First gameplay videos

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

First gameplay videos

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:43 am

Looks like some sort of embargo has been lifted. A flood of new gameplay footage is out!

phpBB [video]

Teammate grade starts at 0 instead of 75 this year. Also post basket cut scenes try to emulate social media live streams lmao

Looks like my future girlfriend Cassidy Hubbarth is in the game reporting on ESPN lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: First gameplay videos

Postby Rosque on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:07 am

This video is unavailable.
Rosque

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:15 am

I'm buying the hype.

phpBB [video]

So much improvement with the animations. Shots on the move/fadeaways etc look so much better.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Maverick on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:49 am

Couldn't see the video. It's just a black box for me and when right-click it I couldn't copy the link. Is it just me? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.
Maverick
for Life

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:28 am

Check out the video See posted. Looks like they took the one I posted down, probably because it was a good 80 minutes of actual gameplay, including videos and whatnot, so they were obvious spoilers. Unfortunately I was at work and wasn't able to watch the whole thing
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:40 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

I'm not saying there isn't still room for improvement, but everything I've seen so far is looking like a pleasing step forward to me. Hearing that it felt so much better on the sticks at EA Play is encouraging as well. I think it's going to be a solid year, though I really do hope there have been some decent additions/improvements to Ultimate Team and Franchise as well. That's what I'd like to sink my teeth into this year, because I'm burned out on career modes.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:05 am

I really hope the controls are responsive. That was mybiggest gripe with Live I think 17 it was, was the severe lag between my trigger and what I saw on the screen. There’s no way to know is once a Demo is released. I can say though, for certain, that there’s zero chance I buy 2K19 (I didn’t buy 2K18 either) but a decent chance I give Live 19 a shot for PS4.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:19 am

Responsiveness has been an issue since the series was rebooted with NBA Live 14. I thought NBA Live 18 was the best it had been since the reboot, but that being said, it was still an issue.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:38 am

Live 18 was not as responsive as I wanted (X1). The input lag/delay was a major difference from super reactive 2K17.

That's the thing I will notice first when I play Live 19, I have high hopes.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:49 am

I think input delay and movement will be night and day.

I've been playing a lot of the NHL 19 beta, and the thing you notice instantly is the difference in responsiveness from last years release. The big complaint with NHL this current gen is that movement felt clunky and inputs felt delayed. This is their first year with the real player motion tech as well, and I think it's worked wonders.

phpBB [video]

Granted, hockey games aren't as animation heavy as basketball games, but I think the puck control and skating responsiveness will translate to smoother dribble move input and overall player movement. Sometimes even just moving your player with the left stick in Live 18 felt clunky and strange. I dont think those problems will persist.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 am

From these videos looks like the foot planting/ change in direction is at the very least smoother, but whether more responsive is what we will find out when the demo drops
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:54 am

Striking a good balance between realistic foot planting and responsive controls has been a challenge this generation. Hopefully this year is going to mark a major step forward in achieving that.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 19