucks
Clippers
Bulls
Grizzlies
Hawks
Kings
Hornets
Nuggets
Rockets

I hope it helps.

THanks. Crap. LOL.

Can you try and delete all the uniforms from waigua and JUST copy the 1998 uniforms into that folder. For some reason I think that is the fix, I hope.

I may just have to upload my entire waigua in order to get this to work. The jerseys were SUPER annoying to get them all to show up correctly. I ran into some weird crashing issues, all the teams had right length of shorts but 1, Jazz had the right uniforms but were short, etc.

Sure, I'll try now and let you know (Y)
luricz

Postby luricz on Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:46 am

Ok it works, All teams wearing long shorts if you only have the 98 uniforms installed :)

Warriors still wearing the old uniforms for me and had to manually change the shorts length in edit roster for some warriors players.

The rest looks good.
Let me know if you need to test more stuff, i'll try to help whenever I have the time :)

I have no idea about modding, but, would no be possible to create alternate uniforms for all teams as classic uniforms, assignt them on the specific roster as default and edit players to wear long shorts? i dont now if that makes sense lol...

for exemple, the hornets have the alternate blues (I think is the only team with alternate jersey in the mod) those uniforms have long shorts if you assign them in player edit and works for any year.
luricz

Postby Stildo33 on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:12 am

luricz wrote:Ok it works, All teams wearing long shorts if you only have the 98 uniforms installed :)

Warriors still wearing the old uniforms for me and had to manually change the shorts length in edit roster for some warriors players.

The rest looks good.
Let me know if you need to test more stuff, i'll try to help whenever I have the time :)

I have no idea about modding, but, would no be possible to create alternate uniforms for all teams as classic uniforms, assignt them on the specific roster as default and edit players to wear long shorts? i dont now if that makes sense lol...

for exemple, the hornets have the alternate blues (I think is the only team with alternate jersey in the mod) those uniforms have long shorts if you assign them in player edit and works for any year.

Awesome. I think I know what the problem is then. Just have to swap between uniforms, which is what I figured would be the case.

I can fix the Warriors stuff (means at some point I accidently started using the wrong roster towards the end, but I know what changes need done). I can change their length too.

Thanks man!

Jazz work?
Stildo33

Postby luricz on Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:38 am

No problem man I'm glad I can help, I love this mod :)

Jazz keept crashing for the 97 and 98 rosters after I installed the "JERSEYS-1986-1997" Folder back from the "JERSEYS-1998-XXXX"

I made a clean install of the original Mod, checked if it worked fine which it did, then I installed only The "JERSEYS-1986-1997" and it crashed on the team selection screen for the 97/98 Jazz again, so i assume the problem is in that folder.
luricz

Postby Stildo33 on Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:23 pm

Thanks. This is helpful. Not sure what is causing the crash, especially on the 97 roster. That's weird. The 98 crash makes more sense (having 86-97 files installed for example).

Here is a link to the updated 97 and 98 myleague rosters. Tweaked 3-4 players, added Walter McCarty to both rosters (not sure how I missed him twice), also fixed the uniform issues on the 98 Warriors. These should show up correctly.

I will update the MOD Pak itself tomorrow so future downloads won't need to add this fix. As of now, they do:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kdcniu ... 98+UPDATES
Stildo33

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:09 am

Stildo33 wrote:Thanks. This is helpful. Not sure what is causing the crash, especially on the 97 roster. That's weird. The 98 crash makes more sense (having 86-97 files installed for example).

Here is a link to the updated 97 and 98 myleague rosters. Tweaked 3-4 players, added Walter McCarty to both rosters (not sure how I missed him twice), also fixed the uniform issues on the 98 Warriors. These should show up correctly.

I will update the MOD Pak itself tomorrow so future downloads won't need to add this fix. As of now, they do:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kdcniu ... 98+UPDATES

** 3-7-24 ** UPDATE

Added Zan Tabak to 1998 Roster....edited shoes on Antonie Walker, Corrected Audio on Billups.

** 3-8-24 ** UPDATE

Removed FAs that didnt play anymore/retired. Updated ages on all FAs.
Stildo33

Postby Stildo33 on Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:08 pm

Well I am about 90% done with the 1999 roster now too lol. Just need some updated courts/uniforms that I should have in a week. If I get those by end of next week, this roster will be out too (although the draft class won't be done for a few weeks - lots of CF to add to the 1999 draft class).

