2K19 UBR mod possible ?

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

2K19 UBR mod possible ?

Postby endnotedeath on Wed May 09, 2018 1:29 am

i think it was possible every year even today but the only thing that we need is a teamwork , before everyone was contributing to enjoy the game now everyone is concerned with his own topic , adfly link and other like youtube channel....

so im realy not very optimistic about it but i hope im wrong :roll:
This topic was moved from NBA 2K18 by Andrew on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:21 pm.
endnotedeath

Re: 2K19 UBR mod possible ?

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 09, 2018 2:30 am

Ive said this before, a single season UBR mod will not happen for 2K18. We are approaching summer, and those projects need to be started very close to the release of the game, I doubt that many people will be working on 2K18 once 2K19 previews start rolling in.

With that being said, Maumau is adding retro teams (replacing retro teams in the game) at the moment, to create a type of UBR like I did for 2K17. Single seasons is another story... some single season mods are out there, but they are not as robust and detailed as the UBR was. Not to say that they are not good or great, but we don't have the same tools to work with (No redmc). RedMC worked almost like an excel program, so it was much easier to create single seasons. Not only that, we were able to just drop PNG's/.Iffs into a folder, which enabled us to just have our own team/player/logo files created without overwriting current ones.

You will see some single season mods, and maumaus roster, but you can't expect the same detail. Not only do we have less people working on retro, and less people teaming up (Like you mentioned), but we also lack the tools and WANT to get the job done. I checked out of 2K18 almost immediately after the game was released, as I think the gameplay is dreadful.

Your best bet is to be a voice for retro, and continue to push for it for 2K19. If 2K19 is a solid title, I will get started early like I did with 2K17. I miss the days of making my 3 rosters for 2K17, collaborating with PeacemanNOT, getting courts from Manni Live, getting tweaks from TBM, etc. I had a small, but solid team willing to help me with 2K17, we need that for 2K19 and moving forward.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 09, 2018 2:51 am

Just noticed this was asking about 2K19.

What I said above still stands. Be a voice for retro.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby endnotedeath on Wed May 09, 2018 9:15 pm

agree about the lack of tools , but if we look back at the start of urb we didn't have detailed roster at the start
endnotedeath

Postby Andrew on Thu May 10, 2018 1:07 am

I've mentioned it in other threads, but I think as a community, we've become too accustomed - maybe even spoiled ourselves - with what came before. That's not to say we shouldn't strive for it, but I think to some extent, we need to accept that there are some limitations at the moment, and work around them as best we can with the tools we've got. Maybe the detail won't be there as in previous generations, or at least not right away, but we can still create some fun stuff.

Way back in the early days of NBA Live PC modding, we'd have Legends and Champs rosters that used CAP appearances and default artwork. Nevertheless, we loved them because a lot of work went into them, and they still changed up the experience significantly. We can do a little better than that now, but I don't think there's anything wrong with doing the best we can (at least for a v1.0) release, as well as releasing beta and demo versions. Collaboration and cooperation will be key, of course.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 10, 2018 1:27 am

A few things.

I agree with Andrew, If you think about it, we are talking about the greatest mods maybe of all time (UBR/URB). The amount of work/content/collaboration is unmatched from what I have seen. The UBR team (Hawk) actively recruited people. I posted a Julius Erving mod I made on Moddingway, and Hawk messaged me and asked if I wanted to join the UBR team, and share my faces/make more work. I ended up contributing some faces, and eventmusic that was included as part of the mod. For me, I considered it to be a big deal at the time, because it was the biggest project I'd ever seen, and the biggest one in the 2K14 section. We just don't have that many people working together now, and it does make me sad sometimes.

To Andrews point, we don't necessarily have the tools either. You stated that we didn't have a detailed roster to start on NBA 2K12, you are right. But what we did have was RedMc/Reditor, and also people clamouring to work together. It can't be underestimated the value of what a program like RedMC/Reditor can do for these huge projects. As stated prior, the program is so robust and easy to use, it's like using excel to make a roster. It made everything so much easier. On NBA 2K13 and 2K14 I was able to effortlessly add new teams/replace current teams from roster to roster, this includes arenas/jerseys/players/logos, literally everything. I could swap a team into a roster in like 10-15 minutes, an entire team with all the art and everything. We just don't have that on this gen.

Not only that, the drag and drop feature of files is just not the same. While we have the modded folder, we need to overwrite in game files in basically all situations, meaning we cant add a ton of our own new content ON TOP OF what is already in the game. This makes things much harder. The new file system operates completely different, instead of thousands of individual files in the main folder, we have like 20-30 compressed files that are clearly harder to break into. Because it operates with this new file system, a program like RedMC is probably much harder to make. I am not a programmer, but I can guarantee that is the biggest reason we don't have a program like that for this gen.

As stated prior, I will jump on 2K19 immediately if I like the gameplay, and I will absolutely set out to create three rosters like I did for 2K17. However, a UBR with every single season is a different story entirely. That would take a collective team effort, and even with that, with our current resources, we may be able to achieve 4 or 5 amazing single season rosters to go along with a base roster that includes a bulk of new teams. I think that would be a great start, and would get retro moving forward again.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Definitely. I think the key will be to start small and do the best we can given the limitations, and build from there. As you noted, it's going to have to be a group effort.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:02 pm

I will have a lot more free time next year to work on big projects. This year was very disappointed for me, I wish I could’ve done more. Plus Dee not liking 2K18 was basically the nail in the coffin. What 2K19 shapes up to be will really determine if we get any big projects going, plus the tools etc.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:56 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:I will have a lot more free time next year to work on big projects. This year was very disappointed for me, I wish I could’ve done more. Plus Dee not liking 2K18 was basically the nail in the coffin. What 2K19 shapes up to be will really determine if we get any big projects going, plus the tools etc.

If 2K19 is an improvement over 2K18, and better than 2K17, I will be on board from day one. I Still feel really bad about that, so I am sorry.

Hoping both Live and 2K put out great games this year.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby seanjohn2525 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:47 pm

+1 (Y)
seanjohn2525

Return to NBA 2K19