I will finish the final version of 1998 soon and release the beta version of 1999 next week
Stildo33

Postby coolbreeze24 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:06 am

Been meaning to write this up for a while. I am still loving this mod.

The only "issue" and I wouldn't categorize it as such, is that I get crashing in My League on the 94-95, 95-96, 96-97, and 97-98 rosters when I attempt to edit a player in the draft class. I simulated a each season without checking the draft class, and was able to go thru the off season with no issues. I'm guessing it's just the draft prospects that affected. Screenshot time!

The only team that I have noticed with shorter shorts on the 97-98 roster was the Miami Heat home jerseys.

Every now and then I will sim a MyLeague just to see if random things will occur,lol. I simmed two seasons using the 94-95 roster and imported the 95 & 96 Draft class. Will you look at that!

Rookie Kobe on the Lakers with no Shaq! Can't wait to see how this plays out. I am not going to play any part with the team transactions. I'm just going to play the Lakers games. Out the gate, game one! Against The Glide!

Big shout out to Stildo and everyone involved with this project. This mod NEEDS to be archived. I encourage everyone to grab this mod and store it. You will not regret it.
coolbreeze24

Postby luricz on Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:28 am

Stildo33 wrote:Well I am about 90% done with the 1999 roster now too lol. Just need some updated courts/uniforms that I should have in a week. If I get those by end of next week, this roster will be out too (although the draft class won't be done for a few weeks - lots of CF to add to the 1999 draft class).

I will finish the final version of 1998 soon and release the beta version of 1999 next week

That's awesome man Thanks!

btw I noticed 97 sixers has old court and, would it be possible to have long shorts for 97s? Iverson with short shorts is ...strange lol

Anyways looking forward for the new release!! :bowdown2:
luricz

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:05 am

luricz wrote:
Stildo33 wrote:Well I am about 90% done with the 1999 roster now too lol. Just need some updated courts/uniforms that I should have in a week. If I get those by end of next week, this roster will be out too (although the draft class won't be done for a few weeks - lots of CF to add to the 1999 draft class).

That's awesome man Thanks!

btw I noticed 97 sixers has old court and, would it be possible to have long shorts for 97s? Iverson with short shorts is ...strange lol

Anyways looking forward for the new release!! :bowdown2:

@CoolBreeze thanks for the pics and the issue with editing draft class during a myleague. I was unaware this ever existed. That's weird. Can you edit it during the off-season? Only way to adjust a draft class would be to do so outside of a myleague and then import it.

As for Iverson's uniform it does look weird. I agree. See my next post on this.
Stildo33

Postby Stildo33 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:23 am

*** OKAY - THIS IS THE 99.99% 1998 RELEASE **

1) I have 1 CF and 3-4 portraits I am waiting on. The CF is in a draft class. Everyone else is on the roster and released several posts back. I don't have time to update the main page and all that today as we are leaving for spring break today. Enjoy it! Appreciate the feedback. You can get all the files that are NOT on the main page in this thread (pages 52/53/54). Sorry for the hassle! Just haven't taken the time to organize it.

2) I corrected the court on the 1997. Its in the link below with some other files.

3) This does have the final 1998 release roster in it. Feel free to leave feedback or corrections and I will fix in a week.,

4) The 1999-Alpha roster is included in this download link. Here is what it does and doesn't have: It has all the players on the right teams and with the right players and coaches. I wanted to start a 98-99 season with Pierce. I have NOT edited player ratings, etc. So someone that should be a much better or worse player overall from the 98 to 99 season, isn't edited yet. But it may let you tinker around with it. Just know this is an alpa release, not even a beta.

5) I should have all the missing CFs and courts needed for the 1999 when I get back from break and I will do the final edits the week of April 1st. If I have all the needed files, I will release when edits are done then move on to the 2000 roster.

6) Also included in this link is the TOOL editor for 2k19. I am hoping this will help some other modders jump in with me on this. You can edit anything on here. So, if you don't like the 97 short shorts with Iverson you can just edit those out with this tool and use the 98 uniforms (not making a longer version of the 97). All you have to do is add the right file name.

Here is the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/ ... OL.7z/file
Last edited by Stildo33 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stildo33

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:44 pm

Awesome! Again, it's been a joy to see this project expanding in both directions to cover the Golden Era of the NBA.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby luricz on Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:02 am

Thank you so much! and enjoy spring brake!
luricz

Previous

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding